2022 Basketball Recruiting

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I actually like that goggles kid.

Can you imagine how much other teams and their fans would hate that fuck? It would be worth the scholarship.
Kinda reminds me of a more skilled version of Brennan Cougill.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You realize we've had more to say about a fat kid without an offer than about any active '22 recruit?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
My mans gonna need a dermatologist, as well.
How fast does he hit the escape hatch when he hears “shirts and skins”.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
He plans to visit Iowa.

In the event that Bowen doesn't come and also to create a competitive market, nice to see there are other irons in the fire. Going back to the posts about best Iowa recruits ever, he would arguably be #1 maybe #2.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Kakert said on his podcast today that Fran has taken over recruiting from his assistants. The players are saying most schools they talk to the assistants then the head coach. With Iowa it’s been Fran with an assistant sprinkled in.

Fran might need new assistants.

Last edited:

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Kakert said on his podcast today that Fran has taken over recruiting from his assistants. The players are saying most schools they talk to the assistants then the head coach. With Iowa it’s been Fran with an assistant sprinkler in.

Or, he realizes how important the 2022 class is and wants a couple homeruns

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Kakert said on his podcast today that Fran has taken over recruiting from his assistants. The players are saying most schools they talk to the assistants then the head coach. With Iowa it’s been Fran with an assistant sprinkler in.

Pretty sweet for Fran to get all that in while on vacation.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Maybe new assistants are planned before next season?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

The assistants certainly have good jobs when you see how hard assistants at other schools recruit.

Speraw seems to be the coach Fran relies on most during games and practices
Eldridge someone on here posted was the guy establishing relationships with recruiting, he's the director of recruiting
Taylor has a good track record as an assistant and head coach, so I'm guessing his value to Fran is in game and practice prep
Sherm dresses nice

Certainly room for improvement.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The assistants certainly have good jobs when you see how hard assistants at other schools recruit.

Speraw seems to be the coach Fran relies on most during games and practices
Eldridge someone on here posted was the guy establishing relationships with recruiting, he's the director of recruiting
Taylor has a good track record as an assistant and head coach, so I'm guessing his value to Fran is in game and practice prep
Sherm dresses nice

Certainly room for improvement.
I think Sherm works harder at the nightlife than he does recruiting.
Also not sure Speraw does much of anything with recruiting.

It would be nice if those two both retire and we can get some young guys in there.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think Sherm works harder at the nightlife than he does recruiting.
Also not sure Speraw does much of anything with recruiting.

It would be nice if those two both retire and we can get some young guys in there.
I am warming up to the idea of horner as an assistant. He appears to be a good coach and I think he would be able to get most Iowa kids.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I am warming up to the idea of horner as an assistant. He appears to be a good coach and I think he would be able to get most Iowa kids.
Ive heard (3rd hand info, take it for what it's worth) he's had some personal problems at Truman state, the kind that doesn't seem to make it likely he would be a candidate at major programs

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’d guess Gatens would be the next guy Fran would hire.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Horner hates the McCaffreys so there is no way he will ever be an assistant here under Fran. The feeling could be mutual, I’m guessing.

hawkstud44

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Fran almost hired Jeff to be a grad assistant. Something go sour since?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Ive heard (3rd hand info, take it for what it's worth) he's had some personal problems at Truman state, the kind that doesn't seem to make it likely he would be a candidate at major programs
Yeah that’s completely untrue.

Reaction score
All of these 4 star and high 3 star targets have specifically mentioned that Fran has been the main contact and how that’s a big reason they like Iowa.

Might be a good thing for recruiting in this class but you’d think Fran would be getting tired of that. He’s loyal as hell though so who knows. I can see having one assistant like Speraw so doesn’t do much other than in state guys but kind of weird across the board. Eldridge gets some mentions with east coast connections, Dillard as an extra guy in touch. Not much on Taylor.