2021-22 Iowa Women's Basketball Thread

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Everyone back except a few role players from last year's Sweet 16 team. Only bad news so far is backup post Sharon Goodman blew out her ACL in practice so they'll have to depend on a true freshman when Czinano needs a breather.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Everyone back except a few role players from last year's Sweet 16 team. Only bad news so far is backup post Sharon Goodman blew out her ACL in practice so they'll have to depend on a true freshman when Czinano needs a breather.
It's good to get the annual, "women's basketball player blows out ACL" injury out of the way early so there's time to adjust.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
It's good to get the annual, "women's basketball player blows out ACL" injury out of the way early so there's time to adjust.
Stay tuned…

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I won’t be participating in the watching. Between Netflix, YouTube, and occasionally working, who can find the time?

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Isn't that what gambling’s for?
Yeeeeeeaaaaah. It’s been a rough stretch. Indiana +4.5 on Saturday cost me bigly. I’ve lost most of my money betting on Indiana and against MSU and Kentucky this year. Fucking analytics

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Whoever that is in the tweet I find cute

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
like all great players in other sports, she sees things before her peers.

• GFY

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Like I said..

Shateah Wetering Suffers Torn ACL

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- University of Iowa women’s basketball sophomore Shateah Weteringsuffered a season-ending torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of her left knee in practice. The announcement came Thursday by P. Sue Beckwith, MD, head coach Lisa Bluder.

“Shateah (Wetering) was having a terrific preseason when she suffered this injury,” Bluder said. “She was playing confidently and stood out as one of our most improved players from last season. Shateah will use this year to rehab, learn from a coach’s perspective and be an active teammate for her sisters on the team.”

Wetering, a Montezuma, Iowa, native played in seven games last season, averaging three minutes and tallying five points and four rebounds.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Like I said..

Shateah Wetering Suffers Torn ACL

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- University of Iowa women’s basketball sophomore Shateah Weteringsuffered a season-ending torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of her left knee in practice. The announcement came Thursday by P. Sue Beckwith, MD, head coach Lisa Bluder.

“Shateah (Wetering) was having a terrific preseason when she suffered this injury,” Bluder said. “She was playing confidently and stood out as one of our most improved players from last season. Shateah will use this year to rehab, learn from a coach’s perspective and be an active teammate for her sisters on the team.”

Wetering, a Montezuma, Iowa, native played in seven games last season, averaging three minutes and tallying five points and four rebounds.
It's your fault? You fucking scumbag

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Shateah?

please update the kids names thread

• GFY
Reaction score
Shateah?

please update the kids names thread
  • Daughter of Justin and Shiloh Wetering
  • Wetering has five siblings, including two brothers, Jevohn Miller and Jusiah Wetering, and three sisters, Shealynn Miller, Shanae Wetering, and Shiressa Wetering.

• GFY

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Unless the Iowa women have some dominant post players that can rebound and neutralize other post players, I doubt they have any sort of shot at winning a National Championship or even making it to the Final Four. It seems like if you don't have that specifically in women's basketball, you have no shot.

Men's is a guard's game and Women's is a post player's game.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Unless the Iowa women have some dominant post players that can rebound and neutralize other post players, I doubt they have any sort of shot at winning a National Championship or even making it to the Final Four. It seems like if you don't have that specifically in women's basketball, you have no shot.

I’ll have to take your word for it

• GFY

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

They have a terrific post, but no depth behind her. Czinano is a good scorer, but not terribly athletic and struggles matching up to other posts who are. Fortunately, there aren’t a whole lot of those in women’s college bball. I think the Hawks can make another good run and who knows…might get lucky if some upsets and/or breaks go their way in the tournament. But as that article says, they’re gonna need to step up the defense this year.

• GFY

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Whatever it takes for him to be happy