**2014/2015 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
As a super fan, you should know we can't get ahead of ourselves#1gameatatime

Reaction score
Ok, back to this being a Basketball thread.

I hope Iowa gets someone in the NCAA Tournament that doesn't rape all game long. It seems like most of the non-conference games this year and some last year were always against the most rapey or bigger teams.

Villanova, Texas, Syracuse, North Carolina, Northern Iowa and Tennessee last year are all some of the worst you can get outside of Louisville when it comes to teams that hack and grab the whole time.

Would be nice to get a team they can run and take inside.
Bracket Matrix' average for BYU is in the 11 range. Notre Dame is a 3. Find a way to get that 6 and hope you get that setup.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I would think Aaron White has a good shot to win Big Ten Player of the Week for the second week in a row. 23 points and 6.5 rebounds while shooting 51.6% from the field and 50% from three in wins on the road against Indiana and at home against Northwestern.

The other guys going to be up for it will be Trice (averaged 24 and 3 assists in 2 wins) and then guys who play tomorrow. Wells had 20 against Rutgers, Russell had 28 against Penn State and Kaminsky had 25 against Minnesota.

I don't think Wells will get it even if he goes off tomorrow given his games were against Rutgers and Nebrantska. Hopefully it will be Russell that gets it when Ohio State beats Wisconsin tomorrow.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Last day of the Big Ten regular season tomorrow, boyz. Iowa sitting at 21-10 and 12-6 with a shot at the #4 seed and a double bye playing Purdue or a crap team. At worst, they are the #5 seed and have to beat one of the worst teams in the conference for the chance to play Purdue. #7 seed in the NCAA Tournament looking like a good shot.

If anyone would have told us that back in November, we all would have taken that with no problem. Shit, if anyone would have told us that 2 weeks ago we would have the opportunity most wouldn't have believed it.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Last day of the Big Ten regular season tomorrow, boyz. Iowa sitting at 21-10 and 12-6 with a shot at the #4 seed and a double bye. At worst, they are the #5 seed and have to beat one of the worst teams in the conference for the chance to play Purdue. #7 seed in the NCAA Tournament looking like a good shot.

If anyone would have told us that back in November, we all would have taken that with no problem. Shit, if anyone would have told us that 2 weeks ago we would have the opportunity most wouldn't have believed it.
I kept trying to tell people.....

Reaction score
I'll always love me some Hawkeyes. Stupid obsession. Chose my college based on my favorite football/basketball teams growing up. Completely worth it for months like the past month.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Before the last 8 games I was just hoping they would go 5-3 down the stretch. The fact that they lost the first 2 and managed 6-2 is awesome.

Reaction score
Last day of the Big Ten regular season tomorrow, boyz. Iowa sitting at 21-10 and 12-6 with a shot at the #4 seed and a double bye playing Purdue or a crap team. At worst, they are the #5 seed and have to beat one of the worst teams in the conference for the chance to play Purdue. #7 seed in the NCAA Tournament looking like a good shot.

Really hope we don't have to play Minnesota in the 5/12 game though. That's a talented 12 seed.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Really hope we don't have to play Minnesota in the 5/12 game though. That's a talented 12 seed.
Minnesota should win at home today.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score

Fuck 'em.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score

Minnesota should win at home today.
That bumps them to 11?

Reaction score
If Maryland wins tonight the 12/13 game is Nebrantska vs. PSU. If Nebrantska wins it's Minnesota vs. PSU.

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
So it looks like either Penn state or Nebrantska on Thursday (approximately 1:30 - 1:45), unless Nebrantska beats Maryland, whereby Minnesota would move to the 12 spot.

Fuck any of those teams, it just sucks that playing on Thursday is an absolute no win situation where it could hurt seeding for the big dance with a loss and not really matter with a win. Hopefully just another chance to see these guys improve though.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Kaminsky, White or Trice for Big Ten Player of the Week.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Watching the Wisconsin OSU game delayed. Jim Nantz is such an idiot. "Where do you see them (OSU) seeded? 4th? 5th?"

douglasbader

Reaction score
It appears that not only the 10% chance of ending up in the #5 seed ended up happening, but the worst case scenario of Penn State beating Minnesota and Nebrantska beating Maryland is about to happen.

Going to have to beat Penn State or Minnesota, both teams who are better than their record, to play Purdue.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Those Indiana scumbags will have a good shot to get to the finals.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Here are the RPI scenarios...............

Beat Nebrantska and the RPI is 37. Beat Penn State and the RPI is 36. Lose to either of them and the RPI is 47.

Beat Purdue and the RPI is 31. Lose to Purdue and the RPI is 42.

Beat Wisconsin and the RPI is 24. Lose to Wisconsin and the RPI is 31.

All of that means that if you want a #7 seed, then Iowa must beat Nebrantska/Penn State and Purdue and it locks one up. Lose either of those first 2 games and they are looking at a #8 or #9 seed. Run the table and you get a #5 seed.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Is there a website somewhere that has correlated seeding with RPI for the period in which they've been using RPI?

douglasbader

Reaction score
I hope Fran doesn't fuck with rotations too much or get cute trying to distribute minutes. Play balls out the first 2 games and anything after that doesn't really matter.

The last thing I want to see is him subbing guys early or trying to buy minutes.

Reaction score
I hope we play Nebrantska but I think PSU is going to take it to them. They were 1-8 in Big Ten games decided by 6 or less or OT until today. Glad they got one over those Minnesota fucks. Finally getting one will give them some confidence headed to Chicago. I think Nebrantska summoned something for the final home game but will be checked out now.

Just watched the Journey on Senior Day stuff. To hell with Kaminsky and Trice. I like Newbill and Chambers though, that was good stuff.

Reaction score
Fran seems to have settled down a little bit re: the rotations. It seems that he has been riding the guys playing well more than he was at the beginning of the season. I'm sure some of that is White being as good as he has been over the last stretch the offense seems to be flowing better so lets hope AWh can keep it up.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
BTN released their all big ten teams. White was 1st team unanimously and Gabe was 6th man of the year unanimously.

No link, it was on the BTN to go app but I can't find it on the website.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Good to see. Let's hope the All Big-Ten teams that actually matter do the same.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Good for White. I would've liked to have seen Uthoff make at least third team.

Reaction score
RPI is 39 this morning. Bracket Matrix has us as the highest 7 seed but the 6 teams from Iowa to MSU were all bunched between an average of 7.36 to 7.71, though OSU will drop out of that. The team above us, Providence is at an average of 6.08.
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Good for White. I would've liked to have seen Uthoff make at least third team.
A guy like Malcolm Hill making it is just lazy reporting, looking at PPG and nothing else. Uthoff affects the game 10x more than Hill ever will.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
RPI is 39 this morning. Bracket Matrix has us as the highest 7 seed but the 6 teams from Iowa to MSU were all bunched between an average of 7.36 to 7.71, though OSU will drop out of that. The team above us, Providence is at an average of 6.08.
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
Dickhead Brad moved Iowa up to an 8 seed on his site yesterday. Not reflected on bracketmatrix quite yet, but I just wanted to update ya'll! Peace.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Fucking Yogi should have been demoted to 3rd team for missing that free throw