**watching doug vs. Iowa - 11/16/18 - 5:30 pm - ESPN2**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Where Connor will make the biggest impact is during Big Ten play when the officials start swallowing their whistles. I’m pretty sure he would prefer to play in a game where there are no fouls.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Last Night in three acts:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
That fucking guy Garza, he does the physical work inside then spends just enough time on the perimeter to open up lanes inside. Too many stretch guys fall in love with the three and abandon inside duties, not Garza.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
It’s fun to watch fans of a blue blood drool over Iowa’s athleticism.

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/cook-destroyed-us.136040/

They also seem to unanimously agree that this Iowa team is really effin good.

jibsey
Today at 6:45 AM

The I am a giant douche gets so many players like this and every team has a couple of them. Do they have a tree out back that they grow them and pick them off of?

I’d say that was a little racist if Iowa didn’t have a roster comprised 95% of white guys.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
That fucking guy Garza, he does the physical work inside then spends just enough time on the perimeter to open up lanes inside. Too many stretch guys fall in love with the three and abandon inside duties, not Garza.
I can't remember anyone at Iowa like him. We've had big guys that can shoot the 3, but have been pretty awful inside. We've had inside guys that can't shoot 3's.

Matt Bullard?

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Bullard was kind of a pussy and didn't like to be touched.

Less jumpy Russ Millard?

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I just finished watching the game and my takeaway is that Kriener is a freaking man-bear.

1:08 left in the game. He extends both arms straight up into the air.

There are two jet black giant freaking beaver pelts under each arm.

It was startling how thick and how black it was. I am still startled.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Lohaus (the 86-87 version)

Street was hitting those trailing 3s on the secondary break in 92-93

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Watched the replay this morning.

Cook is fucking motivated and possessed. He might have finally figured out that playing defense and winning is a lot more fun than not doing it. Connor is a damn good player and also a tough mother fucker.

They need to not get too big of a head and get up for sleepy games at Carver, but the effort is finally there for this team.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I attribute 99% of the change in mentality to Luka MotherFucking Garza.

He is a complete cocksucker and his attitude and effort is infectious.

He taught this team how to win and he taught this team how to love.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Watching Garza dig deep to muster energy to sprint back on defense only to move at half the speed as other players makes me laugh. Imagine how good he’d be if he possessed a little more athletic ability. Have to love a guy giving everything he has and finding ways to make up for physical limitations.
Iowa has done pretty well when they have a big guy playing above his pay grade.
I first read that as gay parade.
Well, we know what's on your mind.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

Garza looks like the villain in a John Hughes movie and it’s awesome.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Garza looks like the villain in a John Hughes movie and it’s awesome.
He looks like the Meth Damon version of Matt Dillon.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
I'm glad they've ditched the idea of having Cook bring the ball upcourt, but giving him the freedom to create off the dribble from about 18' in is working very well. There wasn't a lot of beef on the floor in either game, and it'll be interesting to see if it still works when the Hawks are playing conference teams.

Two of the most enjoyable games to watch in a long time.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
A big refrain we heard the past 5-7 years was how the Hawkeyes were pussies and soft.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
There were games last year where Luka looked like the only player who gave a fuck.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Connor's upper body seems strong - I think he'll help tremendously during conference play. We just didn't have that from any of our guards last season. Or for quite awhile actually.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I didn’t realize notice it until they started playing together but in addition to the obvious height and strength difference Connor appears to both laterally quicker and a better ball handler than Jordan

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Remember when Iowa looked pretty damn good against CO last December thanks in part to Connor’s presence? And then proceeded to look sucky and soft after he got hurt?

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

I fucking love Garza but he's not the main reason. College basketball is a guards game and when we had a weak midget running the offense that either didn't want to or wasn't capable of consistently getting the ball in the post it didn't matter.

Connor is the reason for the change. He is smart enough to know this team's strength and strong enough to initiate offense and get the bigs the ball.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

I fucking love Garza but he's not the main reason. College basketball is a guards game and when we had a weak midget running the offense that either didn't want to or wasn't capable of consistently getting the ball in the post it didn't matter.

Connor is the reason for the change. He is smart enough to know this team's strength and strong enough to initiate offense and get the bigs the ball.
Connor is likely the main reason, but it is a collective group of factors leading to this.

Having multiple ball handlers, new players that are smart and understand defense and positioning, cutting the roster down, Cook being highly motivated, etc....

So far they are at the point where they can have a couple of their starters have poor games and still beat good teams and even blow someone out.

Even from a week ago they feel different as far as their communication and playing together. Hopefully this is a turning point for them.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Remember when Iowa looked pretty damn good against CO last December thanks in part to Connor’s presence? And then proceeded to look sucky and soft after he got hurt?
Didn’t Connor barely play in that game and turn it over like 3 times before getting pulled?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Didn’t Connor barely play in that game and turn it over like 3 times before getting pulled?
3 turnovers yes but he was a leader against a tough and athletic team just like he was in NYC this week.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Correct. He was 1-1 from the floor with 3 turnovers and one assist in 12 minutes.

Colorado was the Maishe Dailey game.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score