**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

StinkyMcFadden

Loyal Son Forever True
Reaction score
The guys that produced the #1 offense in the country are leaving but the guys that played a couple minutes every few games are back and will be far more enjoyable to watch!

This is why you guys should never make fun of cyclonefanatic.
I hated watching all 3 of the players I mentioned. I still hate them.

Reaction score
That’s because you’re fucking stupid.
He is, but I'm not sure why anyone would have a ton of confidence in Ulis. I'm not saying he won't be great, just not sure why anyone would be convinced.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Getting this out of the way - the grown men that tweet angry shit at players are dumb

but man do I cringe at the other end. “Thanks CJ. This dad of three loves the example you set for all Hawkeye fans, young and old, giving it your best and earning your time on the floor. I will be rooting for you wherever you end up”

Goooo fuck yourself

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Funny how the 2 biggest impacts to Iowa's roster next year were influenced by their dumb uncles.

Reaction score
Hear me out, I'm just spitballing. Ask Rasir Bolton if he has any interest in limiting shot selection in return for team success. As a bonus, he could bury his dick in TJO and ISU next year.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Hear me out, I'm just spitballing. Ask Rasir Bolton if he has any interest in limiting shot selection in return for team success. As a bonus, he could bury his dick in TJO and ISU next year.
Can you convince him to try on defense?

Reaction score
Let's not get fucking too crazy here. Fran isn't quitting, he's got 2 sons and another one on the way that will play for Iowa. He also makes $2m+ per year and isn't walking away from that.
Tell me that isn’t going to wear guys that coach like Fran, in invest in young men the way he does, incredibly thin.

How brutal would that be to spend years pouring in to a young man, only to have him bolt on you because he likes southern weather or has a better chance for a title elsewhere...

Reaction score
Getting this out of the way - the grown men that tweet angry shit at players are dumb

but man do I cringe at the other end. “Thanks CJ. This dad of three loves the example you set for all Hawkeye fans, young and old, giving it your best and earning your time on the floor. I will be rooting for you wherever you end up”

Goooo fuck yourself
Exactly. These guys are 18-22 yr olds playing a game and accordingly all have some degree of dipshittery going on in their heads. Just get some entertainment from watching the games and stay out of the social media mentions.

Reaction score
These super woke dumbfucks don’t realize that in their quest for righteousness they’re going to fuck over the most vulnerable, small schools that give opportunities every year to the very people super woke Rob Howe thinks he’s fighting for.
I don’t think we’ve even begun to quantify how devastating this will be for hundreds of and hundreds of young athletes. Young men that might have had the opportunity to develop in to successful individuals outside of a career and sports are going to get chewed up and spit out by this new machine

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
He is, but I'm not sure why anyone would have a ton of confidence in Ulis. I'm not saying he won't be great, just not sure why anyone would be convinced.
Going by what I was told who would know.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
God you’re dumb.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
What does “and with the statement released from the UI this morning” add?
The only reason to add that is to not take responsibility, he is almost trying to imply that the University of Iowa or Fran is responsible for him ultimately deciding to enter the portal.

He's a fucking loser.

Reaction score
The only reason to add that is to not take responsibility, he is almost trying to imply that the University of Iowa or Fran is responsible for him ultimately deciding to enter the portal.

He's a fucking loser.
I just checked the stamps and he put his announcement out 3 minutes after Iowa had theirs. Like he was just waiting on them to go then push that it like it had anything to do with his decision.

Has His Own Office
Reaction score

He's a fucking loser.
CJ always seemed like a good kid and teammate. I am quite surprised at this assholey victim behavior. His character wasn't nearly as good as I assumed.

Reaction score
Tell me that isn’t going to wear guys that coach like Fran, in invest in young men the way he does, incredibly thin.

How brutal would that be to spend years pouring in to a young man, only to have him bolt on you because he likes southern weather or has a better chance for a title elsewhere...
It is worse than that. Iowa gives a scholarship when others won't, believe in the players and develop them. Other programs now open the checkbook when a few years earlier they had no interest. Iowa will never play that game, and Iowa will almost always lose.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
I've said something like this before, but one of my issues with all this stuff is that I think a lot of these current guys see themselves as continuing on the legacy of the people in the pictures you posted.

I'm completely good with sports figures using their influence to push policies they believe in, and throughout history that has done a lot of good. But you know the Jordan Bohannons of the world think they're a modern day Jackie Robinson or Muhammad Ali. Like years ago when Adrian Peterson called playing in the NFL modern day slavery. Or a million other recent examples both in and out of sports where I think people believe they're going to get their picture in history books.

Or maybe I'm just a dinosaur and I'm wrong.

Transfer, that's fine. And earn money off your likeness like I've said 100x, but I won't be surprised when viewership goes down.
I've always hated that guy.

Reaction score
Some ammo when somebody tries to say Fredrick was a good defensive player:

Defensive Rating; an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions. (100 is average, you don't want to be "high" in this metric defensively)

CJ Fredrick
2019-20 109.7
2020-21 110.9

As a team this year:
Keegan 95.5
Nunge 99.6
Garza 100.5
Wieskamp 101.4
Toussaint 101.7
Perkins 102.9
Patrick 104.3
Connor 105.3
bohannon 107.8
CJF 110.9

Defensive Box Plus/Minus
A box score estimate of the defensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team

Keegan 3.4
Connor 2.6
Perkins 2.2
Wieskamp 1.9
Garza 1.8
Toussaint 1.7
Nunge 1.7
Patrick 1.1
CJF .9
bohannon. 7

Defensive win shares:
Garza 1.4
Wieskamp 1.2
Keegan 1.1
Connor .7
bohannon .6
Nunge .5
Toussaint. 5
Patrick .5

Reaction score
Some ammo when somebody tries to say Fredrick was a good defensive player:

Defensive Rating; an estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions. (100 is average, you don't want to be "high" in this metric defensively)

CJ Fredrick
2019-20 109.7
2020-21 110.9

As a team this year:
Keegan 95.5
Nunge 99.6
Garza 100.5
Wieskamp 101.4
Toussaint 101.7
Perkins 102.9
Patrick 104.3
Connor 105.3
bohannon 107.8
CJF 110.9

Defensive Box Plus/Minus
A box score estimate of the defensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team

Keegan 3.4
Connor 2.6
Perkins 2.2
Wieskamp 1.9
Garza 1.8
Toussaint 1.7
Nunge 1.7
Patrick 1.1
CJF .9
bohannon. 7

Defensive win shares:
Garza 1.4
Wieskamp 1.2
Keegan 1.1
Connor .7
bohannon .6
Nunge .5
Toussaint. 5
Patrick .5
I browsed the kentucky board earlier today and one poster said CJ couldn’t stop a parked car.