2022 Basketball Recruiting

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Look Doug, if Fran lands Kohler, ok, bowls and bowls and bowls of poop, but it looks like it's him or no at this point.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wonder if Fran takes a closer look at ol' Pete Moe

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wonder if Fran takes a closer look at ol' Pete Moe
Probably not. His projection seems to be mid-major, despite the numbers he put up at West last year. If he comes to Iowa he's a walk-on like Carter Kingsbury, or spring fallback.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Probably not. His projection seems to be mid-major, despite the numbers he put up at West last year. If he comes to Iowa he's a walk-on like Carter Kingsbury, or spring fallback.
The move to Iowa city seems weird if he wasn’t trying to get an offer from Fran. I know his dad wanted to finish school, but he did not have to be living in town to do that.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The move to Iowa city seems weird if he wasn’t trying to get an offer from Fran. I know his dad wanted to finish school, but he did not have to be living in town to do that.
Indeed.

Was he on the AAU circuit? None of the services rate him, and his interest (no offers yet) lists are pretty mid-major-meh.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
As expected Shaw commits to Missouri.

I like Bowen and Dix (lulz), but I'd be lying if I wasn't disappointed that they couldn't grab a ranked wing.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Damn, that was sort of feeling like a Tyler cook situation to me. Didn’t think we’re going to get them then suddenly he commits.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Recruiting is a funny thing. You finally put two kids in the league and then can't land ranked kids at those two positions.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
gotta love some big ol ranked Dix

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I think of him in a few minutes.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That’s OK. It’s pretty much a 50-50 chance that Mulvey will randomly make the all freshman team.
That spring vid where he went between his legs going up for the dunk showed some coordination and athleticism for a big man. Hopefully, he is smart at playing basketball. Combine a good BB IQ with his now looking like a six-eleven Hoss Cartwright, and you might just have a player.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I know this is a "we never wanted him anyways", but the California kid that ended up at Michigan State was pretty unimpressive on film. He reminds me of Hauser, who has fucking sucked at Michigan State.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I know this is a "we never wanted him anyways", but the California kid that ended up at Michigan State was pretty unimpressive on film. He reminds me of Hauser, who has fucking sucked at Michigan State.
Seemed like his offer list matched that of a good but not great prospect, until his 50+ point outburst at a tournament.

Still think Fran would do great things with him, but I'm absolutely more bummed about other misses than Kohler

Squat Cobbler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Reaction score
Interesting to note that TJ Power is still considering reclassifying into the 2022 class. He likes Iowa and position-wise would be a good fit in this class for the Hawkeyes.

Reaction score
Based on early results, it looks like Dasonte Bowen is the best player on a LOADED Brewster Academy squad.

I think he backs up Perkins at the 2 next season and then depending on how Ulis develops, Fran might just hand the reins to Bowen the year after that.