2022 Football Recruiting

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Negative recruiting
I don't believe that, because if that's really what turned the tide, Micah is a fucking idiot.

Let Iowa back into his recruitment, even peg them as the leader for most of it, only to change your tune after a few days of talking with other coaches? Not buying it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I assume this is the recruitment Tyler Barnes was referencing in his most recent tweet.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
More nil money at Auburn.
Bullshit. Hes getting bad advice. Unless Iowa donors just flat out aren’t going to play the game an Iowa TE has more nil potential than an Auburn one. Plus, that’s pennies on the dollar when you consider Iowa’s track record of preparing their TEs for the NFL. He’s choosing a new staff at Auburn without a TE track record and the rumor is that it’s for NIL. Shitty decision making.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Who are the Iowa bag men? I assume promises of overpriced endorsement deals will be made, and then delivered on after commitment. $50k to do a couple personal appearances or something.

Shawneemicks

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Based on early & mid results COVID19 limiting visits & interactions is having a significant negative affect on Iowa’s recruiting. Hopefully they limit this to just the 22 class

Reaction score
The staff is really struggling in recruiting right now. They’re losing recruits who were on the verge of committing.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
The staff is really struggling in recruiting right now. They’re losing recruits who were on the verge of committing.
Well, if that is the case, this was going to be the class it happened after everything.

The on the field is going to either fix it or make it worse this year.

Reaction score
I get the impression the negative recruiting is more on the Kirk is going to retire tip . Which he probably will. And i Don’t see Iowa making B Ferentz coach in waiting at this point ( and would be pissed if they did)

Shawneemicks

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa is in full scramble mode…top three have gone out the gate. Not good

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Kid looks like a retard tweaker so it makes sense.

Reaction score
As if half these guys are gonna stay committed to their original school through the year anyway

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa lands a wide receiver recruit that they wanted: No one posts it in this thread for 6 hours.

Iowa loses out on a couple tight end recruits: SCRAMBLE MODE
Especially LOL worthy given that Iowa is already loaded with stud TE's from top to bottom. If they miss out on a year, they have more than enough to cover it.

Reaction score
Riley-Ducker growing up a hawkeye fan and a well regarded recruit at a position where Iowa has excelled I think is what probably is the reason why some are panicking. He should have been a lock.

I agree Iowa is usually fine at the tight end position, but there's been a lot of misses the last two years.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Riley-Ducker growing up a hawkeye fan and a well regarded recruit at a position where Iowa has excelled I think is what probably is the reason why some are panicking. He should have been a lock.

I agree Iowa is usually fine at the tight end position, but there's been a lot of misses the last two years.
I would say more of a bullet dodged in some cases like Fidone.

Reaction score
I would say more of a bullet dodged in some cases like Fidone.
Not just him, but last year guys like Helm, Theo Johnson, and Carnie were close but Iowa just couldn't land them. Michael trigg wanted the Iowa offer then wanted nothing to do with Iowa. This year I thought R-D was a lock and then they could also pull Keller as a developmental guy.

I guess I just don't understand it. Consistently have great TEs that they utilize. 3 recent NFL stars at the position. A wide open depth chart next year especially if LaPorta has a great season.

Freaking about about nothing I know, but I want Ames to burn.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Wasn’t his decision based on his parents thinking he could make more with NIL money at Auburn?

If true that sounds like a dodged bullet and future transfer portal lock.

Reaction score
Wasn’t his decision based on his parents thinking he could make more with NIL money at Auburn?

If true that sounds like a dodged bullet and future transfer portal lock.
That is fucking insane though that Iowa can't beat into their brains the dollars (likely millions in the NFL) and cents (maybe thousands of auburn NIL)

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
That is fucking insane though that Iowa can't beat into their brains the dollars (likely millions in the NFL) and cents (maybe thousands of auburn NIL)
I’m sure Auburn is beating into their brains that they could have both.