Who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The fact that he’s basically said yes to everything Neil and Kirk have asked for - including the ridiculous Brian arrangement - is a large part of how we got here and an excellent reason to hate Garta, imo
why would an AD not support the hiring of the OC his head coach wants?

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
why would an AD not support the hiring of the OC his head coach wants?
Not an unfair point, really. No AD is going to tell a legacy coach no. Kirk never should’ve asked.

The idiotic contract is on Barta, but that’s about it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Not an unfair point, really. No AD is going to tell a legacy coach no. Kirk never should’ve asked.

The idiotic contract is on Barta, but that’s about it.
gary has given out a lot of supposedly idiotic contracts, none of which ended up being idiotic.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Having an unfireable employee, at any time, is idiotic. He has one of those.

Uli Kunkel

Fireworks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get why Garta would be hesitant at all to remove Brian as OC at the end of the season. Kirk has no leverage or goodwill at this point, who cares what he thinks. Yes he'll be upset at being publicly undermined by the move but what's he going to do, quit? Yes please

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Right. ADs force coordinator changes all the time and Garta has more leverage/authority to do it than most due to the solution to the nepotistic conundrum. He’s just a pussy. And for that, I hate him.
do you have any examples of a successful, forced, midseason OC change?

Uli Kunkel

Fireworks Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the longer-term, the accountability matters more than the immediate results.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
The only good thing about losing is seeing the ridiculous “open letter’ thing play out.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Ranking the hate:

1. Brian (needs fired)
2. Kurt (needs to retire, but should not be fired)
3. Garta (he allows this to happen, Barry Alvarez he is not). Plus, WTF with the contract extension, why? Totally unnecessary, and makes it impossible to put pressure on the Ferentz's now.
4. Peaches (he sucks, and should not play, but I would hate him more, but he is a result of the problem, not the source)

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
A good chunk of you wanted Kirk fired in 2014, which ended up being a horrible idea.

many of the same people are 100% convinced that Wisconsin did the right thing this year, with zero data to back it up.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
A good chunk of you wanted Kirk fired in 2014, which ended up being a horrible idea.

many of the same people are 100% convinced that Wisconsin did the right thing this year, with zero data to back it up.
What happened immediately after that season?

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

Why are you so dumb about this? Serious question….do you have any idea at all how stupid what you just said was?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Why are you so dumb about this? Serious question….do you have any idea at all how stupid what you just said was?
Yes he knows. You asking him that is equally as dumb.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
1. Change QB's - petras can't do it
2. Fire Brian- if no improvement
3. KF retires if he loses alot to transfer portal (lost team) or doesn't support/ have plan to utilize NIL/transfer portal (future of cfb)

newsbreaker

Reaction score
I do not understand this thinking.

Brian is only untouchable if you care what KF thinks about it.

Should Barta care about that at this point?
Yes, I think he does. Firing Brian is declaring war on the extremely popular, nationally respected, head coach he can’t fire.

Barta has no leverage, at all, because of that contract.

Reaction score
Reading this forum in some respects, is worse than watching the actual game. Man, it’s sad to see such a despondent group.

Uli Kunkel

Fireworks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it 6 more games of this, along with Ferentz's condescending and sarcastic remarks to questions, and I'm not sure how popular he's going to be here. Agree Garta can't and won't fire Kurt but he can absolutely remove Brian.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Yes, I think he does. Firing Brian is declaring war on the extremely popular, nationally respected, head coach he can’t fire.

Barta has no leverage, at all, because of that contract.
If Barta fired Brian, absolutely no person of relevance either national or local outside of the Ferentz family would criticize it.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
If Barta fired Brian, absolutely no person of relevance either national or local outside of the Ferentz family would criticize it.
And on top of that, if Kirk quits over it the problem will have resolved itself. Firing Brian is the biggest slam dunk he’ll ever have with literally no downside or risk.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
And on top of that, if Kirk quits over it the problem will have resolved itself. Firing Brian is the biggest slam dunk he’ll ever have with literally no downside or risk.
Well, the bigger concern, obviously, is “keep Brian, I’ll retire. Fire Brian I’m here for the duration.”

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't see Kirk using his presence as headcoach as a threat.

This is fanfiction at this point, but Barta could approach Kirk and tell him to relieve Brian of his playcalling duties or Brian will be fired. Kirk fires the OL coach, demotes Brian, and looks for a real OC.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
How is that a concern?
How is Kirk staying a concern? His last two OC hires have sucked. College football has completely changed in the last year, Kirk’s just fine with a laughingstock offense, and has no interest/ability to navigate the transfer portal and also has somehow convinced himself that Spencer Petras is the best chance at winning. That’s all pretty concerning. But I agree, I can imagine it, but don’t think Kirk would ever actually do something like this, was just offering as a counter to the attempts at leverage people are giving Barta.

My actual belief is that Kirk retires. I really hoped it would be in glory, but fear it’ll be because of bad seasons and just being sick of the bullshit. He could OL guru until he’s in the grave, or just enjoy relaxing.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t want Kirk gone.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I don't see Kirk turning this around again. The game is getting away from him and I think he's too old/stubborn to bring it back this time. Between the transfer portal and now the NIL, etc., I don't think he's creative or innovative enough to push the program forward any further. He's been great, but this does seem to be the end for the Ferentz era.