***2021 NCAAM Coaching Changes***

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Kyle green to ISU official. But all reporters saying they think AJ is staying in CF, which makes no fucking sense.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Kyle green to ISU official. But all reporters saying they think AJ is staying in CF, which makes no fucking sense.
I'm not that surprised, really. He went to UNI to play for his dad, but before long you have relationships with the rest of the program that are meaningful.

If he thinks he has a professional career ahead of him, running up big numbers is a more direct path than being a lesser player in the Big XII. He'll be Valley pre-season POY again next fall, and have a much more direct path to a tournament appearance than he'd have in Ames.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
So, they're really doing the whole recruit Iowa thing. I get the feeling they think they'll get the 4 and occasional 5 star kids and pass on the rest, but in reality they'll be competing with Iowa for the Sandforts and McCabes. Which clearly works, as evinced by Iowa's lack of any meaningful success during the last few decades.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever read. My cousins husband did something similar, lived in North Liberty, accepted a job in Des Moines and said he wouldn’t mind the drive everyday. He lasted a month.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm going to guess he isn't commuting every day and will have an apartment or rental as well.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I mean, you would pretty much have to in the winter with a college basketball schedule and weather conditions.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I actually think this is going to be a good fit.

Plus, I think it makes it harder for the Badgers to keep kids in state. We saw some of this with Woj but I think Shaka will do a better job.
Yes I agree it's a very good fit. Love that it hurts wisconsin and hopefully otzelberger in recruiting in the state. Just lovely

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I actually think this is going to be a good fit.

Plus, I think it makes it harder for the Badgers to keep kids in state. We saw some of this with Woj but I think Shaka will do a better job.
I am optimistic it will be a good match. Both Shaka and Marquette badly needed a change. I envision Shaka to get back to recruiting similar athletes that Buzz Williams did while at MU and keep the Milwaukee talent from leaving the state which has been a problem. MU didn’t have too many recruiting battles with Wisconsin during the Buzz years and Wojo didn’t bother with in-state kids at the end so I’m not sure much will change there.

Reaction score
I think he’s gonna be really good there. He still had good defenses at Texas but things were different with the constant turnover and guys leaving early. He’ll have a super athletic team but be able to get older teams and culture like they had at VCU. Big East is a good fit.

Hopefully Ewing builds on momentum, UCONN gets good and that’s a fun league again. Syracuse needs to get back there somehow.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I am optimistic it will be a good match. Both Shaka and Marquette badly needed a change. I envision Shaka to get back to recruiting similar athletes that Buzz Williams did while at MU and keep the Milwaukee talent from leaving the state which has been a problem. MU didn’t have too many recruiting battles with Wisconsin during the Buzz years and Wojo didn’t bother with in-state kids at the end so I’m not sure much will change there.
I actually think it will.

I think a guy like Johnny Davis who ended up at Wisconsin will be a guy that Shaka pursues. Athletic wing who can create is exactly what fits his system. The "3 and D" guys like Brevin Pritzl will still go to UW but MU probably isn't in pursuit of them anyway. This basically closes the door on Wisconsin getting the more athletic players in the state that want to play more up-tempo.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
What’s the story?
He supposedly did not do anything other than support his players kneeling for the anthem. There was a lot of redneck blowback from donors. Of course he is shady as fuck so he probably would’ve got fired at some point anyway.Fran should absolutely pick him up.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Sal thinks someone in Iowa is responsible for this

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Iowa did have a “donor” pull support over the issue.
And I believe most people, from what I saw anyway, thought they were huge douche bags for it. And that situation is nothing like actual politicians getting involved

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
This going to lead to some interesting dominoes falling?