**Western Carolina vs Iowa - 12/18/18 - 8:00 pm - BTN**

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
3 shitty non con games to go. Hawks favored by 24 but will probably win by a million. Lets have day lets go.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
11-2 going into the 18 remaining games is going to be nice.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Shit I just remembered I have four tickets I can’t use if anyone wants them.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I really really hope Iowa goes 10-10 in the league cuz Shawnee wants to see if they get in. So many are acting like it’s automatic, no brainer.

I don’t believe Iowa is getting the benefit of the doubt from any committee especially if they get their shit pushed in vs the top half of the league like they did in EL.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I really really hope Iowa goes 10-10 in the league cuz Shawnee wants to see if they get in. So many are acting like it’s automatic, no brainer.

I don’t believe Iowa is getting the benefit of the doubt from any committee especially if they get their shit pushed in vs the top half of the league like they did in EL.
You're a weird fan, Ace.

CUIHAWK

Loves the clock
Reaction score

You're a weird fan, Ace.
You also wear Nebrantska clothing.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
Panther and Catamount are different names for the same animal (as well as cougar, mountain lion, and puma). Catamount comes from "cat of the mountain (cat o' mount).

The UNI Panthers and the Western Carolina Catamounts are different names for the same purple team. I look forward to watching the junior high kids on the end of Iowa's bench launch threes for the last five minutes of the game.

Iowa 96
Pumas 69

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Cullowhee is pretty cool, and I have good memories of plugging the books at City Lights in Sylva. Western's English department is cool. But, their basketball team sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks. At least they are getting paid well for the trip.

11-9 Giant Douche. 8 seed.

Last edited:

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Panther and Catamount are different names for the same animal (as well as cougar, mountain lion, and puma). Catamount comes from "cat of the mountain (cat o' mount).

The UNI Panthers and the Western Carolina Catamounts are different names for the same purple team. I look forward to watching the junior high kids on the end of Iowa's bench launch threes for the last five minutes of the game.

Iowa 96
Pumas 69
Fwiw peace

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score

Iowa 96
Pumas 69
Fwiw peace
Gonna make the Catamounts our catamites.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

Iowa 96
Pumas 69
ecin
nice

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
If they do go 11-2 in the non-conference what will it take in the Big Ten? Does 10-10 get them a NCAA at large? Maybe not after what we saw happen to Nebrantska last year (fully realizing Iowa's conference schedule is more difficult than Nebrantska's last year).

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Even at 10-10 it’s gonna be hard for us to have any bad losses in conference, so I suspect it will be enough

Reaction score
If they do go 11-2 in the non-conference what will it take in the Big Ten? Does 10-10 get them a NCAA at large? Maybe not after what we saw happen to Nebrantska last year (fully realizing Iowa's conference schedule is more difficult than Nebrantska's last year).

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I think Savannah State is actually the worst team in the nation...so you think we lose tonight?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I would not have complained if this week's games were on the road. I'd enjoy a week in the Carolinas.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Duh, those damn early BT games. So 11-0..............11-9 should do it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’ve long supported buy games during this time of the year, but geez

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Jess Settles was doing his best to liven up that broadcast.

douglasbader

Reaction score
bohannon has had a terrible first part of the season. 33% from the floor and 32% from three.

That should mean he will catch fire the second half and even out. If he shoots even close to what he did last year Iowa will be hard to beat.

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
bohannon has had a terrible first part of the season. 33% from the floor and 32% from three.

That should mean he will catch fire the second half and even out. If he shoots even close to what he did last year Iowa will be hard to beat.
Yup. So far JBo been playing like a giant turd on fire.

Go hoks!

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

That’s not how this works.jpg

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ya know a real surprise has been Baer, who has gone back to the bench and been really solid in his original role, and hes taking/making 3s at a really good rate right now. He leads the team in steals & blocks too.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They need to be healthy and stay out of foul trouble, but the shortened rotation has been great for everyone.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Assuming he’s not hurt

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ya know a real surprise has been Baer, who has gone back to the bench and been really solid in his original role, and hes taking/making 3s at a really good rate right now. He leads the team in steals & blocks too.
Baer has had a great first part of the season. 45 percent from the floor, 39 percent from three.

That should mean he will shit himself and lay a turd the second half and even out. If he shoots even close to what he did last year Iowa will be easier to beat.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Baer has had a great first part of the season. 45 percent from the floor, 39 percent from three.

That should mean he will shit himself and lay a turd the second half and even out. If he shoots even close to what he did last year Iowa will be easier to beat.
Those numbers are on par with what he played like his first 2 years when his role and minutes were similar, so no.

Denied.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
Baer must have grown up in a house with short doorways.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Those numbers are on par with what he played like his first 2 years when his role and minutes were similar, so no.

Denied.
;)

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
We could use more Weiskamp/Baer minutes at the SF/PF. More shooting on the floor with Connor at PG and they're probably our best rebounders.

Kreiner couldn't even make it through last nights game without pissing Fran off.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Kreiner is exactly the type of guy that crotches a three pointer. He’s going to fire a layup off the bottom of the backboard before the season is over too.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kreiner is exactly the type of guy that crotches a three pointer. He’s going to fire a layup off the bottom of the backboard before the season is over too.
He got a few solid offers and Fran of course had to throw him an offer since he's an Iowa kid. He would never hear the end of it if Kriener was decent and he didn't offer so I can't fault Fran.

Except Kriener sucks. He should be playing at Drake. Hopefully with Pemsl and Nunge back next season Kriener is on the floor less.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I totally disagree - we would be in bad shape without Kreiner. Having a serviceable backup 5 will be huge when Big ten gets going. Garza can't play the whole game plus there is always foul trouble.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Lol at the Kriener hate. He’s not great, but he’s definitely serviceable. Better than a lot of other 2000s Hawkeye forwards and centers

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I don't hate Kriener, I just don't want to see him shoot jump shots anymore. He is very skilled in the post but always wants to drift outside.

I tend to think Nunge would be better right now, especially defensively, so that probably makes me dwell on the stupid shit Kriener does even more.