**Wisconsin vs. Iowa - 11/30/18 - 7:00 pm - BTN**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I really wish plays like the 3rd one were just no calls and play on.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Bring the game they brought to UConn and it's all good.

Wish Fran had a Jaacks to sick on Davison....

Last edited:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
A match up of ranked squads on a Friday night should make for a great crowd at Carver. May the crowd be noisy and the twist cones be plentiful.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Wisconsin always has 3-4 guys that look like they’re straight from the trailer park.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Gonna be knee deep at the Vine before the game, boyz, and then Iowa is going in dry.

Eat shit, Badgers.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Third one should be a no-call or foul on Davison. Two of the other ones, he beat the guy to the spot and absorbed the contact from the ballhandler who decided to continue to try and go through him. The dude clearly extends his off arm to push off on the remaining play on the inside. I hate Wisconsin as much as the next guy and this Davison is clearly a bitch but I don’t have a problem with 3 of those 4 calls.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Third one should be a no-call or foul on Davison. Two of the other ones, he beat the guy to the spot and absorbed the contact from the ballhandler who decided to continue to try and go through him. The dude clearly extends his off arm to push off on the remaining play on the inside. I hate Wisconsin as much as the next guy and this Davison is clearly a bitch but I don’t have a problem with 3 of those 4 calls.
Fuck you

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
There is only 1 current player on the Iowa roster that has lost to Wisconsin.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
That's one thing I always respected about Doug. Whenever he drew a charge at the Fieldhouse, he would always get up brush himself off and promply inbound the ball

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Fuck!!!!!!!! I hate Wisconsin, but I really hate Wisconsin basketball. That shit is egregious.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
If Iowa wins, I'll be happy.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score

The worst of CBB.
The worst is the last one where he's all pumped up like he just made some huge play.

@FrodoTBaggin , opinions on a player celebrating drawing a charge?
He effectively ended the game with that play, ya dipshit. He forced a turnover with :18 left and NC State having a chance to tie. Drawing a charge is an art and should be celebrated, lest every vestige of defense goes by the wayside.

The anti-charge crowd in b-ball is kinda like the "don't run to the short side of the field!" crowd in football. Just dumb.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

The worst of CBB.
The worst is the last one where he's all pumped up like he just made some huge play.

@FrodoTBaggin , opinions on a player celebrating drawing a charge?
He effectively ended the game with that play, ya dipshit. He forced a turnover with :18 left and NC State having a chance to tie. Drawing a charge is an art and should be celebrated, lest every vestige of defense goes by the wayside.

The anti-charge crowd in b-ball is kinda like the "don't run to the short side of the field!" crowd in football. Just dumb.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Defender launches himself sideways (with his feet still moving) into a dribbling offensive player and then throws himself backwards three feet like he just got hit with a wrecking ball.

You, a basketball intellectual: Well, ACTUALLY, this is an art form that should be celebrated.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
I really wish plays like the 3rd one were just no calls and play on.
Yep. Contact but no reason to fall down.

And #4 was just a bullshit flop. The first two seemed more legit, obviously the one with the arm extension.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Defender launches himself sideways (with his feet still moving) into a dribbling offensive player and then throws himself backwards three feet like he just got hit with a wrecking ball.

You, a basketball intellectual: Well, ACTUALLY, this is an art form that should be celebrated.
The “charge” defending god knows what (the pack line?) is the worst. He clearly wasn’t set, and fell in the direction his own momentum took him with minimal contact. He had no chance of making any real play.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Charge calls are 75% about who the better actor is.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score

The “charge” defending god knows what (the pack line?) is the worst. He clearly wasn’t set, and fell in the direction his own momentum took him with minimal contact. He had no chance of making any real play.
Point of order: the defender doesn't have to be "set." He has to establish a legal guarding position and not be moving towards the defender. He can still move sideways or even back, but he's not required to be "set," and that's been a frequently misinterpreted part of the rules seemingly forever.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Point of order: the defender doesn't have to be "set." He has to establish a legal guarding position and not be moving towards the defender. He can still move sideways or even back, but he's not required to be "set," and that's been a frequently misinterpreted part of the rules seemingly forever.
Correct, sorry.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I see Wisconsin flopping and all I can think is ‘I hope it’s not Bo on Friday’.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

I remember looking up the NBA rules at one point. There are like 8 things to keep in mind at all times. There's no fucking way it isn't just a guess a huge percentage of the time.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I remember this game last year when Iowa won. Wisconsin doesn't have a jitterbug PG so this game doesn't really scare me. Garza outplayed Happ last year.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Fuck. Wisconsin.

Long. Hard. And dry.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score

I didn't see the other ones, but that last one, with the guy lowering his head, was absolutely a charge. Not surprising you don't understand the rules......looks like they were pointed out to you in another post.

I can just imagine you in your church league: "his feet were moving!!"