**Wisconsin vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/27/20 - 7:30pm - BTN**

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Lol I swear to God the guy directly behind me was planted there by Halo. From the very beginning he was everything I despise in a fan. If the Hawks shot quickly it was RUN THE OFFENSE!!! If they got to the end of the shot clock and missed QUIT PASSING UP GOOD SHOTS!!! Every missed Iowa shot was OMG THAT WAS A FOUL!!! CMON REF!!! Every foul call against Iowa THAT WASN'T A FOUL!!! And the dude HATED Connor McCaffrey for some reason. I bet he said CMON FRAN, GET CONNOR OUT OF THERE!!! at least 4 times. He was a little old feller with sort of a whiney woman voice too. About 10 minutes in Mrs. Hamo and I were stifling laughter as it was so perfect it seemed like a set up.

Thanks Glen! 😉

Reaction score
Fuck the refs for calling garza for a tech there at the end. If he said something then call it at the time, but to review him jumping up and taking a step toward the bench is bull fucking shit.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
My aunt called and left me a voicemail. She said she doesn’t understand why I’m so angry and left such hateful texts and voicemails to my cousins. She will pray for me and hopes I find peace.

I‘m not drunk enough....yet, to leave her a voicemail about how I feel about her children
:roll::roll::roll::roll:

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Lol I swear to God the guy directly behind me was planted there by Halo. From the very beginning he was everything I despise in a fan. If the Hawks shot quickly it was RUN THE OFFENSE!!! If they got to the end of the shot clock and missed QUIT PASSING UP GOOD SHOTS!!! Every missed Iowa shot was OMG THAT WAS A FOUL!!! CMON REF!!! Every foul call against Iowa THAT WASN'T A FOUL!!! And the dude HATED Connor McCaffrey for some reason. I bet he said CMON FRAN, GET CONNOR OUT OF THERE!!! at least 4 times. He was a little old feller with sort of a whiney woman voice too. About 10 minutes in Mrs. Hamo and I were stifling laughter as it was so perfect it seemed like a set up.

Thanks Glen! 😉
They are all over carver. Sat in front of one eerily similar to what you described last week.

Iowa basketball fans are fucking regarded. At least at wrestling meets all they have to yell is “Stalling” or “Twooooooooooo”

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I didn't really notice this until now, but why in the hell was Wisconsin wearing white on the road and Iowa was in black at home? I looked back through the last few years and Wisconsin is always in red on the road and Iowa in white/gold at home. I don't think I have ever seen Iowa wear black at home.

Monster

Reaction score
I didn't really notice this until now, but why in the hell was Wisconsin wearing white on the road and Iowa was in black at home? I looked back through the last few years and Wisconsin is always in red on the road and Iowa in white/gold at home. I don't think I have ever seen Iowa wear black at home.
Wasn't it supposed to be a black out?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Wasn't it supposed to be a black out?
I guess that has to be the reason as I see it mentioned in the game notes. Weird, maybe they have done it before but never remember them wearing black at home before.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Had a text this morning from my mom who watched the game with dad. “He said swear words I didn’t know he even knew”. Also said she got a call from her sister after and knew why and let it go to voicemail on purpose.

My text: “Sorry mom”

not sorry

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Had a text this morning from my mom who watched the game with dad. “He said swear words I didn’t know he even knew”. Also said she got a call from her sister after and knew why and let it go to voicemail on purpose.

My text: “Sorry mom”

not sorry
Here at HaLo, we are very proud of you and happy for you James.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Fuck the refs for calling garza for a tech there at the end. If he said something then call it at the time, but to review him jumping up and taking a step toward the bench is bull fucking shit.
They did call it right away. I'm guessing the review was to see what happened on the rebound right before that.

Monster

Reaction score
I guess that has to be the reason as I see it mentioned in the game notes. Weird, maybe they have done it before but never remember them wearing black at home before.
White out on Saturday. I'll be there for that game, too. I don't own anything white.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
33 minutes of relative dogshit. 7 minutes of possibly the greatest basketball of the season. It was nice to see another team go into an offensive shell at the end trying to run out the clock, only to piss down their leg.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They've done it once a year for the last 5ish years. Woodburys senior year against Florida State for example:

Marbles Senior Year

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The rule on that flagrant review is odd. If they call it live, the whistle is blown before Wieskamp's bucket and we get 2 shots and the ball while up 1. Since they didn't see it until the review after his bucket, we get the 2 shots and the ball while up 3. I was fine with it last night, but that's not a good rule.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think after watching the highlights again this morning, the game was fucked due to Garza's foul 28 seconds into the game. Fran seemed to freak out a bit and changed his substitutions bringing multiple guys in way earlier than usual and essentially trying to hide Garza for extra minutes in the first half.

Iowa never got into any sort of a flow because of it.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I think after watching the highlights again this morning, the game was fucked due to Garza's foul 28 seconds into the game. Fran seemed to freak out a bit and changed his substitutions bringing multiple guys in way earlier than usual and essentially trying to hide Garza for extra minutes in the first half.

Iowa never got into any sort of a flow because of it.
They were pushed around a little bit, and didn’t respond to it well. They also just missed some good looks.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I think the only thing that can really derail this team is injuries and or fatigue. I know frian is probably smart enough to pull back the pedal a little bit in practice. I also thought he let Tousaint sit for way too long in the second half. Evelyn was giving them nothing

Last edited:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I was so pumped when I thought the flagrant foul call was over the top. Now that we’ve seen the video and people are calling for Davison’s suspension for a history of dirty plays....I’m downright horny.

This is about the sassiest team I can ever remember us having. We have, at minimum, five guys (Garza, McCaffery, Fredrick, Toussaint and Kriener) who love to talk shit to the other team for any reason. And I fucking love it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Garza - missed a lot of shots he usually makes, but was a workhorse as usual.
Fredrick - Not a spectacular game, but really good and hit big shots
Toussaint - had a few mistakes, but aggressive and played great defense
Wieskamp - struggled on offense all night, but continues to be aggressive and had 10 rebounds
Connor - atrocious on offense

Kreiner, Bakari, Pemsl - all of them were fucking worthless

douglasbader

Reaction score
I was so pumped when I thought the flagrant foul call was over the top. Now I’m fucking horny that it was actually a dirty cheap shot.

This is about the sassiest team I can ever remember us having. We have, at minimum, five guys (Garza, McCaffery, Fredrick, Toussaint and Kriener) who love to talk shit to the other team for any reason. And I fucking love it.
Stop it.

Monster

Reaction score
I was so pumped when I thought the flagrant foul call was over the top. Now I’m fucking horny that it was actually a dirty cheap shot.

I mostly like the fact that Iowa has guys who can back up the shit talk. I'm not a fan of that stuff usually, but if it's warranted, and can be backed up, then fine. Iowa has a few guys who I think could mix it up if needed.

Davison is just one of those guys who would truly benefit from an asskicking.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
I marvel at how this team can get through adversity. Down double digits with 13 minutes left I thought all hope was lost, but this team made me look like a fool.

A CJ clutch 3. Joe T putting the team on his back and willing in a couple of tough drives and then completing the and 1s. Lil Weezy waking up from his slumber to make a great drive and finish. Conner taking one for the team. Garza being Garza and making some clutch FTs. Even the crowd got involved to help force a Wisconsin turnover on the press. It all really is amazing. This team just has “it”.

As an aside Wisconsin basketball makes my eyes bleed. They are like Syracuse basketball on steroids.

p.s. Davison is a punk bitch and needs to have his career ended by a horrifically gruesome injury.