Lol at the guy that had A shit ton of money on sdsu at astronomical odds

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
so is there no national champion now or will they just vote and give it to KU

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fuck this. No reason they have to cancel, could have postponed.

What a waste of a season.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Fuck this. No reason they have to cancel, could have postponed.

What a waste of a season.
The NCAA pussed out. ESPN said they were told that they couldn’t commit to postponement because you start running into issues with graduations, holding off on jobs/NBA, etc. Complete bullshit.

The only thing I can think of is that they were told by health officials that this is likely to be an issue for many months.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
The NCAA pussed out. ESPN said they were told that they couldn’t commit to postponement because you start running into issues with graduations, holding off on jobs/NBA, etc. Complete bullshit.

The only thing I can think of is that they were told by health officials that this is likely to be an issue for many months.
The NBA is postponed so the draft shouldn’t matter and just give the higher seeds home court. It’s better than nothing

douglasbader

Reaction score
The logistics of that would be a nightmare.
Not enough of a nightmare to take a pause and find a way to make it happen.

It's a fucking dumb decision to flat outright cancel it. Nearly every coach is saying the same thing and they don't understand it either.

They could have waited until May. Zero reason they couldn't have.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Not enough of a nightmare to take a pause and find a way to make it happen.

It's a fucking dumb decision to flat outright cancel it. Nearly every coach is saying the same thing and they don't understand it either.

They could have waited until May. Zero reason they couldn't have.
Yeah, but it goes way beyond just a venue. Travel, lodging, graduation, jobs, the draft, so many factors that make it just a huge cluster.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yeah, but it goes way beyond just a venue. Travel, lodging, graduation, jobs, the draft, so many factors that make it just a huge cluster.
There is jack shit going on at the select number of arenas and there would be plenty of travel and lodging. Who fucking cares about the graduation, they could walk in the summer or get their diplomas later. The Draft isn't happening for a long while and wouldn't have had anything to do.

It was a cluster, they could have figured it out. This was the stupidest and shittiest of all options.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score

This guy gets it.

Reactions: Jim

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
There is jack shit going on at the select number of arenas and there would be plenty of travel and lodging. Who fucking cares about the graduation, they could walk in the summer or get their diplomas later. The Draft isn't happening for a long while and wouldn't have had anything to do.

It was a cluster, they could have figured it out. This was the stupidest and shittiest of all options.
why do you hate humanity Doug

douglasbader

Reaction score
why do you hate humanity Doug
I can't believe that CBS allowed the to cancel either. They would have loved the content in May.

What the fuck are people thinking this is and can be done here? I thought we were trying to flatten the curve in the next few weeks. Are people under the false impression that Coronavirus is something that is going to disappear?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Lol at holding off on jobs

‘So Mr./Mrs./Ms. Boss, turns out I can play in the NCAA Tourna...’
‘Get the fuck out of my office, see you when your run in the tournament is over. Good luck.’

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I can't believe that CBS allowed the to cancel either. They would have loved the content in May.

What the fuck are people thinking this is and can be done here? I thought we were trying to flatten the curve in the next few weeks. Are people under the false impression that Coronavirus is something that is going to disappear?
No shit. people still get H1N1 and it still sucks.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
This is some stupid fucking bullshit