2022 Basketball Recruiting

Reaction score
DasonteBowen.png

Dasonte Bowen is the kid I'm most intrigued by at this point. Some details:
  • Prep school teammate of Josh Ogundele
  • Iowa was his first offer
  • Visited Iowa October 19, 2019
  • Told a Rutgers reporter Iowa is recruiting him hardest
  • Besides Iowa, currently has offers from Rutgers, Georgetown, Rhode Island and UMASS

Last edited:
Reaction score
RileyMulvey.jpg

Riley Mulvey is another promising player who visited in the fall. He doesn't have an Iowa offer yet, but I would be very surprised if he doesn't get one at some point. He plays at Albany Prep, which is the school Iowa unsuccessfully recruited Andre Jackson from in the 2020 recruiting cycle. Coach Fran surely has some connections via his time at Siena, which is Mulvey's only offer currently. He's pretty coordinated for a 6-11 sophomore and with his long arms, he looks like he would be a strong defensive presence at the college level.

Attachments

Reaction score
TreyLewis.jpg

Trey Lewis from Johnston is another 2022 PG the staff seems to like a lot.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I dont think Lewis is gonna be big ten level, unfortunately. Just not good enough for his size. Known his dad for a long time, he’s a great dude. Played hoops and football at southeastern and football at Coe. FYI Treys younger sister is supposedly one of the top kids in the country in her class.

But most importantly we won back to back WDM C league titles before walking away into retirement at the pinnacle. His dad can play.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Never ever forget Chet what’s his nuts.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
For the millionth time if Fran is in on this kid this early, he’s likely going to be pretty good.
Or you could go through the various threads for each recruiting year on here and see that is not to be true that they'll all be likely pretty good". Just like every other coach there are plenty of players he's "in on early" that don't pan out.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
For the millionth time if Fran is in on this kid this early, he’s likely going to be pretty good.
I’m playing the LATFG game. I know nothing more of this kid besides this:
1587056514906.jpeg

Reactions: BBK

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Riley Mulvey. Albany, NY - 2022. PositionCenter Height6'7” Weight80 lbs. HometownAlbany, NY Class2022.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Anthony Ray also posted it. He runs AZ Preps as well as Arizona Magic.
But you’re AZmess, shouldn’t you have the scoop? Don’t let them scoop you, save it for the pod.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Any chances Iowa may have had take a hit when these kids move to Arizona.