**2021 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Would love to hear that person's views on Bill Cosby's case....

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran's Iowa teams are more likely to be Instagramed in their favorite fall sweater than getting shitfaced at a bar.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Have your fun with this but fuck off on ISU being "a bunch of low character individuals" and Iowa being a bunch of choir boys. Foster is who he was in high school which is a player both schools among many others were willing to look past his laziness hoping to coach that out of him.
Don't talk about Austin Ash like that

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Over the last 10 years, the amount of people who either quit or were kicked off an ISU team is likely damn near equivalent to the number of Iowa basketball players who got engaged before they graduated.
Saw this and thought of @StinkyMcFadden the other day:

“I bet he comes from a great two parent home.”

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Garza, bohannon and likely Wieskamp all gone. Major health concerns for Connor, Fredrick and Nunge. Unprecedented transfer rules.

I think it is obvious to say that next years team will look nothing like this years team did. Shooting and scoring will take a hit, but athleticism and defense should improve.

Here is where things would stand not including any transfers...

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Patrick / Kris Murray / Sandfort
Keegan Murray / Connor
Nunge / Ogundele

Fran is going to have to hit the ground running and pull in at least a couple of impact transfers, especially in the post and a shooter/scorer. I also think now would be the perfect time (should have come a year ago) for Fran to shake up his coaching staff. In person recruiting is going to be huge and they need someone who is competent at teaching defense.
As the world turns.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
As the world turns.
Yep, I pretty much nailed it. Shooting and scoring took a bit of a hit, but athleticism and defense have improved. Fran pulled an impact transfer that is a starter.

The only thing that didn't happen was any coaching shake up. Not a huge deal there since the defense is improving.

Thanks for bumping this and reminding me of what an incredible poster I am.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It’s painful to admit but I really like Connor right now. It helps he’s making some shots. Hell even taking them is a massive improvement. Not playing 5 v 4 on offense is so nice

If he continues for the next 8 games I’ll even forgive him for most of the last few years
It's like he just decided after the Purdue game that he was going to let it fly when he's open.