**Wisconsin vs. Iowa - 11/30/18 - 7:00 pm - BTN**

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I don’t remember Moss doing anything this game where I think he should be benched. He plays like 6 minutes a half and moving all the second tier players to the bench means you’re going to get 5 minutes in the first half with all of them on the floor together.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm not actually discouraged by this game. Iowa will struggle against teams that don't make a lot of mistakes, but they are a lot tougher than they have been and the defense was mostly good.

They had a bad shooting night. I could see them going into Michigan State and giving them a tough game or winning.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don’t remember Moss doing anything this game where I think he should be benched. He plays like 6 minutes a half and moving all the second tier players to the bench means you’re going to get 5 minutes in the first half with all of them on the floor together.
I thought he was fine. He's never going to be more than an occasional good game, but he didn't do anything egregious tonight.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It really was, and you could see it coming the way Kreiner was moving around. He was out of sorts and one of the 10 coaches that sit on the bench need to recognize it. He also was chucking every shot he could and missing wildly.

I don't know why they can't identify games when players don't have it and adjust better.
He wasn’t exactly in there a long time
Long enough to turn the ball over twice in a row (almost 3 times) and be a complete dumbfuck.
I know. Going back to the post above, I understand that Fran wants his guys to be confident. But sometimes you have to rein people in for the better of the group.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I thought he was fine. He's never going to be more than an occasional good game, but he didn't do anything egregious tonight.
He had maybe one of his trademark bonehead turnovers but otherwise just didnt hit much from the field. Kriener fucked everything up when he came in. Some nights you can get past that but not on nights when the team is cold from 3

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kriener is always teetering on the line between aggressive and anxious, but tonight he just had the look of a guy about to fuck up.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Basically what this game came down to was Iowa played Wisconsin while Trice was in the midst of shooting 60% from 3 and bohannon is shooting about 25% from the field.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
It was nice to see them compete the whole game. The last 5 minutes of defense were pretty bad. Not sure why they were helping and doubling in situations where they didn’t need to and there was no help to rotate to the wide open guy.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Good times meeting @TH1974 tonight. Did not expect him to be jacked.

Reaction score
That Kreiner fuck up was 100% on Fran and his stupid substitutions. Konrad Wilke level.
It really was, and you could see it coming the way Kreiner was moving around. He was out of sorts and one of the 10 coaches that sit on the bench need to recognize it. He also was chucking every shot he could and missing wildly.

I don't know why they can't identify games when players don't have it and adjust better.
It could have been the worst substitution call by Fran all year. Although, Monday may say, hold my beer.
Holy shit you guys are really exaggerating that. Garza was gassed and he took him out under 13 minutes to combine it with the under 12 timeout. Kriener's first possession he drew a foul and went 1-2. Then he had the turnover they didn't score off of, then Baer hit a 3. Then he walked. He was in a total of 2 minutes. The lead went from up 8 to up 5 when he came out and Luka went back in.

Reaction score
That was just a make or miss game. Some frustrating defensive mistakes late but overall the defense was solid. 1st half the offense was stagnant quite a bit but then we had a lot better rhythm 2nd half. Were better on the glass, took care of the ball pretty well and got a lot of good looks. Just didn't hit shit.

Cook was a fucking man at times. Dailey played awesome defense especially when he was in during the 2nd half. Connor hit a couple of big shots in the 1st half when we had nothing going but I think he's been a little too passive this week. Jordan is frustrated as hell but he'll start hitting.

Fran said they were supposed to foul down the stretch if Happ had any looks but I think Garza got wacked out knowing he had 4.

Reaction score
He had maybe one of his trademark bonehead turnovers but otherwise just didnt hit much from the field. Kriener fucked everything up when he came in. Some nights you can get past that but not on nights when the team is cold from 3
Again we went from up 8 to up 5 in the two minutes Kriener was in. He was bad for sure but the impact on the game is severely overstated in here.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Again we went from up 8 to up 5 in the two minutes Kriener was in. He was bad for sure but the impact on the game is severely overstated in here.
Are you new to DougPom.com?

Reaction score
bohannon missing that open 6 footer with 5 minutes left was huge. Happ ended up sinking back to Cook and he rushed it. Got caught between using glass or not. Would have tied it. Then Cook misplayed that ball screen, Happ gets a dunk and they're up 4. Baer has an And 1 roll out, hits a FT but get the board and bohannon missed a 3 all alone that would've tied it again.

Once Joe got the block followed by the 3 point play I thought we were gonna pull it out. Got a steal but bohannon missed a good look from 3 again. Another stop but then Joe had that tough angle floater roll out and then the bad double that gave Pritzl his open 3. Again, Garza missed a wide open 3 that would've put us back up. Fuck.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Connor tweeted at Nate Reuvers of Wisconsin who is, in fact, straight garbage.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
It was certainly frustrating watching the Hawks get Wisconsin in early foul trouble and then not take advantage of it by feeding the post and driving more so they could live at the line. They were averaging 35 free throws and only took 19 tonight.

