2023 Basketball Recruiting

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Middlesex Magic...The board had to be giggling pretty good when deciding on that name.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran offering a second big in the 2023 class likely says something about his confidence in Mulvey and Ogundele
freeman and estrella are stretch 4s

mulvey and ogundele are 5s

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
kid has a syracuse offer. he's expected to blow up.

(same was said of mulvey, but, to be fair, mulvey should be in HS right now...let's hold off on him)

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Fran offering a second big in the 2023 class likely says something about his confidence in Mulvey and Ogundele
These guys won't be on a college team for two more seasons and they're not classic post players like Ogundele and Mulvey.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
freeman and estrella are stretch 4s

mulvey and ogundele are 5s
They are stretch 4s in the same way Nunge was a stretch 4. Sure you could play him there for a few minutes alongside Garza, but his best position on both offense and defense is at the 5.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
These guys won't be on a college team for two more seasons and they're not classic post players like Ogundele and Mulvey.
Just because there are a few highlights of them making threes doesn't mean they are perimeter players. How many successful classic post players are there in college basketball?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Just because there are a few highlights of them making threes doesn't mean they are perimeter players. How many successful classic post players are there in college basketball?
Ok, we'll go with your assumption that these offers are for the "post". Ogundele will be a Senior and Mulvey a junior when the 2023 class joins the team. If Fran had issues with those two, he will certainly address it well before the 23 class is a factor

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

So just watch this highlight video and tell me he isn't a center. He dribbles it like 7 times in the entire video. It is full of blocked shots, put back dunks, dump off dunks, post ups, and a few threes. He isn't a back to the basket center, but still a center; and I think he could be a really good one.

B19Rob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ok, we'll go with your assumption that these offers are for the "post". Ogundele will be a Senior and Mulvey a junior when the 2023 class joins the team. If Fran had issues with those two, he will certainly address it well before the 23 class is a factor
I anticipate him adding another post after this season

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Owen and his brother (a 2025 prospect) will be in Carver for the game tonight...

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Has to be an awesome recruiting pitch to come in and see 2700 fans on a Tuesday night

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Defensively, he’ll fit right in if he picks Iowa.

Reaction score
I’m still not sold on him having the athletic ability to be more than a role player at the Big Ten level, but he’s putting up really good stats for playing in 4A.

He’s now averaging over 28ppg. Coming into the night he was averaging 11 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game while shooting 51/41/86 and keeping his a/to above 2.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
I’m still not sold on him having the athletic ability to be more than a role player at the Big Ten level, but he’s putting up really good stats for playing at the 4A level.

He’s now averaging over 28ppg. Coming into the night he was averaging 11 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game while shooting 51/41/86 and keeping his a/to above 2.
I suppose you’re going to tell us those are school records too.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I’m still not sold on him having the athletic ability to be more than a role player at the Big Ten level, but he’s putting up really good stats for playing in 4A.

This is starting to remind me of the Bowen Born debate from a couple years ago. Puts up great numbers in hs but has some attribute that makes him a tweener and hard to see at the BIG level.

I agree about Pryce. I think he's probably worth a scholly but he's really going to struggle on the defensive end at this level.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This is starting to remind me of the Bowen Born debate from a couple years ago. Puts up great numbers in hs but has some attribute that makes him a tweener and hard to see at the BIG level.

I agree about Pryce. I think he's probably worth a scholly but he's really going to struggle on the defensive end at this level.
I can't see "struggling on defense" as a deal breaker for Fran