***2021 NCAAM Coaching Changes***

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
I don’t see Few leaving. I think he’s a huge outdoors guy I loves the PNW
Even other than that, why would he want to go anywhere else? He's got a machine going at Gonzaga. Basically a guaranteed conference championship every year, typically Sweet-16 or better in the tourney, not really under any huge pressure or media scrutiny, gets great recruits.

I don't know what the salary differential is between Gonzaga and UNC, but it would have to be pretty big to get me to leave that.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I’m surprised to see Mark Turgeon so high on those odds. He didn’t go to school there. He has never coached there. He is a fine coach, but not that good.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I’m surprised to see Mark Turgeon so high on those odds. He didn’t go to school there. He has never coached there. He is a fine coach, but not that good.
Yeah, the part in red won't cut it at North Carolina.

2021-04-02 09_54_14-Mark Turgeon - Wikipedia.png

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
That isn’t the best, but North Carolina is the type of job most decent coaches would win at. They can do better, though.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
That sounds cheap as fuck. What am I missing?

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
He's not, we were just talking about him as an up and coming guy we'd like to see at Iowa.
The only so-very-loose-call-the-Register Iowa tie I know is that he was the high school coach of E. C. Matthews when Iowa recruited him. The story I read is that Danny Hurley, Rhode Island coach at the time, really liked Oats when recruiting Matthews. Recommended him to his brother Bobby when he got the Buffalo job. Oats became an assistant under Bobby then became the head coach when Bobby went to ASU. Then he did well there and parlayed that to the Bama job.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
huh. Didn't think they'd do it. Must really want to keep it in the UNC family.
Last four coaches after Smith, all with ties to Dean Smith; Guthridge, Doherty, Williams, and now apparently Davis too.

Very insular environment there.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Is there a nerdier name for a black guy than Hubert?

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I bet he can still beat most those guys in a game of horse

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
lead recruiter on a lot of studs, understands the system Roy ran, can probably relate and motivate better.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Might not work out, but I don’t think that’s a great comp. Otz‘s main qualification is having been in Ames when they were decent a few years ago. Adams is an internal guy who is credited with making their defense elite.
Otz was the bag man for ISU’s best run ever. Some comparison IMO

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Last four coaches after Smith, all with ties to Dean Smith; Guthridge, Doherty, Williams, and now apparently Davis too.

Very insular environment there.
I have a feeling old Hubert will be closer to Guthridge and Doherty than he will Roy.