2017 Recruiting Thread

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Haven't looked through the recruiting threads since March, and sorry if this has already been discussed, but I noticed this year's recruits, next year's recruits, and 2019's recruits are all white guys.

In basketball.

I wonder if that has ever happened in the modern era with a D-1 team.
I'd give you grief for this racist post but I'm holding off as I cant be sure what I'd say were I someone who was able to discern a person's skin color.
What was the last all-white starting 5 lineup to win an NCAA D1 championship?
Guessing the year before Texas Western?

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Haven't looked through the recruiting threads since March, and sorry if this has already been discussed, but I noticed this year's recruits, next year's recruits, and 2019's recruits are all white guys.

In basketball.

I'd give you grief for this racist post but I'm holding off as I cant be sure what I'd say were I someone who was able to discern a person's skin color.
I'd honestly have no way of knowing. Did it happen last year? 2013? I just don't know.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I'd honestly have no way of knowing. Did it happen last year? 2013? I just don't know.
I'm guessing it happened before teams started integrating.

howler

Reaction score
Iowa isn't going to win a national championship.
Maybe not, but it's the one thing we all dream of happening, and given the lucky bounces that happen in the tourney, it's not so far fetched if you string together some really great recruiting classes.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score

In basketball.

BYU: Hold my decaffeinated beverage.

howler

Reaction score

In basketball.

BYU: Hold my decaffeinated beverage.
Given the fraught history of Mormonism/BYU & black athletes, that's no surprise.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Wisconsin was 4/5ths White the year they lost to Duke in the Final. Oh and they were the only team to beat Kentucky all year a couple days earlier.

Reaction score
Third hand info but Sherm had a conversation at CR airport with a friend of a friend on his way to the Cook's and was talking about feeling really good about a big from DC. Luke......?
Woodbury is an athletic specimen compared to Garza. I know he is a young big, but that is a slow lumbering non-athletic player. I can see taking that sort of kid if he is 7'0'', but 6'8'' or 6'9''? No way. He also has foot injury problems already.

Hopefully they come up with a better option.
Jfc @douglasbader. How times have changed.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
This might sound kinda crazy, but I see Connor eventually playing the 4 spot on a ranked Iowa team. He'll probably redshirt his freshman year and be forced to the spot due to some untimely injuries. The team will be super white but tough as nails. Also have a great feeling about that Garza kid.
BOOM!