**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't want to overatate it, he's not going to knock around Cockburn, but Mulvey really does look like a human being compared to the photo with Fran.

For reference
Riley has a little Fran hyperbole to his interview game.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I don't want to overatate it, he's not going to knock around Cockburn, but Mulvey really does look like a human being compared to the photo with Fran.

For reference
Seems like a good kid.

Hope he goes 0-4 against ISU.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
All NIL is going to do is lead college players to selling shitty tshirts

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
The fucker is going to do something really stupid like write some marketing shit on his shoes for a game.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
Were he my kid I would be having the conversation with Jordan that Fran cannot/will not.

"Son, you're embarrassing yourself and our family. You can shut your mouth, play basketball, and be fondly remembered by Iowa fans as the look at your statistics in years to come, or you can be remembered as the douche who got his ass kicked in a bar fight and over-estimated his brand value by trying to sell stupid shit while he should have been focused on being a good teammate. Your choice."

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Were he my kid I would be having the conversation with Jordan that Fran cannot/will not.

"Son, you're embarrassing yourself and our family. You can shut your mouth, play basketball, and be fondly remembered by Iowa fans as the look at your statistics in years to come, or you can be remembered as the douche who got his ass kicked in a bar fight and over-estimated his brand value by trying to sell stupid shit while he should have been focused on being a good teammate. Your choice."
There are many reasons college is supposed to take a person four years to complete, and the adults in Jordan’s life should have helped him understand a few of them.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
They'll be using the Chug a Beer t-shirt model in the FLIGHT program for years.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
A few notes -- take them or leave them.

-- Garza worked out for the Clippers on Tuesday. GM loved him -- they went out to dinner. Garza's apparently making a shit ton of money on his NFTs and personalized videos (so he says). But overall, they still think he is super slow despite his weight loss. He was supposed to be matched up against Charles Bassey in 1v1 drills; however, Bassey came in late and they suspect he was ducking going 1v1 against Garza. Bassey just worked out with the coaches vs. going head to head with Garza. As such, Garza was matched up with a guy who was barely a G-league prospect and Garza didn't have a dominant showing. They then matched Garza up against smaller guys at the 4 in 1v1 and it wasn't any better. My buddy's opinion is that he will get drafted late, but others in their org think he won't get drafted at all.

-- He said Wieskamp is coming in for a workout in the next week, but thus far, he's still a middle to late second-rounder for them. I brought up that Wieskamp and Kispert are essentially the same player stat-wise and he responded: "Kispert is probably a bit overvalued and Wieskamp undervalued. However, Kispert plays with more force and moves without the ball a lot more. That's valued by a lot of organizations."

-- They have Keegan at 16 on their "way too early" board for next year.
Wieskamp cancelled his workout with the Clippers, non serious injury.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Say what you want to, but the end of the game and overtime was a magnum opus from Wade Lookingbill. He played his guts out and was a menace on the inbounds.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I forgot about the complete horseshit call on Lookingbill when Respert got so frustrated he grabbed him by the neck and threw him but somehow Wade was called for it.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
It’s possible that this game is the reason I felt “that Wade Lookingbill and Jay Webb weren’t so bad” for so many years.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Weird to see the clock keep running after made baskets at the end of the game.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Last minute of regulation and they’ve got Earl and Barnes and Lookingbill and Skillet and Smith out in the floor. And I had the nerve to be upset when they didn’t get out of the second round and held this year against Dr. Tom’s legacy.

Fuck me.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Last minute of regulation and they’ve got Earl and Barnes and Lookingbill and Skillet and Smith out in the floor. And I had the nerve to be upset when they didn’t get out of the second round and held this year against Dr. Tom’s legacy.

Fuck me.
lol this is the best post on this board since someone buttoned the top button