**Wisconsin vs Iowa Basketball, 2-22-23 8:00PM BTN**

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
This is typical Iowa basketball, some good games when they make shots and then the games like the last two.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Once again they went to their 3/4 court press after a make and had a player, this time Sandfort do the completely wrong thing and leave a 40% three point shooter wide open in the corner. Less than a minute later they didn’t even guard Hepburn in the corner on a simple out of bounds play.

This isn’t about effort on defense and ‘saving it for the offensive end.’ They’re fucking clueless 50% of the time.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Once again they went to their 3/4 court press after a make and had a player, this time Sandfort do the completely wrong thing and leave a 40% three point shooter wide open in the corner. Less than a minute later they didn’t even guard Hepburn in the corner on a simple out of bounds play.

This isn’t about effort on defense and ‘saving it for the offensive end.’ They’re fucking clueless 50% of the time.
That killed me. Sandfort was chasing the ball like a little kid playing soccer. I don't even know what he was trying to accomplish.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

Correct, it’s about cancer-related hip structure

CamelTones

Reaction score
Went from a win against NW 4 days ago putting them in 2nd place in the conference to 9th place after tonight.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Kris should auto-correct to "Keegan's gay brother."

If he grew up anywhere but Iowa, he would've quit basketball. He would've been wearing a bowtie and entering spelling bees.

Connor getting chippy with everyone would be great if he didn't suck, too.

Patrick continues to just aimlessly wander around the court until he sees an opportunity to fuck something up.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Shooting your way out of a slump is probably a strategy you can set aside when the other team's only legit big has 4 fouls. Goddammit Fran

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Shooting your way out of a slump is probably a strategy you can set aside when the other team's only legit big has 4 fouls. Goddammit Fran
The morons with the ball would have a wide open path to the lane and still chuck up a brick. That’s on their own dipshittery although Fran is also dumb.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I actually thought the offense was mostly fine against NW they just couldn’t hit any shots.

Tonight they were just fucking terrible. At least 5 opportunities to take it right to the rim and decided not to. Rebraca should have had an easy 3 point play, didn’t make the layup then missed both free throws. They are so mentally fucked at the moment. It’s almost identical to the Eastern Illinois through getting down by 21 to Indiana stretch.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Kris should auto-correct to "Keegan's gay brother."

If he grew up anywhere but Iowa, he would've quit basketball. He would've been wearing a bowtie and entering spelling bees.

Connor getting chippy with everyone would be great if he didn't suck, too.

Patrick continues to just aimlessly wander around the court until he sees an opportunity to fuck something up.
Three fantastic takes on Iowa basketball...snarky but all true. ;)

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Just frustrating all around. Our only chance at offense tonight was Rebraca and the occasional drive by Perkins. I know Ulis isn’t perfect, but he’s at least not a complete jackoff on defense. I have no clue why he disappeared tonight in favor of Patrick and Sandfort.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Connor has been solid this year but lol at those who thought the McCaffrey lads were top 100s.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Fran needs to be able to adapt when his team has a night like this. Rebraca had a clear advantage. Play him and your best defenders. Ulis, Perkins, Conner, and Filip needed to play the vast majority of minutes tonight. Sandfort, Patrick, and Kris brought nothing tonight and all detracted from what the second half game plan should have been.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Not like there were a bunch of in and outs either. Most of those 3s were off by a foot.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I really hope Pat graduates and goes pro in being a rich kid with a podcast or something.

Kris played like a bitch tonight. Let white guys five inches shorter than him grab rebounds over him.

Hurts having one guy that can attack the basket.
who are you talking about? Is it bad i have to ask that?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Fran needs to be able to adapt when his team has a night like this. Rebraca had a clear advantage. Play him and your best defenders. Ulis, Perkins, Conner, and Filip needed to play the vast majority of minutes tonight. Sandfort, Patrick, and Kris brought nothing tonight and all detracted from what the second half game plan should have been.
sandfort was fine. He is one of few guys who understands that offensive movement is, like, good or something

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
sandfort was fine. He is one of few guys who understands that offensive movement is, like, good or something
I really like his game but he was ineffective offensively and forced some bad looks. Also taking minutes from Ulis, who is capable of getting into the lane and a better defender.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I struggle to blame anyone for taking bad shots tonight when Kris was trying to not get the ball
I mean at some point Iowa needed to accept that shooting 3s wasn’t going to be the answer tonight. Rebraca getting into foul trouble didn’t help tho

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sentence structure be damned, it's a fair point. Ulis can get to the paint but can't finish, Perkins has to settle for a midrange that sometimes goes in.
Ulis drives me crazy. He gets to the paint only to dribble back out 80 percent of the time. What’s the point of going in there if you aren’t going to make anything happen?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Ulis drives me crazy. He gets to the paint only to dribble back out 80 percent of the time. What’s the point of going in there if you aren’t going to make anything happen?
there was one drive to his right where there was absolutely no way they wouldn’t have called a foul. I don’t even remember what happened because I was pissed.

Reaction score
This blows. I’m not white knighting Patrick because he was awful and deserves criticism but he’s 7th in minutes played both of the last two games. He’s maddening and a big problem but Kris is way more frustrating to me. He’s playing beyond soft. He missed two layups horribly. Doesn’t want the ball, missing with 6 feet of space. No physicality.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Too bad. We're probably an 8 or 9 seed (possibly 7 or 10) in the NCAA tournament. Winnable 1st game, 2nd against a top seed.

A win tonight would have produced easier matchups. It wasn't meant to be

Reaction score
The shitty thing is we played good defense for 30 minutes. They missed a couple good looks but didn’t get many. Then we completely fuck up a couple plays, they drill three 3’s and we pack it in.

6-52 from 3 this week. I’d estimate 20 of the misses were completely wide open. Unreal.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Too bad. We're probably an 8 or 9 seed (possibly 7 or 10) in the NCAA tournament. Winnable 1st game, 2nd against a top seed.

So another quality NCAA showing

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
The shitty thing is we played good defense for 30 minutes. They missed a couple good looks but didn’t get many. Then we completely fuck up a couple plays, they drill three 3’s and we pack it in.

6-52 from 3 this week. I’d estimate 20 of the misses were completely wide open. Unreal.
Bump that 20 to 40 and I agree.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score

This team just isn’t anything special unless shooting well. That’s not exactly a big revelation, but just shows how blah they are. I’m expecting a first round loss, but they could pull a S16 out of their ass and it would be equally dumbfounding.