2022 Basketball Recruiting

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Admittedly I have my hopes set for someone a little more in demand than Bailey with the other scholarships right now

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Bowen is a great get. Any idea on his actual height? I have seen everything from 6' to 6'3. Either way, his film is very impressive and feels like a 4 star recruit. Now, get Josh Dix on board.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind havin Dix on our poop deck

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Sounds like on the other site that Isaacs isn't visiting Iowa any longer. Not surprising with Bowen on board, but I will be forever scarred if Bowen gets an offer from a school he can't turn down and decommits.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Sounds like on the other site that Isaacs isn't visiting Iowa any longer. Not surprising with Bowen on board, but I will be forever scarred if Bowen gets an offer from a school he can't turn down and decommits.
Despite the fact that basketball recruiting is shady as fuck, with no facts other than my gut to support this statement it seems like decommitments happen a lot less frequently in basketball recruiting compared to football.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah, that feels correct. Less decommits but more transfers.

Reaction score
Reading the tea leaves, it seems the staff thinks they still have a shot at Tyler Nickel taking the wing scholarship in this class. I would guess that’s why the visits for Dix and Kam Craft (upcoming) have been unofficials.

Nickel is saying he isn’t going to commit until the fall, though Bowen said something similar. Does the staff try to get Dix and Craft to delay their decision and thus potentially lose them to a school whose offer is committable now?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Rivals has a couple articles up about North Carolina’s interest in Nickel. 247 has his top 4 as Iowa, LSU, NC State and Virginia Tech.

Tonight is the first time I’ve heard of him.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I learned a long time that bribing people to say glowing things about you is important to career success.

Reaction score
Purdue now has commits from two wings in the 2022 class. From reading their Rivals board, it looks like they don’t have room for Dix anymore, unless they oversign.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
say hello to your next shooting guard

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

CamelTones

Reaction score
Reading the tea leaves, it seems the staff thinks they still have a shot at Tyler Nickel taking the wing scholarship in this class. I would guess that’s why the visits for Dix and Kam Craft (upcoming) have been unofficials.

Nickel is saying he isn’t going to commit until the fall, though Bowen said something similar. Does the staff try to get Dix and Craft to delay their decision and thus potentially lose them to a school whose offer is committable now?
I don’t know why you wouldn’t just load up with as many shooters as possible. They can always take Patrick off scholarship, Keegan might enter the draft, Rebracca may get a European offer he can’t refuse, and you’re likely to lose at least 1 player to the portal.

It would also be smart to ride the wave of Garza winning all of the national awards.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Kyle Filipowski's official visit has been pushed back, will be his fifth and final official visit after Duke. I don't know how much it really matters, but all things being equal, being last seems good.

Especially after Duke. No way will he commit to Duke before he sees Iowa.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You think they will stop cheating because Roy left?

No, but they won't be as good at it.

Aidan Shaw is on his official visit. Tough to get an out of state kid with a Kansas offer, but the official visitor list has been pretty impressive this year.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
No, but they won't be as good at it.

Aidan Shaw is on his official visit. Tough to get an out of state kid with a Kansas offer, but the official visitor list has been pretty impressive this year.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Jaden Schutt was on campus for an unofficial yesterday as well.