2025 Recruiting Thread

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Is one of those kids the youngest McCaffery boy? #22?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
He’s not going to be as good as the others

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
you're talking about a sixth grader

shut up for four years, then resume the conversation

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
He'll probably play D-1 somewhere.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I have a cousin who was about six foot as a sixth grader and 6'4" as an eighth grader. He played high level AAU ball and, of course, dominated. They were a family that was only tangentially aware of sports and so they assumed that he was destined for the NBA, and they had no shame about advertising this assumption at all turns. They would send out clips like this all the time, and I would watch my slow, lumbering cousin shoot six foot js over little kids' heads over and over again. It goes without saying that by the time he was a sophomore, he was an ineffective six-four center with no guard skills and who was used only marginally by his mediocre high school team. I felt bad for him, but I enjoyed watching my aunt and uncle slowly shrink back into their world of sporting ignorance. Don't have a picnic in the sauna if you aren't prepared for your salad to get all wilty and gross, I always say.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I have a cousin who was about six foot as a sixth grader and 6'4" as an eighth grader. He played high level AAU ball and, of course, dominated. They were a family that was only tangentially aware of sports and so they assumed that he was destined for the NBA, and they had no shame about advertising this assumption at all turns. They would send out clips like this all the time, and I would watch my slow, lumbering cousin shoot six foot js over little kids' heads over and over again. It goes without saying that by the time he was a sophomore, he was an ineffective six-four center with no guard skills and who was used only marginally by his mediocre high school team. I felt bad for him, but I enjoyed watching my aunt and uncle slowly shrink back into their world of sporting ignorance. Don't have a picnic in the sauna if you aren't prepared for your salad to get all wilty and gross, I always say.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
this happened to nearly every kid in Jr HS that grew too fast

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
this happened to nearly every kid in Jr HS that grew too fast
Yes, this is true. My stories have consistently universal themes, James.

So many parents who shouldn't have cooked bouillaibasse on a hot plate if they didn't want rubbery monkfish.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
If we are watching 6th grade highlight tapes, maybe it should be of the Kingdom Hoops team that beat the Barnstormers by 30 at state.

Curtis Stinson’s boy plays for them.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
If we are watching 6th grade highlight tapes, maybe it should be of the Kingdom Hoops team that beat the Barnstormers by 30 at state.

Curtis Stinson’s boy plays for them.
hopefully the kid has his Moms personality.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Luke Wieskamp looks like an actual 8th grader, but you can see the talent is there as well.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Patrick cracked me up, and this is accurate.

douglasbader

Reaction score
No chance. He is a good huge, not a fat fuck huge.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I see him as more of an Anthony Davis/Joel Embid hybrid.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Jack already has a better shot than either of his brothers. Weiskamp’s brother better hit the weights.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
cocky smirks and swaggers. he's already more connor than connor.

I'm ok with that.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
cocky smirks and swaggers. he's already more connor than connor.

I'm ok with that.
connor was also a little pudgy at that age IIIRC. It will be interesting to see how tall and stocky he gets. When I saw him and his dad at a Waukee game last year I initially thought it was connor, he’s at least 6-3/6-4 already

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score
Here is Patrick at the same grade (and about a year older I think)...

Connor as a Freshman.....

douglasbader

Reaction score
Patrick is an unquestioned athlete. Connor was steady and reliable.

Jack is bigger more skilled than both of them. His shot is a billion times better.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
LeVar Woods kid is on the same team. Hopefully he's about 6'4 225 ready to be Iowa's next Mackey winner though

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
connor was also a little pudgy at that age IIIRC. It will be interesting to see how tall and stocky he gets. When I saw him and his dad at a Waukee game last year I initially thought it was connor, he’s at least 6-3/6-4 already
LOL. You’re blind.

He isn’t pudgy. At all.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
He’s gotten a lot better which makes sense. Kids tend to get better as they get older.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Worley would get called for traveling about 3 times a game in high school. He played 4 years at Iowa and still didn’t figure it out.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Worley would get called for traveling about 3 times a game in high school. He played 4 years at Iowa and still didn’t figure it out.
If you ain’t cheatin, you ain’t tryin.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score

Jack's shot already better than his bros.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hope Fran doesn't waste any time recruiting #30, I think his dad has other plans for him.