**Alabama State vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/18/21 - 6:00 pm - BTN**

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
First time in Carver this year. Felt like a Criminal game with that crowd. Saw Hawkeye Elvis and Mike Gessell. Damn right I wanted to recreate the North Carolina photo, but with me instead of Woody.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Austin Ash update....

He's a clown that shoots like a girl. He's at a whopping 7 mpg that Iowa has played. He has the chance to play minutes in roughly 4 more games other than getting mop up time in the final seconds of a Big Ten blowout.

My mouth is and will remain penus free.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Kakert’s talking about the point spread.
Alabama State is 0-5 on the season, but 5-0 against the spread. Before tonight, they had beat the spread by 6 points or more each game.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Naw bra itll be all at the same time. We will be in a circle around him, and cinedoug will be on his knees in the middle wearing nothing but a dog funnel and a hawkeye thong.
I’m ok if he stays fully dressed

• GFY
Reactions: BBK
Reaction score
Austin Ash update....

He's a clown that shoots like a girl. He's at a whopping 7 mpg that Iowa has played. He has the chance to play minutes in roughly 4 more games other than getting mop up time in the final seconds of a Big Ten blowout.

My mouth is and will remain penus free.
You're a real life weirdo who thinks he is going to actually have to suck a dick.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
For someone who is a good shooter, Sandfort has had a lot of big ole bricks. Not necessarily worried about it since he’s only a few games in and nerves likely still there. Just an observation as it’s weird to see swish - brick - brick - swish.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Mulva’s feet were indescribably slow. Don’t think we should expect anything from him for quite some time.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I thought Sandfort did a pretty decent job defensively staying in front of his man, and he got caught down low with a guy posting him up a few times where he didn’t give up ground either.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
From suits to sweats.
Having basketball coaches and staff wear suits never made any sense. They all fucking hated it except MAYBE Rick Pitino, Pat Riley and Sherm Dillard.

"Go into this arena that often times is hot, be up and down all night being forced to wear your tight suit jacket and uncomfortable shoes that you have to make sure you don't mark up the floor. Now be completely engaged and coach all night."

Fuck that.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Having basketball coaches and staff wear suits never made any sense. They all fucking hated it except MAYBE Rick Pitino, Pat Riley and Sherm Dillard.

"Go into this arena that often times is hot, be up and down all night being forced to wear your tight suit jacket and uncomfortable shoes that you have to make sure you don't mark up the floor. Now be completely engaged and coach all night."

Fuck that.
Business casual then, ha.

I don’t give a shit, just thought it was interesting to see coaches in skinny sweats.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
The General's fat ass always had a sweater on. The pitstains on those undershirts after a rough night in Assembly Hall were probably a brownish yellow.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ash is worse than I ever remember. High-school girls would be embarrassed at his shooting form. bohannon thinks Ash plays poor defense.
AA plays ole defense by the seat of his pants, I'll give him that.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Mulva’s feet were indescribably slow. Don’t think we should expect anything from him for quite some time.
I doubt Fran will get anything out of the 5 spot for a couple of years -- unless he is able to land a competent transfer.

Bowen and Dix will add athleticism and shooting. Looks like a future of small ball. But, that was the makeup of his Siena teams, so there you go.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Has done the Speraw golf story at least twice of not theee times already

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nunge with 14 and 14 against Ohio state hurts a little after watching Iowa's post options

Reaction score
Seeing that we tied the 3-pt record that was previously set in 2018 made me curious how many JBo hit in that game. Looked it up and he had six. The other 13?
Weiskamp - 5
Ash - 3
Moss - 2
M. Baer, Dailey, and N. Hobbs (who?!) - 1
Nicolas Hobbs was a walkon guard who played in 12 games for Iowa between 2018-2021. His career 3-point percentage is 40% (2-5).

I went down a tangential rabbit hole and noticed that Michael Baer is averaging ~25 mpg through 3 games at Sienna this year. He's 2-14 from the field. Oof.