2021-22 Iowa Women's Basketball Thread

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The team looked good in their exhibition tonight. Clark doing Clark things, Warnock played really well, and Feuerbach is a nice addition. Most impressed with freshman post Addison O’Grady. She had 19 points backing up Czinano and ran the floor well. The Hawks keep churning out quality post players….Jan Jensen does an amazing job coaching them.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
The team looked good in their exhibition tonight. Clark doing Clark things, Warnock played really well, and Feuerbach is a nice addition. Most impressed with freshman post Addison O’Grady. She had 19 points backing up Czinano and ran the floor well. The Hawks keep churning out quality post players….Jan Jensen does an amazing job coaching them.
O'Grady was indeed a pleasant surprise. Gabby Marshall seemed off. Clark-to-Czinano remains just vicious.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hawkeye Women open with a 93-50 win over a scrappy New Hampshire team. They looked a little out of sorts on offense at times, but Bluder was trying a lot of different combinations. Good to get an easy win, but still have lots of coaching points. I continue to be impressed with O’Grady. She has a nice touch and runs well…definitely looks like she belongs.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeaaaaah. It’s been a rough stretch. Indiana +4.5 on Saturday cost me bigly. I’ve lost most of my money betting on Indiana and against MSU and Kentucky this year. Fucking analytics
Indiana is fucking terrible and especially wildly inconsistent- I can imagine trying to lay bets on them

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
O'Grady will be really good by the start of next year.
She appears to be way ahead of where I thought she'd be. I feel better about post depth.

I read Paige Bueckers signed a NIL for $382k/year. Do we know how much Clark is getting from Hy-Vee?

Reaction score
Another great class for Bluder. All three are four star, top-100 recruits on ESPN.

Hannah Stuelke #45
Jada Gyamfi #76
Taylor McCabe #89

Second class in a row to be made up of top 100 recruits, as both O'Grady and Ediger were last year.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Another great class for Bluder. All three are four star, top-100 recruits on ESPN.

Hannah Stuelke #45
Jada Gyamfi #76
Taylor McCabe #89

Second class in a row to be made up of top 100 recruits, as both O'Grady and Ediger were last year.
They weren't the only two recruits last year

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I’ve got to think there is a lot of movement, especially on the girls side, in these rankings over 5 years. 2026? That’s 8th grade?

• GFY

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I’d think the rankings would be a lot more consistent as they age compared to the boys since in 8th grade you never know how much more the boys will grow and how they will develop. Girls are basically what they’re going to be.

• GFY

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Right, that’s sort of what I was referencing, but it could work against the girls who peak at 15/16 and other girls pass them by. Either way, I’ll gfm for discussing 2026 girls basketball recruiting.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hawks drop one at Duke in their first game back after a 2-week Covid layoff. Pretty flat performance overall...shooting was terrible. Understandable I guess, considering the circumstances.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
She shot poorly against Southern too though. I thought she might be sick, but that was two weeks ago. Her confidence seems off.
Yeah, not sure what's up with her. I don't think it's a confidence thing (she never seems to be lacking in that) so maybe she's just trying to force it too much. Or just a sophomore slump. Opponents do seem to be focused on defending her pretty tightly so maybe she need to learn to adjust. Either way, I'm sure she'll be fine.