Bob

Reaction score
I really don't like bohannon.
He's too good a shooter not to come around eventually but it's been pretty rough so far. If he starts hitting threes like he can the offense is gonna be really great though with the way Cook and Garza have played

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
What an awful thing to witness. Hawks just couldn't shoot the damn ball. Losing a game like that makes a long drive home...longer.

I'm a charter member of the I FUCKING HATE WISCONSIN club.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Man that sucked. We struggled.

Carver is disappointing. You can get a 20 minute I O W A chant going in Kinnick, but fans in Carver don't give a fuck

It got really fucking loud with 45 seconds to go and the game out of hand, before that, don't expect anybody to get up and cheer. Wrestling is so much better.

Reaction score
There is nothing worse than Wisconsin basketball
Absolutely nothing. Fuck that godawful program. Fuck Barry Alvarez. Fuck Andy North. Fuck whoever the fuck Reuvers is. Basically fuck everyfuckingone up there except Deano.

And I wasn't concerned about Jordan at the beginning of the season, since he wasn't able to practice between the injury and first game, but now I'm wondering how much he's been able to do in practice (if anything) since then. He's just not found a rhythm at all.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Yeah. I thought the crowd was great on TV.

Too bad Garza pussed out on fouling because he had 4 fouls. That was selfish.

bohannon's shot looks like shit and now that he's realized that he's never going to play in the NBA or anything close to it, I wonder how committed he'll be.

Iowa had to find a way to lose that one and they did it.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

bohannon's shot looks like shit and now that he's realized that he's never going to play in the NBA or anything close to it, I wonder how committed he'll be.

wat

CamelTones

Reaction score
I fucking hate Wisconsin.

It blows my mind how fundamentally sound they are. They make so many little plays that don’t seem like much that add up over the course of the game. Iverson saving a ball from going out, not having anyone to pass to and having the wherewithal to throw it to the other end allowing them to reset their defense instead of forcing a pass and playing 4 on 5.

And I’ll reiterate they ALWAYS hit the shot at the end. bohannon did 2 years ago up there but that has been the biggest difference in this series. Iowa has 2 wide open looks from 3 and missed with the game close. They got one and it was all net.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

wat
I'm sure he had visions of being the one bohannon to make it. Now, he realizes that he isn't very good at basketball and it's probably just more fun to work on his hair and go to the bars.

Enjoying the local celebrity is probably more rewarding to his Penus than working on his shot.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
That was just a make or miss game. Some frustrating defensive mistakes late but overall the defense was solid. 1st half the offense was stagnant quite a bit but then we had a lot better rhythm 2nd half. Were better on the glass, took care of the ball pretty well and got a lot of good looks. Just didn't hit shit.

Cook was a fucking man at times. Dailey played awesome defense especially when he was in during the 2nd half. Connor hit a couple of big shots in the 1st half when we had nothing going but I think he's been a little too passive this week. Jordan is frustrated as hell but he'll start hitting.

Fran said they were supposed to foul down the stretch if Happ had any looks but I think Garza got wacked out knowing he had 4.
He really was. That young man needs to develop a eurostep, though. He'd be unbelievably effective.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score

He really was. That young man needs to develop a eurostep, though. He'd be unbelievably effective.
And/or any semblance of a jump shot.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Cook dribbling the ball anywhere more than 10 feet from the basket scares the crap out of me.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
He desperately wants to go coast to coast with it whenever he gets a defensive rebound.

I think that sees he himself as a Draymond Green sort of guy. He is far closer to an athletic version of Cordell Pemsl.

Reaction score

Carver is disappointing. You can get a 20 minute I O W A chant going in Kinnick, but fans in Carver don't give a fuck

It got really fucking loud with 45 seconds to go and the game out of hand, before that, don't expect anybody to get up and cheer. Wrestling is so much better.
Are you drunk? We were down to 2 with 45 seconds left. The crowd was very good and got loud with almost everyone up several times

Reaction score

Are you drunk? We were down to 2 with 45 seconds left. The crowd was very good and got loud with almost everyone up several times
I thought the crowd was good too. My only gripe is the student section, other than the 1st couple of rows, really don't get into the game much and they are very unorganized. Soda is a pussy and was likely giving a handy to the dudes in red.

Reaction score

I thought the crowd was good too. My only gripe is the student section, other than the 1st couple of rows, really don't get into the game much and they are very unorganized. Soda is a pussy and was likely giving a handy to the dudes in red.
Yeah they weren't very good. Step one is showing up I guess which is a big improvement. I think the last time they were actually a good student section was 2006.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score

Fuck you.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Hogue

I had never heard of the guy. I'm 30 and his time at Iowa totally pre-dates me.
Bob Hogue was awesome. When I think of Iowa basketball in the early 80's it was watching Iowa Basketball every Thursday night and Saturday afternoon (later Wednesdays and Saturdays) with Bob Hogue, Sharm Sherman, Old Milwaukee and Lasso commercials.

Good memories.