2022 Football Recruiting

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
for athletes iowa has to follow the douches policy which is higher core course reqs than the bare NCAA minimum.
Sure I'd believe that, but Iowa and Iowa State both have higher than the bare NCAA minimums. I've yet to see any proof that the minimum requirements for either school is substantially different (or different at all) when comparing Iowa to ISU.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Sure I'd believe that, but Iowa and Iowa State both have higher than the bare NCAA minimums. I've yet to see any proof that the minimum requirements for either school is substantially different (or different at all) when comparing Iowa to ISU.
the entrance requirements are similar. Graduation rates, not so much.

eclone

Reaction score
the entrance requirements are similar. Graduation rates, not so much.
Their elevations above sea level are also not so much similar. And similarly also not so much what we're discussing.

1626108747423.png

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
One team had Troy Davis, one team hasn't

Reaction score
From KState Online:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH DEYO

Everyone saw that Council Bluffs defensive tackle Hunter Deyo
chose Iowa State on Saturday. The four-star lineman is a high school teammate of current tight end commit
Brayden Loftin

Yes, the blue-chip recruit also had offers from Iowa, Oregon and K-State as well. In fact, as of a month ago, all three of those programs were actually ahead of the Cyclones for his services.
But there is some question as to if he will qualify, and some of the coaching staffs weren't blown away by his performance when he competed in front of them, either.
At the moment, it is fair to say that there is clear indifference on his ranking between Power Five coaching staffs and the recruiting services.
What we do know is that the Wildcats were not an option, and neither were the Hawkeyes or Ducks.

HR poster jon55 (is he former Iowa DT #55 Jon Lafleur?) is hearing 1.7 GPA.

eclone

Reaction score
From KState Online:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH DEYO

Everyone saw that Council Bluffs defensive tackle Hunter Deyo
chose Iowa State on Saturday. The four-star lineman is a high school teammate of current tight end commit
Brayden Loftin

Yes, the blue-chip recruit also had offers from Iowa, Oregon and K-State as well. In fact, as of a month ago, all three of those programs were actually ahead of the Cyclones for his services.
But there is some question as to if he will qualify, and some of the coaching staffs weren't blown away by his performance when he competed in front of them, either.
At the moment, it is fair to say that there is clear indifference on his ranking between Power Five coaching staffs and the recruiting services.
What we do know is that the Wildcats were not an option, and neither were the Hawkeyes or Ducks.

HR poster jon55 (is he former Iowa DT #55 Jon Lafleur?) is hearing 1.7 GPA.
We don’t want him anyway.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I don't think Troy gets into ISU today

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa State's acceptance rate is 92.1%. Holy shit

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
We don’t want him anyway.
It's a real accomplishment. Iowa State finally won a recruiting battle against Iowa, and it only took five years, the second (2nd) 9-win season in program history, a BCS berth in a plague-ridden season, and a 1.7 GPA to pull off.

The sky is the limit, I'm telling you.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Maybe they learned from how Hayden got Willie Guy eligible a few years earlier?
Maybe, they have to copy everything else as they aren't unique with anything except being considered a losing program

Reaction score
I've been pretty sky is falling about recruiting but noticed that of there are only 8 scholarship seniors and we have 72 scholarship guys returning for 2022. Even with normal attrition that's probably less than 20 for the class which would be lowest of Ferentz era.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I've been pretty sky is falling about recruiting but noticed that of there are only 8 scholarship seniors and we have 72 scholarship guys returning for 2022. Even with normal attrition that's probably less than 20 for the class which would be lowest of Ferentz era.
Take me off ignore!!!!!!

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
“When me and Coach Campbell sat down, we had a great conversation,” he said. “It brought my mom to tears. It touched hearts, and we have a great connection.”

JFC

thrawn

Reaction score
The racism shit happening right before the Douche had a glorified exhibition season and 8-3 Iowa State took advantage of a fake season to beat a 4-2 team in a “major” bowl game wasn’t ideal.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Any of you guys not seeing the family resemblance are just not being honest with yourselves.

1626230593272.jpeg
1626230657280.jpeg

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The racism shit happening right before the Douche had a glorified exhibition season and 8-3 Iowa State took advantage of a fake season to beat a 4-2 team in a “major” bowl game wasn’t ideal.
The obligatory five minute conversation of Iowa’s racist program by every announcing crew didn’t help either. My hunch is that we’ll continue to hear announcers discuss the topic this year.

Good times on the recruiting trail.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like we will get that white RB. Gonna have to find a new Aidan. Maybe we can get a Liam this time.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Kelvin better be balls deep in the portal.