**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Probably not news, but Mulvey said the coaches told him he'd get 10-15 mpg next year with a transfer getting the rest of the minutes. No mention of Josh O.
at the 4 or 5, or split?

would hate to see Josh O leave after just one year, unless the staff thinks he's waaaaay too far behind in his development to pay off.

Last edited:

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Yes kids make dumb decisions. This doesn’t fall under that category. Fuck that guy. He quit on a team that gave him a chance.
Honestly, in 95% of circumstances if players want to leave, whatever. But this whole thing - especially now seeing his uncle was talking about him leaving mid-season - was shady, and I won't be rooting for him the rest of the way.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
at the 4 or 5, or split?

would hate to see Josh O leave after just one year, unless the staff thinks he's waaaaay too far behind in his development to pay off.
He's a project. Always has been. I just think he's truly not ready for rotation minutes.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
This rule has benefited Iowa wrestling for a few years now. Just sucks to be on the wrong side of it.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
What happened to that Serbian kid?!?!

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wonder if he thought about going through the process this year. No real drawback.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Not all that surprising after everything at the end of the year. I don't think Keegan will be at Iowa after next year.
I hope not because I think that team would have nice potential. Keegan, Kris, Patrick, Perkins, and Ulis would be experienced juniors. Joe T would be a Senior. And then you add in Sandfort and Riley with a year. Maybe a good recruiting class in '22 as well.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I hope not because I think that team would have nice potential. Keegan, Kris, Patrick, Perkins, and Ulis would be experienced juniors. Joe T would be a Senior. And then you add in Sandfort and Riley with a year. Maybe a good recruiting class in '22 as well.
I think it will take him having a mediocre to shitty year and really really wanting to play with his brother to have him stay.

We should mostly be happy, will be the first player since Ricky Davis that had this much potential.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think it will take him having a mediocre to shitty year and really really wanting to play with his brother to have him stay.

We should mostly be happy, will be the first player since Ricky Davis that had this much potential.
I think the challenge for Keegan next season will be to continue to develop and produce when he is "the" guy...or one of them, at least. Last year he benefitted from having a team full of scorers that didn't depend on him to produce points so it will be interesting to see what he can do when he's expected to be a major contributor. He won't sneak up on anyone next year.

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think the challenge for Keegan next season will be to continue to develop and produce when he is "the" guy...or one of them, at least. Last year he benefitted from having a team full of scorers that didn't depend on him to produce points so it will be interesting to see what he can do when he's expected to be a major contributor. He won't sneak up on anyone next year.
I hope Fran doesn't put him in that position of being "the guy" where he needs to create shots for himself or others because that's not his game and he probably won't thrive in it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If we’re being honest with ourselves, this is much more entertaining than if they just returned who they were suppose to return.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Thank god you didn’t freak out when he committed.
Is there anyone else that so outwardly portrays superior knowledge that really doesn’t know what the fuck they’re talking about moreso than Bader?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Keegan is a big ol dick swinger. Anyone acting like they saw that coming can have a seat at halo small claims court.
Zero people saw it before the season. Is a single person saying they did?

It was discussed during the season and especially the end of the season multiple times. A poster on here knows a scout in an NBA front office and he said that they were tracking Keegan more than anyone on Iowa and his numbers were off the charts.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

It was discussed during the season and especially the end of the season multiple times. A poster on here knows a scout in an NBA front office and he said that they were tracking Keegan more than anyone on Iowa and his numbers were off the charts.
Literally no one saw it. I mean, he didn't even have mid-major offers IIRC. Clearly, Fran hit a homerun on this one.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

That was me and Keegan had a late first/early second-round grade on the Clipper's midseason draft board. He told me a few times that the combination of his natural measurements + efficiency (both O and D) were graded favorably. I kept telling him he was nuts and Keegan was nowhere near ready and barely was recruited; however, he pointed out how fans see "ready" (starter, 1st / 2nd team all-conference, dominant / can take over a game) vs. what teams are drafting for are very different. This was before Keegan really started getting major minutes and had a few breakout games. I brought this up when all we were talking about was Garza and Weiskamp's draft viability.