Wisconsin vs #5 Iowa • BTT Quarterfinal • 8:00 • BTN

Reaction score
March basketball when you team is good and playing is one of the greatest joys in life. Can't describe how happy I am to know that I can watch a high level Michigan vs. Ohio State game followed by Iowa vs. Illinois.

If Iowa wins this game and gets to play Ohio State or a weakened Michigan team for the chance at a #1 seed, whoo boy.

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Apparently Keegan is actually left handed.

There was an interview recently with Kenyon. He had laughed and said that they had worked on his right handed skills. Most defenders are used to a right handed player. So he had to do well enough to sell a right hand to take advantage of his left...or something to that effect.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
points and rebounds metrics are not exactly exotic. Not like we’re filtering on charges drawn or 13 lb cysts removed...
Arbitrary celebration of random combinations we see shared in certain sports all the time. Nobody has ever had ____ and _____ before. Could be a combo of a certain number of steals and a certain number of assists. A certain number of assists and a certain number of rebounds. The beauty of sports is you can often find a combo that has "never been done before." You see that all the time in sports like basketball and baseball.

Love Luka and he is the greatest Hawkeye hooper of all time -- not discounting anything he's done. I also find the random pairing of stats and "never been done before" amusing.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I didn’t realize the second game is so early tomorrow. I have a vaccine appointment scheduled in a town 80 minutes away at 1:30 tomorrow - fuck me. Going to end up missing the entire first half.
Do you have a radio, Dick? They come standard with most vehicles.

I realize I’m setting myself up for a Dolph pwn here, but am going with it anyway.

Reaction score
It's pretty great that even with all their experience, the Badgers couldn't do any better than .500 in the league.
Yeah. of their 8 guys to play tonight:

Starters:
D'mitrik Trice 5th Year Sr.
Brad Davison Sr.
Nate Reuvers Sr.
Aleem Ford Sr.
Tyler Wahl So.

Micah Potter 5th Year Sr.
Trevo Andersen 5th Year Sr.
Jonathan Davis Fr.

53 of 57 points were scored by seniors.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Only cuz I’m in Madison tonight and couldn’t be with y’all tonight but went in dry on all these fat ass ranch dressing chuggers.
36F54BA1-9C23-440E-9651-DF6938DD6FB3.jpeg

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
People mentioned bohannon trying on defense the last few weeks but I am also wondering if he is feeling healthier after the last two years as he is also attacking the hoop more than he has since getting hurt.
lol look at the fucking biomechanical scientist up in here.

I don’t know if that’s a word. And I completely agree

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Lost 2 units but would Lose millions to beat those faggots. What a shitty game but gutsy effort by Iowa. That’s the hardest I’ve seen them play especially in the 2H. I want Keegan’s kids and fucking call a moving screen on Potter my god.
ah yes, the old “I can’t lose” approach. Master arbitrageurs up in here.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If none of Wisconsin’s seniors take advantage of the free year they’re going to be really shitty next year.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
If none of Wisconsin’s seniors take advantage of the free year they’re going to be really shitty next year.
If I was on a shitty team as a senior, my first thought would be to come back to that shitty team.

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Besides Iowa winning last night, I am glad JBo called out the media after the game. Fran has been held to a different standard since he got to Iowa City. Has he had a few blow-ups? Of course, just like every other coach in college basketball. But, Fran is the only coach that is labeled a mad man.

Has he ever grabbed the other team's player though? Fuck no, but Prohm did that to his in-state rival's starting PG on the road. Prohm is a "good guy" and he was trying to stop anything from escalating! He's still considered by his beat writer's as calm and collected. Funny.

Howard got ejected yesterday during his game; but if you read the press clippings, he's not being called out this morning for that tirade. Weird.

I'll never understand the general animosity and contempt that the Iowa media has towards Iowa sports in general. It's probably due to the fact the collective whole of the Iowa media is lazy. It's a novel idea but if you guys didn't always try to rundown your ultimate employer, Fran would come on your radio show or do a 1 on 1 interview for your paper. A prime example was this week: Instead of writing about Iowa finishing 3rd in the I am a giant douche, or Luka Garza's career, or Iowa's AP ranking, our beat was trying to create unnecessary drama between the AD/Fran/The Marble family.

Last edited:

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Besides Iowa winning last night, I am glad JBo called out the media after the game. Fran has been held to a different standard since he got to Iowa City. Has he had a few blow-ups? Of course, just like every other coach in college basketball. But, Fran is the only coach that is labeled a mad man.

Has he ever grabbed the other team's player though? Fuck no, but Prohm did that to his in-state rival's starting PG on the road. Prohm is a "good guy" and he was trying to stop anything from escalating! He's still considered by his beat writer's as calm and collected. Funny.

Howard got ejected yesterday during his game; but if you read the press clippings, he's not being called out this morning for that tirade. Weird.

I'll never understand the general animosity and contempt that the Iowa media has towards Iowa sports in general. It's probably due to the fact the collective whole of the Iowa media is lazy. It's a novel idea but if you guys didn't always try to rundown your ultimate employer, Fran would come on your radio show or do a 1 on 1 interview for your paper. A prime example was this week: Instead of writing about Iowa finishing 3rd in the I am a giant douche, or Luka Garza's career, or Iowa's AP ranking, our beat was trying to create unnecessary drama between the AD/Fran/The Marble family.
Then seem bewildered as to why the Iowa AD wants nothing to do with them

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Putting this here to turn the board’s opinion of Rob Sand

I’m supporting your effort.