**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Fran and Margaret are great people. You all know that my son has special needs. They text him regularly, which he always responds with something about the cheerleaders. We have an open invitation to practices, but he won’t go anymore because of the lack of “ladies”.

Reaction score
Fran and Margaret are great people. You all know that my son has special needs. They text him regularly, which he always responds with something about the cheerleaders. We have an open invitation to practices, but he won’t go anymore because of the lack of “ladies”.
Gotta have priorities. Honorable IMO.

FatNTired

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
There is an undeniable theme among Iowa coaches and supporting great kids with needs. Really, it reflects the importance of the Reach program, Jon Teig has been the bat boy for over a decade, and it has provided such patience, understanding, and love for so many. Between your son, Jack Devlin, and Jonny, it makes better citizens.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
tree, nut.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
A record 6 B10+ games this season. That means a whole lotta Maddie for ole @Valp

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Lots of 8pm starts. I don’t know that all those btn+ games are set in stone

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Lol at the schedule this year compared to last year. I usually laugh off schedule concerns, but that might be the worst non-conference schedule they have had since Fran has been here.

The Big Ten schedule is also as soft as I can ever remember it. They get to play bottom feeders Penn State, Minnesota and Nebrantska twice.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Isn’t the thinking that with more conference games, non conference SOS doesn’t really matter as much?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Isn’t the thinking that with more conference games, non conference SOS doesn’t really matter as much?
Somewhat, but it can still screw your seed badly. I'm more just talking from a watchability and competitive standpoint. I get why they went light this year, but sheesh.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This year they don't get a Big East Challenge game, no Thanksgiving tourney and Iowa State is terrible. Virginia is pretty much the only game worth a shit outside of their Big Ten schedule.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Lol at the schedule this year compared to last year. I usually laugh off schedule concerns, but that might be the worst non-conference schedule they have had since Fran has been here.

The Big Ten schedule is also as soft as I can ever remember it. They get to play bottom feeders Penn State, Minnesota and Nebrantska twice.
They've really got to take care of business this year, because they absolutely won't get the benefit of the doubt if they have a middling conference record.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They've really got to take care of business this year, because they absolutely won't get the benefit of the doubt if they have a middling conference record.
They have to be no worse than 10-2 in the Non-Conference and more likely 11-1. Can't have a slip up beyond losing to Virginia and maybe Iowa State because it is on the road. Any other loss is devastating.

Then need at least 10-10 in conference to get a bid.

With all that said, I think they are going to be so much better than anyone is expecting given the media and others are picking them #9 or #10 in the conference.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
This year they don't get a Big East Challenge game, no Thanksgiving tourney and Iowa State is terrible. Virginia is pretty much the only game worth a shit outside of their Big Ten schedule.
I have no idea what Utah State is bringing back, but they are usually one of the stronger mid-majors. A neutral court game against Utah State would have been a Q1 victory last year.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I didn’t have any takers of the $50 throat punch either. Now doubled.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If you schedule light, you get streaming games. pretty simple.

That said, I have zero issues with BTN Plus.