**Wisconsin vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/27/20 - 7:30pm - BTN**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Straight up their pooper. Like a slave escaping to the north.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
But with football...it’s different.
Rock hard isn't horny or sassy. I'm shocked you don't know the difference.

Be a fucking man you little shit and stop using stuff that sounds like fans of Ariana Grande typed it.

Revolver

Reaction score
Rock hard isn't horny or sassy. I'm shocked you don't know the difference.

Be a fucking man you little shit and stop using stuff that sounds like fans of Ariana Grande typed it.
It is to me. Quit being that guy.

douglasbader

Reaction score
"Will ruin your thread"

Yep. Still checks out.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The horny was fine, but the sassy was gayer than AIDS.
No shit. Sassy gives the visual of flamboyant Garza and Toussaint out there with pink boa's flipping their wrist and sticking their ass out while talking like they are on Real Housewives.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Laughing at the media coverage of Davidson's flagrant foul at the end of the game. None of the stories/Tweets etc. I've seen actually come out say where Davidson hit Conner. They dance all around it with cute language and non-description descriptions like....an area best not described in a family newspaper, or an area where a man doesn't want to be hit. Why is it so hard to say he was hit in the genitals? That's not crude language or offensive...not like saying Davidson punched him in the dick or something.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Winning 5 straight Big Ten games is really hard no matter the year. The fact that Fran has done it 4 times is actually impressive.
Totally agree. I read that stat last night and was surprised he'd done it that often.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Salty. Salty is the adjective @Revolver was going for.
Of course, but that wouldn't have been millennial enough.

I'm shocked he didn't say something at the end like "Damn these Hawks slap" or "2020 Hawkeyes totally rip".

Revolver

Reaction score
Common complaint: I’ll never understand the people who leave at the under 4 timeout of a contested game. I just don’t get the draw of missing the most important part of the game to get home 15-20 minutes earlier.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Also, the refs probably weren't going to catch that if Connor hadn't brought it to anyone's attention. I'm glad he didn't react by punching him in the fucking face and get an offsetting tech.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Common complaint: I’ll never understand the people who leave at the under 4 timeout of a contested game. I just don’t get the draw of missing the most important part of the game to get home 15-20 minutes earlier.
They weren't leaving, they are walking up 30 rows to stand at the top.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Can someone clarify why the basket counted? How did they decide how to apply the foul?

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
It really felt like, to me anyways, that Wisconsin played their best game, at their shitty ball deflating pace and we played like shit and still beat them at their own game. Plus our boys genuinely dislike those dorks. Good stuff.

Revolver

Reaction score
It really felt like, to me anyways, that Wisconsin played their best game, at their shitty ball deflating pace and we played like shit and still beat them at their own game. Plus our boys genuinely dislike those dorks. Good stuff.
The first half was as bored as I can remember being recently watching a basketball game. Their style of play is an affront to the game itself. It sucks.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Can someone clarify why the basket counted? How did they decide how to apply the foul?
Basket counted because the foul wasn't whistled live. They assessed it on a dead ball after video review. It's kind of a weird rule, but that's how it works. But it would be more weird to rewind the clock and undo everything that had happened after a review. What if the dead ball hadn't come until Wisconsin had a possession and both teams had scored? Do you add 50 seconds back to the clock and take both baskets back?

Last edited:

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Feel free to wear whatever you want to Carver on Saturday. There won't be anyone there to judge you.
Well, maybe only Aaron White, after he gets locked in the gym.

Last edited:

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Wisconsin just didn't quite have enough sass to keep up.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Also, the refs probably weren't going to catch that if Connor hadn't brought it to anyone's attention. I'm glad he didn't react by punching him in the fucking face and get an offsetting tech.
On the other hand, that would have been pretty cool.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Basket counted because the foul wasn't whistled live. They assessed it on a dead ball after video review. It's kind of a weird rule, but that's how it works. But it would be more weird to rewind the clock and undo everything that had happened after a review. What if the dead ball hadn't come until Wisconsin had a possession and both teams had scored? Do you add 50 seconds back to the clock and take both baskets back?
That makes sense. Also my man Frodo is right: play stupid games win stupid prizes.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think the word sassy has anything to do with being a millennial.

The usage of the word sassy should be limited to the description of a misbehaving 3 year old girl or a 37 year old drag queen named Vivian.

That’s it. That’s the list.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I was so pumped when I thought the flagrant foul call was over the top. Now that we’ve seen the video and people are calling for Davison’s suspension for a history of dirty plays....I’m downright horny.

This is about the sassiest team I can ever remember us having. We have, at minimum, five guys (Garza, McCaffery, Fredrick, Toussaint and Kriener) who love to talk shit to the other team for any reason. And I fucking love it.
I read this with a lisp.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Of course, but that wouldn't have been millennial enough.

I'm shocked he didn't say something at the end like "Damn these Hawks slap" or "2020 Hawkeyes totally rip".
This years team just “hits different.”