Your favorite memory re: Paterno

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
So, I watched some of the Big Ten media day coverage and it got me to thinking... what's your favorite memory you associate with joepa?

I've got a few obvious ones (win against PSU last year), but one I can vividly remember comes from 9? years ago when PSU was at Kinnick and JoePa was looking for a BIG win - a milestone, but I forget which one.

We had tickets (I was a freshman in high school) in the end zone about 50 rows up. Some guy that the lady next to us called "The old FB" (fat bastard) spent the entire game yelling "NOT TODAY, JOE PA!!"

Hawks won that game, IIRC.

Other ones include the game @ PSU when he ran off the field chasing the ref in the double OT victory.

You?

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
COOOOOOMMEE TO PENN STAAAAAATE!!!!

[yt]SfLYO3F4D78[/yt]

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
9 years ago was 2000, and the Hawks beat PSU in State College (also in OT, IIRC). 8 years ago they did beat PSU at Kinnick, although I don't recall what milestone it was.

I can't remember how ol' JoePa reacted after the 6-4 game, but I'm sure he had a quip or two.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
9 years ago was 2000, and the Hawks beat PSU in State College (also in OT, IIRC). 8 years ago they did beat PSU at Kinnick, although I don't recall what milestone it was.

I can't remember how ol' JoePa reacted after the 6-4 game, but I'm sure he had a quip or two.
It was 8 years ago, then. I specifically recall him trying to reach a big milestone in that game because of the fat guy next to us.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
There's a video out there of him with his players doing knuckle push ups, from a couple years back.

the guy is an animal.

ivan_drago

Reaction score
Wasn't the milestone passing Bear Bryant or am I wrong? They had a losing record that season, FWIW.