***2021 NCAAM Coaching Changes***

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ok, White Magic. Pull one quality transfer out of your hat.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ok, it's petty, but as far as I'm concerned the best part of the Indiana job being open is that Steve Alford will not be a finalist for the position.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Ok, it's petty, but as far as I'm concerned the best part of the Indiana job being open is that Steve Alford will not be a finalist for the position.
Are we actually sure about that?

I would assume both Minnesota and Indiana are checking to see if Beilein has any interest. Indiana fans have once again convinced themselves that it'll be Brad Stevens.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Why would you hire Alford at Indiana when he showed what he could(n't) do at UCLA? Three sweet sixteens, ok, but with teams that were largely expected to go much further, and he certainly wore out his welcome.

Of course, if Indiana hired him and he did his usual alienate-and-flame-out, that wouldn't be a bad result either.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Why would you hire Alford at Indiana when he showed what he could(n't) do at UCLA?

Of course, if Indiana hired him and he did his usual alienate-and-flame-out, that wouldn't be a bad result either.
At least it would be entertaining.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Why would you hire Alford at Indiana when he showed what he could(n't) do at UCLA? Three sweet sixteens, ok, but with teams that were largely expected to go much further, and he certainly wore out his welcome.

Plus that asshole would have to come back to Carver at least once as a result. Having gone to Iowa during the second half of his tenure, I for one relish the opportunity to boo his petulant ass.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Richard Pitino and Tim Miles are reportedly finalists for the New Mexico open position...Must be where Big 10 teams send refuse

CamelTones

Reaction score
Alford finished in 4th place in the Big Ten his last year at Iowa and didn’t even make the fucking NIT.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
No doubt Indiana is offering Beilein an absurd amount of money.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Was talking to an Indiana fan today and said I thought they would go hard after Beilein.

‘Don’t want him. Go hard after Stevens. If you can’t get him get Randy Whitman.’

I’m starting to figure out why they suck.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Was talking to an Indiana fan today and said I thought they would go hard after Beilein.

‘Don’t want him. Go hard after Stevens. If you can’t get him get Randy Whitman.’

I’m starting to figure out why they suck.
Beilein would stabilize them and get a 6 or better seed every year. Then go get the next big thing.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Beilein is 68. Not sure he’s interested in building a program again. It’s gonna take Indiana a year or two at least with great recruiting to get to the top echelon of the douche.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I love these top-tier coaches who are end of lifing themselves at smaller schools. Less media chaos, can fly under the radar, and recruit better players than you would typically be able to at those schools.

Reaction score

These guys are delusional. Brad Stevens is “wasting his coaching talent in the NBA.” Yes, coaching the best basketball players, in the best league in the world, is a waste of his talents. What in the actual fuck?!

Reaction score
I don't shit shit anything, pal
Pretty sure you shit shit on Fran 2 weeks ago. He wasn’t the man for the promise land or stupid farewell crap. I’m sure you will fit it for your narrative, but you are negative Nancy around here more times than not.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pretty sure you shit shit on Fran 2 weeks ago. He wasn’t the man for the promise land or stupid farewell crap. I’m sure you will fit it for your narrative, but you are negative Nancy around here more times than not.
I don't think that's particularly fair. I was pretty pissy and embarrassed myself two seasons ago, but I've admitted as much. Outside of Az, most of these fucks have let it go.

On the other hand, I did worry that Fran was kind of going to be stuck in the weird position where he has done well enough that we should be happy, but for whatever reason he hasn't been embraced by a lot of the fans.

I still do, kind of. Hopefully a sweet 16 will go a long ways into chilling people out. Check the replies to the contract extension tweet, they don't appear to be fans of a top 10 team. Call them Wal-Mart, but there is an unusually large chunk of our fans that seem to take pride in shit (shiting) on the program. Media types as well.

But I never did any farewell.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think that's particularly fair. I was pretty pissy and embarrassed myself two seasons ago, but I've admitted as much. Outside of Az, most of these fucks have let it go.

On the other hand, I did worry that Fran was kind of going to be stuck in the weird position where he has done well enough that we should be happy, but for whatever reason he hasn't been embraced by a lot of the fans.

I still do, kind of. Hopefully a sweet 16 will go along ways into chilling people out. Check the replies to the contract extension tweet, they don't appear to be fans of a top 10 team. Call them Wal-Mart, but there is an unusually large chunk of our fans that seem to take pride in shit (shiting) on the program. Media types as well.

But I never did any farewell.
Classy post, Strat.

CamelTones

Reaction score
So is the new Penn State coach not coaching Purdue at all in the tournament?

thrawn

Reaction score
Dave Leiato out at DePaul, which means it’s time for a new round of “DePaul is a sleeping giant!!” takes.

(they should send a brinks truck to the porter moser residence)

Reactions: BBK

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I have been lower on Iowa bball than I was after DePaul skull fucked us. Mostly because I was completely indifferent during the The Criminal years.

CamelTones

Reaction score
They’re none too happy all the top talent is leaving the state. Basically said it in this release.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Prohm out at ISU. Where do they go from here? Devries? Otselberger? Try to woo Fred back?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I might as well put it in here as well....

- Iowa State should be on the phone begging Archie Miller to take the job
- Same thing with Minnesota and Thad Matta
- Beilein would be a bad hire for Indiana, for them and him. If he takes anything it would be to go back to Michigan when Howard leaves for the NBA in a few months.
- Indiana should go all in on another cheater and hire Scott Drew. He would be scary as fuck there.