**Wisconsin vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/27/20 - 7:30pm - BTN**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Iowa did a good.job of double teaming early inside after Garza got the early foul. Still can't believe they didn't force it inside more on Garza early.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Iowa did a good.job of double teaming early inside after Garza got the early foul. Still can't believe they didn't force it inside more on Garza early.
They didn’t really attack the rim when they got it in, either. A lot of mid range jumpers.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I just think we are accustomed to seeing Garza get everything to drop near the basket. Yesterday he had more than a couple dance around the rim and out. Still won.
He didn’t have many clean looks. They did a good job of limiting him. Had we not shot like shit from deep, we’d have forced them to play a style they’re not comfortable with and run them out of the gym. Either way, we didn’t play well at all and won a conference game. Pretty PRETTAY good.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I thought Wisconsin defended him as well as they could. They are obviously a pretty disciplined and smart team and even though the crowd was screaming for fouls, they weren't fouling him.
Didn’t three WI big men end up with 4plus fouls? Maybe it was just two. They were hacking him, but only a couple no calls.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He didn’t have many clean looks. They did a good job of limiting him. Had we not shot like shit from deep, we’d have forced them to play a style they’re not comfortable with and run them out of the gym. Either way, we didn’t play well at all and won a conference game. Pretty PRETTAY good.
It's basically the same thing most teams have done, Iowa just didn't shoot well. Michigan is the only team that hasn't sent the automatic double every time and Garza scored 77 points on them.

Most of the time when Garza gets a 1 on 1 look it's in transition which Wisconsin was hell bent on not letting happen. Iowa also did a terrible job early of moving the ball/defense. It was like they thought they needed to pick up the pace and were taking some ill advised shots. Wieskamps shot to start the second half for example. Even Evelyn and Connor took a couple of 3's that you rarely see them take.

Reaction score
“He grabbed me right in the — where you don’t want to be grabbed in,” McCaffery said about Davison. “He does that. He’s marked for doing that. He’s the type of player, unfortunately, who feels the need to do that stuff. Tonight he cost them the game.”
“He doesn’t need to do stuff like that,” Connor McCaffery said. “He’s a good player without doing that. But then when you add that in, you just lose a lot of respect for him. It’s unfortunate they feel the need to do stuff like that. But if he’s going to, we’ll take two shots and the ball. He cost his team the game.

“If he’s going to do stuff like that, we’ll take it and we’ll take the W, too.”

Reaction score
I thought Wisconsin defended him as well as they could. They are obviously a pretty disciplined and smart team and even though the crowd was screaming for fouls, they weren't fouling him.
There were a couple midway through the 2nd half I think they should've gotten. Reuvers was staying straight up with his arms but throwing his hips and torso into him as Luka was rising up.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
There were a couple midway through the 2nd half I think they should've gotten. Reuvers was staying straight up with his arms but throwing his hips and torso into him as Luka was rising up.
They are the “best” at that. I hate watching it, but it is effective.

Reaction score
If you have a recording or pull up the online copy, check out the sequence before CJ's final free throws. Camera shows Fran saying "Don't foul and don't say shit. Don't say anything."

The guards are looking at him. CJ then says something to Joe T. and Connor that makes Toussaint laugh and both of them tell him no, no, no.

Kriener was telling him to shut up going to the handshake line too.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
If you have a recording or pull up the online copy, check out the sequence before CJ's final free throws. Camera shows Fran saying "Don't foul and don't say shit. Don't say anything."

The guards are looking at him. CJ then says something to Joe T. and Connor that makes Toussaint laugh and both of them tell him no, no, no.

I'm guessing he said I'll just wave bye bye to them then.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score

Lol. Just checked it (love YouTube tv). That little scrub guard said something to CJ and got all close to him and up in his face right before that.

Reaction score
Laughing at the media coverage of Davidson's flagrant foul at the end of the game. None of the stories/Tweets etc. I've seen actually come out say where Davidson hit Conner. They dance all around it with cute language and non-description descriptions like....an area best not described in a family newspaper, or an area where a man doesn't want to be hit. Why is it so hard to say he was hit in the genitals? That's not crude language or offensive...not like saying Davidson punched him in the dick or something.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score

Probably already posted, but was that right before he told the Wisconsin players to "get the fuck off my court?"

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
I mostly like the fact that Iowa has guys who can back up the shit talk. I'm not a fan of that stuff usually, but if it's warranted, and can be backed up, then fine. Iowa has a few guys who I think could mix it up if needed.

Davison is just one of those guys who would truly benefit from an asskicking.
Like Steve in Stranger Things? I don't think Davison would respond as positively

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
He needs a college basketball ban. If the NCAA isn’t going to do anything, I hope the giant douche will. I’m sure Fran/Margaret are going after him since he assaulted their son

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
when Luca got that t, I was worried Wisconsin was going to make two free throws then get the ball back with 2.5 seconds left and a chance to hit a 3 for the tie
Me too. A big sigh of relief when Iowa got the ball.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
He needs a college basketball ban. If the NCAA isn’t going to do anything, I hope the giant douche will. I’m sure Fran/Margaret are going after him since he assaulted their son
They probably want grandchildren.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Do they play Maryland again? I'm sure one of those guys is dyin to lay him out

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
As they used to say: “even his muscles have muscles”.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Oh shucks
I am would love to write them off from the NCAA Tournament, but they have a viable road to get there.

12-9 overall and 5-5 in the Big Ten. I think they have to get to 17 wins, so 5 more in conference. They still have a game against Northwestern and Nebrantska. They get Purdue and Minnesota at home. If they can win one more game they possibly get in with the number of Quad 1 wins they have.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Gard's seat has to be getting warm though if he misses the NCAA Tournament. That would be 2 out of 3 years he missed it and his recruiting has been shit compared to Bo Ryan. Missing out on Tyler Herro was bad, missing out on the Hauser brothers twice and now his 2nd leading scorer walks on him in the middle of the season.

I wouldn't be shocked if they fired him if they miss the tournament. I don't think Barry wants to watch the program go into the shitter and easier to fix it now than 2 years from now.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Gard's seat has to be getting warm though if he misses the NCAA Tournament. That would be 2 out of 3 years he missed it and his recruiting has been shit compared to Bo Ryan. Missing out on Tyler Herro was bad, missing out on the Hauser brothers twice and now his 2nd leading scorer walks on him in the middle of the season.

I wouldn't be shocked if they fired him if they miss the tournament. I don't think Barry wants to watch the program go into the shitter and easier to fix it now than 2 years from now.
Plus you would think he wants his own guy and was forced to keep Gard.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Plus you would think he wants his own guy and was forced to keep Gard.
Barry's problem as always is he is a legendary cheap ass. It seems natural to make a move to grab Tony Bennett, but they are under Virginia's level now and won't break the bank to get him. I wonder who he would go after.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Barry's problem as always is he is a legendary cheap ass. It seems natural to make a move to grab Tony Bennett, but they are under Virginia's level now and won't break the bank to get him. I wonder who he would go after.
Bennett makes around 5 million per season....he ain't leaving for what Gard makes (about 2 million)