2022 Football Recruiting

Reaction score
Except it's usually 2 weekends. Once at home and then once on the road when the other team celebrates* the holiday.

*exploits

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Faggot Fleck supposedly pulling in 4 of top 9 Illinois recruits- bunch of 4 stars....what's up with that. That will not do.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Faggot Fleck supposedly pulling in 4 of top 9 Illinois recruits- bunch of 4 stars....what's up with that. That will not do.
Northwestern and Illinois suck. Iowa got the guys they wanted out of there. Fleck has recruited that area before and won 11 games last year and kids fall for his bullshit.

Not all that surprising.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Not a sour grapes thing, but most Illinois recruits are usually overrated. Lineman are usually ok, everything else is hit or miss.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Northwestern and Illinois suck. Iowa got the guys they wanted out of there. Fleck has recruited that area before and won 11 games last year and kids fall for his bullshit.

Not all that surprising.
and Fleck does high pressure while they are on campus and has a lot decommit later

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
I've always thought that Minnesota could be an attractive option if the right person was selling it. Minnesota is a good school with deep pockets located in an increasingly "cool" urban environment. Large student population and lot's of job options for those going pro in something other than sports.

The 2 biggest detractors are the weather (biggie) and minimal fan support in a sports saturated market. If Fleck keeps producing winners the fans will continue to show up. A lot of fans were on the fence with Fleck and didn't like his antics, but as long as he produces wins those concerns will fall to the wayside.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking. The Gophers feasted on some serious luck and a weak ass schedule. They were like 3 or 4 absolutely ridiculous 4th down or lose plays from losing 3 additional games. They won 11 and are getting some mileage out of that. I figured they were going down to Auburn large, which suprised, so that put a positive spin on the end of the season after losing to IOWA and WISC.

Hopefully they come back to earth this season, so they dont have the opportunity to build something. Having Tanner Morgan gain some serious confidence combined with some weapons left in the cupboard makes it a bit easier for them.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking. The Gophers feasted on some serious luck and a weak ass schedule. They were like 3 or 4 absolutely ridiculous 4th down or lose plays from losing 3 additional games. They won 11 and are getting some mileage out of that. Hopefully they come back to earth this season, so they dont have the opportunity to build something. Having Tanner Morgan gain some serious confidence combined with some weapons left in the cupboard makes it a bit easier for them.
They return Morgan, multiple good receivers, a good RB and the entire offensive line. Defense is a huge question mark and I also think they were closer to a 8 win team, but they could have another good year.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Minnesota will be better but they’ll always be Minnesota. Wisconsin is the only team that has really stepped up and sustained it for an extended period of time.

Just thinking about recruiting, I don’t remember Wisconsin ever having a great recruiting class. They’ve always gone after the types of guys that make their system work. Done it with tons of walkons and development. MSU and Iowa saw a jump in their recruiting and a drop off in productio

Off the top of my head Iowa has suppose to be afraid of the following guys while Kirks been here:

Frost
Harbaugh
Fleck
Brewster
Zook
Brohm
Campbell
Rhoades
Lovie Smith
Dantonio

James Franklin and Urban were the only 2 that have really had Kirks number.

The game is still about development, blocking and tackling.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Wisconsin seemingly always has NFL talent on the OLine and has had a ridiculous string of Running Backs

I think Kirk would probably tell you that teams are going to win a lot of games when they can efficiently run the ball

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Minnesota loses a fair number of significant guys after years 1 and 2. Fleck's bullshit wears thin with those kids.

Their athletic village complex is an impressive selling point. They don't have it all paid for yet, and with COVID taking a huge chunk out of their athletic budget, it may cost them several sports to pay it off.

FatNTired

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Minnesota loses a fair number of significant guys after years 1 and 2. Fleck's bullshit wears thin with those kids.

Their athletic village complex is an impressive selling point. They don't have it all paid for yet, and with COVID taking a huge chunk out of their athletic budget, it may cost them several sports to pay it off.
I don’t know the exact figure, but the total tab was $166 million and they are closer to $100 million raised than $125 million. It’s a lot harder to raise money for a building already constructed. That’s from unfortunate experience.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
I don’t know the exact figure, but the total tab was $166 million and they are closer to $100 million raised than $125 million. It’s a lot harder to raise money for a building already constructed. That’s from unfortunate experience.
They were optimistic that the football team's success would bolster fundraising, but then COVID-19 came along. They don't have a lot of options.

FatNTired

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
They were optimistic that the football team's success would bolster fundraising, but then COVID-19 came along. They don't have a lot of options.
Maybe they can go on their knees to Denny Sanford for the millionth time.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
I think that well is dry.

As nice as their complex is, I’ve heard Fleck wants some add ons that are big ticket items.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
I had to google Denny Sanford. Wow I had no idea who he was. What an amazing philanthropist.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Yeah, that dude has given away some money. Good thing he’s got another couple billion.

FatNTired

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think that well is dry.

As nice as their complex is, I’ve heard Fleck wants some add ons that are big ticket items.
I had to google Denny Sanford. Wow I had no idea who he was. What an amazing philanthropist.
He's an incredible philanthropist. His giving to Minnesota is quite nominal compared to his giving elsewhere and it offends Gopher loyalists. I think he became disgruntled that TCF got the naming rights to the stadium and hasn't made a major gift in the last decade. With that said, Sanford gives to causes that serve the greater good better than D1 athletics.

Edit: I see Wikipedia confirms the naming rights snafu.

thrawn

Reaction score
He's an incredible philanthropist. His giving to Minnesota is quite nominal compared to his giving elsewhere and it offends Gopher loyalists. I think he became disgruntled that TCF got the naming rights to the stadium and hasn't made a major gift in the last decade. With that said, Sanford gives to causes that serve the greater good better than D1 athletics.

We just gonna ignore the subprime credit cards stuff?

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

I worded my response incorrectly. That well is dry for the gophers.
They embarrassed him and strung him along with the stadium naming rights. I haven’t looked at what wiki says, but as I recall he was ready to make a huge donation early in the process for naming rights. The timing and the size of the donation scared off many other bidders. The U of M leaked comments to the press questioning if he had the money to give in order to get other bidders involved and increase final price tag. That was another project that they built without having the necessary funds for completion.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Tyrone's little brother. He looks a bit longer than Tyrone but it might just be that he's thin at this point in his career

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Thread on TOS where Josh Helmholdt is talking about this class and how great it is. Says he thinks Aaron Graves from Gowrie will be #1 recruit in the class. That's saying something considering Nwankpa's offers so far.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Deyo will be a big recruit too.

I get the feeling Nwankpa is going somewhere else, but I had the same feelings on Gavin Williams