2016 Basketball Recruiting

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Yeah, I know... really early to be posting this, but incoming freshman Ben Coupet, Jr. of Simeon Prep has named us as one of his top choices thus far per his father, Coupet, Sr. Looks to be an extraordinary talent. If we establish a relationship early on, and start winning regularly, who knows.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
''A former Simeon basketball star is charged with domestic battery for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend while holding her against her will for eight hours inside his Mercedes early Saturday.''

I bet she really had to pee after that. My wife can't be in a car for an hour without having to go.

Revolver

Reaction score
''A former Simeon basketball star is charged with domestic battery for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend while holding her against her will for eight hours inside his Mercedes early Saturday.''

I bet she really had to pee after that. My wife can't be in a car for an hour without having to go.
How on Earth can one be held against their will in an automobile for 8 hours in downtown Chicago????

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

How on Earth can one be held against their will in an automobile for 8 hours in downtown Chicago????
Child safety locks.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

LOL

Reaction score
Iowa has offered Jerry Myles, a wing from Davenport West. Also has an offer from Iowa State.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Saw on twitter that Myles was at the football game in IC with Dev this past Saturday.

Ben Kenobi

Definitely Needs to GFH
Reaction score
From the article on Pops:

As a 6-foot-9 forward for Simeon, Coupet once scored 8 points in 9 minutes during a 72-45 victory over Davidson, Ala., in Dec., 1990.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This isn't Iowa related, but Seventh Woods is perhaps the most athletic kid I have ever seen. He makes Russell Westbrook look like Bill Wennington.

He is 14 years old, already been in Colorado Springs for Team USA and led his High School Varsity team in points, rebounds and blocks as an 8th grader.

Did I mention he is only 6'2''?

[yt]3pbGuYaQsDQ[/yt]

douglasbader

Reaction score
The Russell Westbrook comment was obvious hyperbole, but that kid is ridiculously athletic for a 14 year old.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Good lord.

I wonder if he can shoot. The 4:00 mark leads me to believe he has decent touch.

Ben Kenobi

Definitely Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The Russell Westbrook comment was obvious hyperbole, but that kid is ridiculously athletic for a 14 year old.
I think I speak on behalf of HaLo when I express my disappointment that you have finally sunk so low as to begin using hyperbole, doug. You had such a good run, but you've changed, man.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I think I speak on behalf of HaLo when I express my disappointment that you have finally sunk so low as to begin using hyperbole, doug. You had such a good run, but you've changed, man.
Lol

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
kotz is funny. if only i could meet him on some train somewhere. no everson.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I have a friend that coaches 4A HS Basketball and he said that Myles is a huge piece of shit and has a terrible attitude and work ethic. He makes Ricky Davis look like a model citizen.

Bob

Reaction score
I have a friend that coaches 4A HS Basketball and he said that Myles is a huge piece of shit and has a terrible attitude and work ethic. He makes Ricky Davis look like a model citizen.
Ricky Davis owned a bunch so...

Reaction score

Yep. I have been told this by multiple people, even the guys in Rock Island who are huge Illini fans said they would want no part of this kid. I didn't get to make it to any of his HS games this winter but I also heard he wasn't all that impressive anyway, granted he's only a Freshman, but there are some HUGE redflags with with kid already.

There are rumors out there that Myles and another kid from West are going to transfer next year.

Reaction score
I was really surprised to see that Davenport West finished 9-14 on the year. Not only did they have Miles, but they also had Marlon Stewart, a 2015 guard who projects as a D1 recruit. Add to that well-regarded players like Shabazz and Butler, and it really makes you wonder if there were some major chemistry problems on that squad. Sure they were young, but they were too talented to finish with a record like that.

Reaction score
Butler has already enrolled at Central from what I'm told. Stewart and Myles are the 2 that are also rumored to be on their way out.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
pretty fucking thrilled to see the names Marlon, Shabazz, and Jerry being mentioned in recruiting threads.

Revolver

Reaction score
Myles may be a prick as a freshman in high school, but he could still grow out of that. I don't claim to know anything about the kid, but should be interesting to see this develop. His video was pretty impressive for his age. Although I wish the IA Elites videos could be a little more grainy.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If you think we aren't looking at bohannon you are retarded. It's not every year that multiple freshmen have d-1 offers in iowa.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'll admit to being a little ashamed of how much I hate this kid for no other reason than his last name.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Martin Bros tweeted that Creighton has offered Cordell Pemsl. I believe that's his first hm offer.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jerry Myles will be attending Sunshine Christian for his sophomore season- the same prep school that Gabe attended, and current target Nairn attends.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
According to a tweet by Howe, Cordell Pemsl recently visited Iowa again. Can't see the details, not a Scout member.

Glad to hear of the recent visit (perhaps he was at the NIU game?) in light of his participation in the Purdue camp.

Reaction score
Johnny Hines ‏@HoverCraftHines 11h
Hawkeye coach Sherman Dillard was in tonight checking out @c_pemsl40 's open gym at Dubuque (Wahlert HS)

douglasbader

Reaction score
Roy Schmidt ‏@prepbullseye Protected account 4m
K.J. Santos' offer from the Hawkeyes is his 9th to date from a D1 school. He has also visited the Iowa City campus.

Revolver

Reaction score
Johnny Hines ‏@HoverCraftHines 11h
Hawkeye coach Sherman Dillard was in tonight checking out @c_pemsl40 's open gym at Dubuque (Wahlert HS)
What kind of ceiling does this kid have as far as rankings go? Any idea, Chane?

douglasbader

Reaction score
He will be a Top 50 player.

Reaction score
2016 Vermont Academy (Middleton, DE) PF Sedee Keita has received a basketball offer from Iowa.

Reaction score
Roby and fellow 2016 Quad Cities Elite forward Noah McCarty are at the B&G Blowout.