2023 Basketball Recruiting

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran should let him know Iowa is ranked third in the country, then not let him look at the roster.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Fran should let him know Iowa is ranked third in the country, then not let him look at the roster.
If he’s at Grand View he’s comfortable around white people.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Who was the last basketball player from Des Moines to truly make something of themselves? Matt Bullard?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Grandview seems to have done well since changing from a baptist school to a christian school.

Their basketball team has gotten much more diverse since then as well.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Why not? They should show him the jerseys—they say Equality.

Then he can see they live up to that by starting 5 white guys.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Grandview seems to have done well since changing from a baptist school to a christian school.

Their basketball team has gotten much more diverse since then as well.
They appear to have some pretty decent recruiting missionaries in Africa.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Waukee is currently destroying Ankeny in a 4A title game rematch.

Omaha has put on good weight and looks like a Michigan State PF as a soph.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Stating the obvious, Waukee is going to be pretty hard for anyone to beat.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
My buddy texted me during the game, “first game with a new team, Omaha looks pretty good for a 24 year old”

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Yeah, if that kid is a high school sophomore he may not be playing college if he keeps growing and the NBAPA and NBA change the draft.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I appreciate #45 for Ankeny and his desire to shoot over Omaha, then shrug it off when it gets sent 40 feet the opposite direction from the basket.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
when was the last time the state of iowa had two top 50 kids in the same class?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
My buddy texted me during the game, “first game with a new team, Omaha looks pretty good for a 24 year old”
might not be far from the truth. Many refugees from Africa select their birth dates when they arrive in the USA cause in some places, there's little or no official record keeping and these kids aren't going to Chucky Cheese to celebrate their birthdays every year.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Any INSIDER!!!!!! information on where these two guys are going? I'm assuming there is zero chance Biliew is going to Iowa?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
might not be far from the truth. Many refugees from Africa select their birth dates when they arrive in the USA cause in some places, there's little or no official record keeping and these kids aren't going to Chucky Cheese to celebrate their birthdays every year.
Wasn't he born in Omaha though, hence his name? So there should be a record of his birth if so

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Lol. He was born in Omaha and has lived in Iowa since he was 2 years old.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Despite their backgrounds, this Waukee group seems pretty tight. Sandfort and Heston grew up here, Tucker had been here only three years, Omaha is new, etc. I think iowa has a really good shot with Omaha. One of his mentors is an ISU guys though.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Despite their backgrounds, this Waukee group seems pretty tight. Sandfort and Heston grew up here, Tucker had been here only three years, Omaha is new, etc. I think iowa has a really good shot with Omaha. One of his mentors is an ISU guys though.
Eddie the homerun king who subs for HaLo now and then, is a personal trainer for the kid.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Many different cultures without any wars.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Will they all still be at Waukee when the Northwest opens?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Will they all still be at Waukee when the Northwest opens?
The Sandforts live close to me so he will be at Waukee NW. I’d assume Billiew planned his move to play there, too. NW opens next year so Devries, Heston and older Sandfort will be graduated

hawkeyefan_2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I believe Omaha is living with his cousins who live near me, which would put him on track to stay at Waukee High School. I’m curious to see if that’s how it turns out.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
If it ends up like Ankeny, the address won’t be very meaningful for those with athletic talent.