**Western Michigan vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/22/21 - 7:30 pm - BTN**

Reaction score
I'm not a rules expert, but it really feels like palming an opponent's face should be frowned upon.

Reaction score
It looks like Perkins is really starting to understand what his role is and where his scoring opportunities are in the halfcourt. He looked really uncomfortable the first couple of games, but now he seems a lot more confident.

He passed up a couple open threes in the second half that I'd like to see him launch. I get that he wanted to get his teammates involved, but the team needs him to consistently look to score, like Keegan and even Sandfort do.

He's always had kind of clunky footwork for a guard. At times it looks like he's not ready to rise and shoot when the opportunity is there. I'd love to see him get to a place where he has a better sense for what he wants to with the ball as soon as he gets it, instead of having to stop and hold the ball and think for a second, allowing the defense to adjust.

He also has really quick hands on defense. He's really shocked offensive players the past few games by poking the ball away really quickly.
Perkins burgeoning badassery was discussed at length in game chat but well said and

kenos

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Such a change from five or six years ago -- a team full of slashers and shooters that looks like it won't have any scoring droughts (although defense is a problem, especially on the interior).

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Fran has reached a freakish level of recruiting feel. The pieces are coming together in ways that they have not before. Finding guys who can handle, shoot and take care of the ball is difficult enough, but getting them under-the-radar (which virtually all of our players are at this point), is pretty incredible.

I'm excited, and I apologize for my cowardly tone earlier in the year. Also, I might want to make love to Tony Perkins.

J1973s

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It’s early on but I really like his release and his ability to get his feet set so quickly. With the 6’7” size I’m surprised no Kansas type offers. He had to shine in aau tournaments.

Squat Cobbler

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Fran has reached a freakish level of recruiting feel. The pieces are coming together in ways that they have not before. Finding guys who can handle, shoot and take care of the ball is difficult enough, but getting them under-the-radar (which virtually all of our players are at this point), is pretty incredible.

I'm excited, and I apologize for my cowardly tone earlier in the year. Also, I might want to make love to Tony Perkins.
This is true and it definitely doesn't hurt that the top five scorers are from Iowa.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Despite his 8 minutes, I’m a little concerned Ash didn’t get any first half minutes. That’s not a recipe for mass cock sucks.
I don’t want to ruin your optimism, but I think Doug was probably going to welch on his commitment anyway.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
After this game, Kris's per 40 stats are looking a lot like Keegan with less scoring and blocks. He has the second best offensive and defensive rating behind his brother. Kris looks like he'll rebound well and space the floor effectively. He's ready for more minutes.
Agreed. A few times he missed while close to the rim he kind of went away from the defender or tried to go under and around. He did it two times and then the third he just aggressively went at the hoop and scored. I hope that was kind of the light going on for him where he realizes he can score in the paint or get fouled. He and Keegan need to be starting together.

Rebecca hasn’t showed me much to be excited about when we get to giant douche season but seems fine as a bench contributor.

Squat Cobbler

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Agreed. A few times he missed while close to the rim he kind of went away from the defender or tried to go under and around. He did it two times and then the third he just aggressively went at the hoop and scored. I hope that was kind of the light going on for him where he realizes he can score in the paint or get fouled. He and Keegan need to be starting together.

Rebecca hasn’t showed me much to be excited about when we get to giant douche season but seems fine as a bench contributor.
I have no problem with Rebecca starting. He's going to rack up fouls when we start playing real competition so the minutes distribution to him will fix itself.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Biggest development of the last few games has been the improvements of Sandfort, Perkins, Ulis and Kris. Those guys all can play and will be big contributors this year.

I can see the move starting Kris. Maybe start all three of Kris, Keegan, Rebraca?

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Still don't think Toussaint can be the primary ball-handler on a tourney team. There's no bigger truism for b-ball then once a spaz always a spaz. He just doesn't know how to play any other way. He can be effective in spurts off the bench though. I think by the end of the year the best lineup is:

bohannon (back to PG)
Perkins
Sandfort
Murray
Murray

Reaction score
I don’t want to ruin your optimism, but I think Doug was probably going to welch on his commitment anyway.
Eh. Once conference play starts, Ash will be lucky if he see 4 minutes total between all conference games.

No, this is not me saying I will suck cock if I am wrong. I am just saying.

Reaction score
Still don't think Toussaint can be the primary ball-handler on a tourney team. There's no bigger truism for b-ball then once a spaz always a spaz. He just doesn't know how to play any other way. He can be effective in spurts off the bench though. I think by the end of the year the best lineup is:

bohannon (back to PG)
Perkins
Sandfort
Murray
Murray
I can see Kris for Pat or maybe Ulis for Toussaint, but that's about it.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score

bohannon (back to PG)
Perkins
Sandfort
Murray
Murray
Joe T 27 assists 5 TOs this year….what a spaz

6deuce

6douche
Reaction score

bohannon (back to PG)
Perkins
Sandfort
Murray
Murray
bohannon should never play PG again.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
bohannon at the 2 and Toussaint at the 1 is two midgets playing perimeter defense. Good luck with that combined with no rim-defender in conference play. I'm not really a Perkins lover -he plays a little too loose, but he's got the length and athleticism to be a great defender.

L. Wade Childress

The Spencer Petras of HALO
Reaction score
He was pretty much a lock from early on. Offers from Minnesota, Stanford, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Drake, Air Force and others.
he was an exceptional student. I know Stanford was under serious consideration, as was playing with Tucker.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Connor, yes. Patrick, no.
I'll prepare my anus, but I'm not all in on the Connor hate. He has his time and place. All of the superlatives attached to a "glue" guy apply to him. He does a lot of things very well. However, he should be kept in a locker when we are struggling to find people who can score.

That said, the three players on the team whose minutes need to increase are Tony Perkins, Kris Murray and Aaron Ulis. bohannon and Toussaint need to play less. If Patrick and Connor need to play less so be it, but no big wup.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the starting lineup. It’s Keegan, hopefully bohannon knocking down some 3s and Patrick dribbling into the lane wildly slamming one off the backboard from 10 feet.

The team and Rebraca don’t seem to know how to play together quite yet. The second unit comes in and they just play much more freely with Keegan.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the starting lineup. It’s Keegan, hopefully bohannon knocking down some 3s and Patrick dribbling into the lane wildly slamming one off the backboard from 10 feet.

The team and Rebraca don’t seem to know how to play together quite yet. The second unit comes in and they just play much more freely with Keegan.
Rebraca certainly has the look of a relief pitcher. I would much rather have him as Mulvey's backup in two or so years. That kid's going to be a dog.