2015 Basketball Recruiting

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I doubt he redshirts even with this setback, but it will also be very tough for him to crack the regular rotation now.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I doubt he redshirts even with this setback, but it will also be very tough for him to crack the regular rotation now.
Nah. If he passes whatever class, he will make it to campus by early August. They don't really start anything serious until September. If he is good enough, he will absolutely play. This isn't like he has to take a grey shirt and isn't eligible until December. He will have a late start, but almost 2 months to make up ground before actual practices start.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Nah. If he passes whatever class, he will make it to campus by early August. They don't really start anything serious until September. If he is good enough, he will absolutely play. This isn't like he has to take a grey shirt and isn't eligible until December. He will have a late start, but almost 2 months to make up ground before actual practices start.
I think it sets him back conditioning wise as well as learning the system. If any of our freshmen have the talent to overcome it and still contribute, though, it is Moss.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
well that sucks. He was the main reason I was looking forward to PTL

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Assuming he still makes it to campus in the fall this isn't that big of a deal.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
His competition is admittedly not CPL level, but a lot to like in that film. Seems to really have a feel for the game and is like Dev in that his motions don't always seem to be extremely quick, but he has good body control and sees the floor well. Ideally he grows a little bit taller and can become an extremely versatile guard/SF for Iowa. Also runs the floor well and finishes well already. I think he could contribute next year if we need him to, though I don't think we will

Revolver

Reaction score
I like Williams a lot more after having seen that video.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Is Hutton going to be here for PTL?
Dude...

Isaiah Moss, one of six new recruits joining Iowa's basketball program this season, will not enroll in summer-school classes starting June 15 or play in the Prime Time League.

Moss, who played at Simeon High School in Chicago, must complete some academic work before coming to Iowa City. Iowa coach Fran McCaffery would not discuss the Moss situation specifically.

"I expect him to enroll for the fall semester," McCaffery said.

McCaffery said the other incoming recruits — Andrew Fleming, Ahmad Wagner, Brandon Hutton, Christian Williams and junior college transfer Dale Jones — will enroll in summer school and play in the Prime Time League.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa/basketball-men/2015/06/02/isaiah-moss-iowa-basketball-prime-time-league-academics-fran-mccaggery/28368377/

Revolver

Reaction score
Also, they should just let there be crowd noise in the back of those highlight videos. I don't want to hear some shitty beat by some upstart wanna be producer every time I watch.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Had Iowa taken a commitment from Ernst a few months ago, it would've been roundly mocked on CF. I'm starting to like this Prohm guy. It's all about getting those fantasies of the long term "next level" under control, and I think he's the guy to do it.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Had Iowa taken a commitment from Ernst a few months ago, it would've been roundly mocked on CF.
This commit IS being pretty roundly mocked on CF now. Some rationalization, some wait and see, but plenty of mocking.

Pre-injury he was the #1 recruit in Iowa ahead of guys going to Nebrantska, Creighton and UNI, so I guess I fall in the "wait and see" but initially unimpressed crowd.

Reaction score
they're obviously pretty desperate for any warm bodies for depth going into next year but with a torn ACL in February it seems like that might even be a stretch. I figured he'd try to get a few more Freddie specials and grab some 5th-year transfers.

douglasbader

Reaction score
they're obviously pretty desperate for any warm bodies for depth going into next year but with a torn ACL in February it seems like that might even be a stretch. I figured he'd try to get a few more Freddie specials and grab some 5th-year transfers.
There are none of those left.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Was doing some stuff for work tonight and stumbled across Evan Boudreaux's name (totally forgot about him). He is actually having a nice little freshman season. He is averaging 17/9 (Ben Simmons is the only other Division I freshman who can claim that) and is averaging 21/10 in Ivy League play.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Was doing some stuff for work tonight and stumbled across Evan Boudreaux's name (totally forgot about him). He is actually having a nice little freshman season. He is averaging 17/9 (Ben Simmons is the only other Division I freshman who can claim that) and is averaging 21/10 in Ivy League play.
Isn't he the douche that said he was happy to announce he was no longer considering Iowa?

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
did not want

do not care

develop hutton and moss and they'll bear more long-term chicago recruiting benefit than that chubby balding ivy would have

Last edited:
Reaction score
Him and Rokas Gustys are both doing really well at the mid-major level and probably found the right fit. Gustys a year older but much more efficient everywhere but the FT line.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Highly doubtful we get cook if we get this pile of goo.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I'd love to see cook windmill dunk on evan dadbod about 20 times

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Boudreaux had around 30 against Seton Hall in his first college game.

I'd take that.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Where did that Serbian ass-kicker PF/C from Texas end up, and how is he doing?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Where did that Serbian ass-kicker PF/C from Texas end up, and how is he doing?
Half of the guys Iowa recruited ended up at Vanderbilt, one of the biggest underachieving teams in the country and after last night their coach might get fired.

Riley LaChance had a good freshman season but has completely regressed to only averaging 7 points per game. Joe Toye plays 7 minutes per game. Samir Sehic plays 5 minutes per game. D'jery Baptiste redshirted.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Evan will be bald by his junior year.

Who was the shooting guard r (I don't think it was 2015, probably 2014) out of Philly area we were going after hard for awhile?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Evan will be bald by his junior year.

Who was the shooting guard r (I don't think it was 2015, probably 2014) out of Philly area we were going after hard for awhile?
Devin Coleman. He went to Temple after Iowa pulled his offer. Apparently there was some issue there and there were some hard feelings. He's had a pretty mediocre career there.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Thats right. Looks like he started out at Clemson before transferring to Temple.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That was actually part of the saga that got me BLOCKED. along with the Paige commitment and him bitching about the horror of having to cover iowa basketball games.

Reaction score
I saw Gasser say that Fran "absolutely thought he had Anunoby" until the Creaning happened.

Reaction score

2nd most accomplished member of 2015 class? 3rd if you count Ahmad Wagner in football?

Averaging 6.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg, and 1.9 apg as a 5th year senior.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I read through the first ten or so pages of this thread again. You know, where we were super excited about the Williams, Hall, Hutton, Boudreaux class lol