2022 Basketball Recruiting

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I couldn't find a profile, but his videos look athletic and agressive. 6'3 might be generous.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran looking to the Key City for rebounding help?

I hope not. I don't think Fens is a Big Ten level recruit. Not a real fluid athlete at all. He is big and strong but with an ok post game but that's about it. Not much of a shooter yet either.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I hope not. I don't think Fens is a Big Ten level recruit. Not a real fluid athlete at all. He is big and strong but with an ok post game but that's about it. Not much of a shooter yet either.
His dad was a big dude also. I think he was a few years behind me at Hempstead and play college ball somewhere, I don't remember where

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
His dad was a big dude also. I think he was a few years behind me at Hempstead and play college ball somewhere, I don't remember where
Yea I have no doubt Cameron could hold his own defensively but I just don't see how he fits on the offensive side of the ball. He can't shoot and he's not quick or athletic. He would likely be a cog in Fran's system unless he truly had Garza like footwork and post game. But he doesn't show that yet.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I would take a center that can defend the rim and rebound. Is he so slow he can't do that?

Reaction score
I don’t recall him being a particularly good rebounder. Better than anyone on this team, yes, but that isn’t saying much.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I don’t recall him being a particularly good rebounder. Better than anyone on this team, yes, but that isn’t saying much.
He basically led the Big Ten in rebounding his senior year. Finished like 2 rebounds behind that goon from Michigan State.

Woodbury was so much better than IowaFan gives him credit for. He was pretty much the main reason Iowa had a good defense for a few years during the Fran era.

We would kill for him this year.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score
Uh yes please.
My position on Woody was always clear. I am on the right side of history. I was leading the witness so to speak for Hans to reveal himself as IowaFan or an actual knowledgeable Iowa bball fan.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He basically led the Big Ten in rebounding his senior year. Finished like 2 rebounds behind that goon from Michigan State.

Woodbury was so much better than IowaFan gives him credit for. He was pretty much the main reason Iowa had a good defense for a few years during the Fran era.

We would kill for him this year.
Woody was really good his Senior year and would obviously help this year. But like most big men, he struggled his first couple years.

Fens could be good after a few years but would not be anywhere close to Senior year Woody his first couple years. He also doesn't move near as well as Woody did. Plus, Woody really knew the defensive assignments.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Woody was really good his Senior year and would obviously help this year. But like most big men, he struggled his first couple years.

Fens could be good after a few years but would not be anywhere close to Senior year Woody his first couple years. He also doesn't move near as well as Woody did. Plus, Woody really knew the defensive assignments.
He also got caught between eras of basketball and that contributed to people being hard on him. He would never be rated as high today as he was in the mid 10's. Doubt he would have been a Top 100 rated player in 2021 and would have been seen as more of a project.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He also got caught between eras of basketball and that contributed to people being hard on him. He would never be rated as high today as he was in the mid 10's. Doubt he would have been a Top 100 rated player in 2021 and would have been seen as more of a project.
I have this theory that if Woody had been a 3 star recruit, he would have been loved by the fanbase. That and everyone looks at the ppg stat as the first sign of greatness. But Woody might be the best defensive player Fran has had.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Also it was a really dead period for Iowa recruiting and we were super excited to get a 4* recruit. The guy was the #50 recruit in his class but people expected him to play like a lottery pick.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I have this theory that if Woody had been a 3 star recruit, he would have been loved by the fanbase. That and everyone looks at the ppg stat as the first sign of greatness. But Woody might be the best defensive player Fran has had.
I really think the whole dunking thing pissed a lot of fans off for some dumb reason.

Reaction score
I really think the whole dunking thing pissed a lot of fans off for some dumb reason.
Of course it did. “You’re 7 feet tall, dunk the damn ball!!!” was a constant. We all get that and he could be frustrating offensively at times. But our fans love to bitch about highly ranked recruits and are also really dumb in a lot of cases.

Cook didn’t get bitched about as often but “good luck in the NBA, lol!” was a constant there too.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Seems like that Trey Lewis from Johnston should be receiving more interest from smaller schools by now. 247 shows no offers. I assume it’s because he’s short, but what else is going on? He’s absolutely dominating 4A this season.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Seems like that Trey Lewis from Johnston should be receiving more interest from smaller schools by now. 247 shows no offers. I assume it’s because he’s short, but what else is going on? He’s absolutely dominating 4A this season.
Yeah, he’s short. But I would think low majors would be all over him.