2023 Basketball Recruiting

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
You know, if there’s one thing that iowa needs fewer of, it’s 4* top 100 instate players that grew up ISU fans.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
So you can't point out a specific post then.

I don't think it's a secret that Fran doesn't exactly develop or emphasize defensive skills as well as offense. If a player comes in with average to below average defensive skills, there's a good chance they won't get better. So it may help to get players (of any color) who come in as plus defenders.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I hope he moves to Omaha so we can’t afford him.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
So you can't point out a specific post then.

I don't think it's a secret that Fran doesn't exactly develop or emphasize defensive skills as well as offense. If a player comes in with average to below average defensive skills, there's a good chance they won't get better. So it may help to get players (of any color) who come in as plus defenders.
there is absolutely zero reason to think that Sandfort sucks at defense other than that he is tall and white. You have never even seen him play.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
there is absolutely zero reason to think that Sandfort sucks at defense other than that he is tall and white. You have never even seen him play.
Actually, yes I have seen Pryce play but nice try. And, I never said he sucks. I said I thinnk he will struggle at the BIG level.

Are you related to him or something?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I watched a 6’3 Mexican kid score 20 on him, getting to the basket at will.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Actually, yes I have seen Pryce play but nice try. And, I never said he sucks. I said I thinnk he will struggle at the BIG level.

Are you related to him or something?
no but he is Barta’s cousin

I was just trying to gauge if halo knowing more than most national recruiting analysts is a less or more absurd situation than halo knowing more than the president and governor.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Also, I am shocked that a skinny high school junior that’s grown 6 inches in 2 years and is playing the entire game is not a defensive stopper

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Also, I am shocked that a skinny high school junior that’s grown 6 inches in 2 years and is playing the entire game is not a defensive stopper
Hopefully he can come of age at UNI.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You'd think a guy with those accolades (4 star, Iowa State fan) would have a few more offers.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
We have a poster that has seen a decent number of Mexican penuses. I wonder if he’s seen enough Puerto Rican ones to notice if there is any difference.

Reaction score
Looks like the staff is going to continue to expand their recruiting relationship with Midwest Prospect Academy, the grassroots program Owen Freeman plays for.

In the past few weeks the staff has watched 2023 prospects Ty Pence and Brock Harding from the program. Pence is a Top 5 junior in Illinois and Harding is an emerging PG prospect from Moline.

Last edited:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Looks like the staff is going to continue to expand their recruiting relationship with Midwest Prospect Academy, the grassroots program Owen Freeman’s plays for.

In the past few weeks the staff has watched 2023 prospects Ty Pence and Brock Harding from the program. Pence is a Top 5 junior in Illinois and Harding is an emerging PG prospect from Moline.
Those all sound like crackers, so I guess it would make sense if Fran is growing the relationship. Hope one of them can play some D

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Looks like the staff is going to continue to expand their recruiting relationship with Midwest Prospect Academy, the grassroots program Owen Freeman’s plays for.

And THIS is why I brought you over here.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
From what Kakert has said, Harding is the type of prospect that once he gets one high major offer he’s going to get a lot of high major offers.

To me he looks fucking tiny.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
From what Kakert has said, Harding is the type of prospect that once he gets one high major offer he’s going to get a lot of high major offers.

To me he looks fucking tiny.

Bowen Born thinks this guy is small.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The 40 second mark when his teammates fall over each other.