**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
We usually had several of those coupon books they would hand out to students at the beginning of each year so we'd be able to get $5 pizzas from pizza hut/dominos/papa murphys all year round.

Had to be willing to spend the big bucks for a "four star" at OP.

Also worked at the Stein and would take boxes of square pizza home for my roommates at the end of the night.
Stein pizza always tasted amazing when you were hammered but if you ate it sober it was fucking terrible.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
Gumby’s, Secret Pizza, and Sam’s calzones as an undergrad.
I can agree on Gumby’s and Sam’s calzones. But secret pizza was scary shit. He advertised with us when I was running The Icon and he’d try and trade pizza for ad space. When he would show up with the pizza I’d see his nasty dirty fingernails and couldn’t touch a slice.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
We ordered a lot of Paul Revere's in my undergrad house.

1 Terminator plus breadsticks could feed like 5 for $5 each. Another one of those coupon deals you could order infinitely.
Back in the day I took great pride in being able to get hammered Wed - Sat nights on $10. You had to be a bargain shopper, but it was doable.

Donating plasma once/week provided half of the weekly liquor funds.

Yes, I am old.

Reaction score
Lived on Bowery St, just around the corner from one of the former Falbo’s locations. It was great to snag a couple slices on the way home from downtown but we always had a bunch of containers in our yard by Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My only real memory of POD is some friends and I taking large pulls of whiskey from a flask in the middle of it after that Black Keys concert that smelled like farts

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Where is the media day video? Can’t find it.

I have wagers to settle on frans hyperbole.

Hawkmi

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
My only real memory of POD is some friends and I taking large pulls of whiskey from a flask in the middle of it after that Black Keys concert that smelled like farts
We'd always just go to that little upstairs part there and have some late night coat cocktails.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Lived on Bowery St, just around the corner from one of the former Falbo’s locations. It was great to snag a couple slices on the way home from downtown but we always had a bunch of containers in our yard by Sunday morning.
Were we roommates?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Holy shit Fran dodged a huge bullet with this kid. Lazy, injury prone and now subject of a sexual assault investigation.

Reaction score
What an absolute fall from grace for Xavier Foster though. At one point thought to be a top 25 1-2 year then off to the NBA player.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
I mean, it isn't good to gloat given the circumstances, but that dipshit could not have made a worse decision. He would have been at Iowa with a coach and team that is like family surrounded by high character players.

Instead he goes to play for a fake charlatan like Steve Prohm and is surrounded by a bunch of low character individuals that sucked terribly.

What a fucking moron.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran let Foster know he was offering the Murrays and that it had no impact on the scholarship for him.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I mean, it isn't good to gloat given the circumstances, but that dipshit could not have made a worse decision. He would have been at Iowa with a coach and team that is like family surrounded by high character players.

Instead he goes to play for a fake charlatan like Steve Prohm and is surrounded by a bunch of low character individuals that sucked terribly.

What a fucking moron.
Have your fun with this but fuck off on ISU being "a bunch of low character individuals" and Iowa being a bunch of choir boys. Foster is who he was in high school which is a player both schools among many others were willing to look past his laziness hoping to coach that out of him.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Have your fun with this but fuck off on ISU being "a bunch of low character individuals" and Iowa being a bunch of choir boys. Foster is who he was in high school which is a player both schools among many others were willing to look past his laziness hoping to coach that out of him.
come on now. Iowa has and has had a bunch of dorks and good kids.

Iowa state has had kids leave the program on the regular lately.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Which is the dumbest thing you’ve ever said

douglasbader

Reaction score
It's the absolute truth though. Iowa State was loaded with a bunch of shitty characters with a loser coach and a pathetic loser team, and it likely didn't help him on any level and he would have been much better off at Iowa surrounded by choir boys.

Lol at saying the Iowa team isn't a bunch of choir boys. That is exactly what they were and are. It is the biggest program of dorks you are going to get.