**Wisconsin vs Iowa Basketball, 2-22-23 8:00PM BTN**

Reaction score
Bump that 20 to 40 and I agree.
I was trying to be objective but you’re closer to it. It’s crazy. It was one thing a few years ago when Nebrantska left Toussaint and Connor open and dared them to shoot. This is the entire team missing wide open looks over and over.

Reaction score
I think Tony is shooting about 12% from mid-range since the Illinois game where he couldn’t miss. That play 2nd half where he declined going all the way for a layup to miss a fadeaway was cool. Around the time we were up 3 and Kris just didn’t grab a rebound and had it taken by a 6’2 guy.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
This team just isn’t anything special unless shooting well. That’s not exactly a big revelation, but just shows how blah they are. I’m expecting a first round loss, but they could pull a S16 out of their ass and it would be equally dumbfounding.
This is where I was at earlier in the year. There isn't a ton of skill on this team and the guys like Rebracca with some skill have pretty big deficiencies in certain areas. I'll give them and Fran credit for coming back after the first horrific stretch and maybe they'll get hot at the right time again but IMO it is a pretty good accomplishment to even get this group to the tournament. It helps that all of college basketball is pretty mediocre this year as well.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
When Kris had that unbelievably open look from three he hesitated so long it was clear shooting was the last thing he wanted to do.
Especially when he had the time to make a sandwich and eat it too.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I think Tony is shooting about 12% from mid-range since the Illinois game where he couldn’t miss. That play 2nd half where he declined going all the way for a layup to miss a fadeaway was cool. Around the time we were up 3 and Kris just didn’t grab a rebound and had it taken by a 6’2 guy.
Connor rightfully ripped his ass for that but Connor was equally terrible tonight

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
There is a reason Fran will never win the douche or advance far in the tournament

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The probability of a 35 percent shooting team going 6 for their next 52 is 1 in 33,000.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Wisconsin gets guys who are way more athletically limited than the guys we have to effectively engage defensively, so it is possible.

The worst thing that can happen to us is to get a couple turnovers early in the press because then it’s never coming off. Guys get tired, gamble a bit more, and we start giving up easy looks. I get that we’re trying to force end of shot clock situations, but teams seem to shoot about 75% against us as it’s winding down so what’s the fucking point?

They couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn in the first half last night but we didn’t see any zone. Just kept over hedging the ball screen with zero help rotation behind it.

Fuck it all.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wisconsin gets guys who are way more athletically limited than the guys we have to effectively engage defensively, so it is possible.

The worst thing that can happen to us is to get a couple turnovers early in the press because then it’s never coming off. Guys get tired, gamble a bit more, and we start giving up easy looks. I get that we’re trying to force end of shot clock situations, but teams seem to shoot about 75% against us as it’s winding down so what’s the fucking point?

They couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn in the first half last night but we didn’t see any zone. Just kept over hedging the ball screen with zero help rotation behind it.

Fuck it all.
There was one situation in first half where Wisconsin had the ball out of bounds with 3 seconds to shoot. I told my wife to watch the shit that’s about to happen. Wisconsin proceeds to inbound the ball, scrambles, and the dude shot put Tourette’s style and banks it in off the board at the buzzer.

It is unfuckingbelievable how often that shit happens.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
perennially Iowa has too few guys who can beat someone off the bounce. They have one guy this year who can do it occasionally but his handle is a tad loose.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

Fuck it all.
Lets not forget Crowl also had 2 early fouls to add to Wisconsin being broke from outside yet Iowa still found a way to be trailing at half.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
@BBK please litter this thread with ghey stuff again. Every post I’m reading is pissing me off again. Homos are icky and will keep me away.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Fran is not the type to let us players get down on themselves. Double bye would’ve been nice but hopefully this lights a fire for the postseason.

I have been saying this for decades, but hopefully the home road splits this year cause a conference to seriously consider how we are officiating games. I mean, I get the benefit of the conference having home court advantage, but it’s getting ridiculous.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran is not the type to let us players get down on themselves. Double bye would’ve been nice but hopefully this lights a fire for the postseason.

I have been saying this for decades, but hopefully the home road splits this year cause a conference to seriously consider how we are officiating games. I mean, I get the benefit of the conference having home court advantage, but it’s getting ridiculous.
Iowa had wide open looks.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Hummel mentioned it during the game, but this team lets shooting impact its defensive effort way too much. They proved for ~25 min last night and in other games that they can play passable D despite Fran not giving a flying fuck about coaching it, but then we saw them just fold up. This is basically a perennial thing for Iowa and why they can hang with anyone when shots are falling but often revert to absolute dogshit when they aren’t.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I think Ulis has been our best 3 point shooter the last two games. 2-8 ain’t too shabby during that stretch.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
The probability of a 35 percent shooting team going 6 for their next 52 is 1 in 33,000.
This type of thinking is what the point spread for this game was based on.

But if one knows a little bit about this Iowa roster and is a dedicated Bayesian they could see right through it.

Don't be afraid to revise your priors, people.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score

Fuck it all.
Someone associated with this team needs to learn how to teach effective ball screen defense. FUCK.

CamelTones

Reaction score
The road teams have won 38% of Big Ten games. That’s really not that suspect as I would guess the historical average is around 40%.

Iowa has just been really bad on the road in conference 2 of the last 4 seasons because their success is entirely reliant on making shots rather than grinding out victories. Not everyone is getting blown out on the road like Iowa does.

coff

Busker
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s effort. It’s just pure pantshitting, likely from being option #1 for the first time ever in his life.
Then you didn't watch the game last night. He was dead from the ass both ways, and did not put out any effort.

Reaction score
The road teams have won 38% of Big Ten games. That’s really not that suspect as I would guess the historical average is around 40%.

Iowa has just been really bad on the road in conference 2 of the last 4 seasons because their success is entirely reliant on making shots rather than grinding out victories. Not everyone is getting blown out on the road like Iowa does.
Road teams have won 31.9% this year. Big Ten ranks 2nd in home win percentage this year. 77-36. Home teams are also covering the spread 65% of the time which is an enormous outlier.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Road teams have won 31.9% this year. Big Ten ranks 2nd in home win percentage this year. 77-36. Home teams are also covering the spread 65% of the time which is an enormous outlier.
My bad, saw this stat and thought it was Big Ten games only.