Caitlin Clark Highlight / Absurd Stats Thread NOT OMNIBUS WBB!!!!

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Does your team have the tall players that can get all the rebounds? Ok, you’re going to win. Iowa has a chance if UCONN air balls all their 3 pointers and they land out of bounds.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

CamelTones

Reaction score
I don’t think Iowa got a single defensive rebound that hit the rim.

• GFY

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Do they always not call fouls? This product is awful for the most part.

• GFY

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Iowa’s offense is typically beautiful but they are getting chucked all over the court off the ball this game

• GFY

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I don't want to heap this on because Women's basketball is fine for what it is, but imagine trying to argue seriously that each of these tournaments should have "equal" treatment and the same budget and amenities.
They should just do a tournament for the top 8 teams and call it good.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I don't want to heap this on because Women's basketball is fine for what it is, but imagine trying to argue seriously that each of these tournaments should have "equal" treatment and the same budget and amenities.
The last thing that will help them is *more* exposure. You're right; it's fine for what it is, but it doesn't compare to the men's game, which itself is often pretty bad basketball.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The last thing that will help them is *more* exposure. You're right; it's fine for what it is, but it doesn't compare to the men's game, which itself is often pretty bad basketball.
Exactly this. The exposure they get right now is fine. If you suddenly give them the same budget and stage as the men have it would not be a good thing. People would tune in tune out very quickly.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Exactly this. The exposure they get right now is fine. If you suddenly give them the same budget and stage as the men have it would not be a good thing. People would tune in tune out very quickly.
Arguably, they have a *better* platform. The women are on the ESPN networks, while the men play half their tournament on channels with no sports audience at all. Every women's game is on the most popular sports channels on the planet, and heavily promoted thereon. People have seen it and just don't care.

Reaction score
Clark is playing really well. Uconn just too tall

Warnock is shooting it well

• GFY
Reaction score
That might be the single most perfect example of what a foul is in the history of basketball, in plain view, and it wasn’t called.

• GFY

MoneyPit

Cheers for the best looking H.S. girls team
Reaction score
I see the announcers use the "good defense" line in the women's game as well when someone is clobbered.

• GFY

CamelTones

Reaction score
Lol they’re dead last in the country in defense.

• GFY

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Had it within 12, got a couple stops and turned it over on back to back possessions by not catching a simple pass.

• GFY

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I love the people that hate women’s basketball yet still post in this thread.
I watched the ISU women the other night and some here were watching the Iowa women. If you have a rooting interest in who wins, it's no different than watching the Iowa baseball team. Otherwise you're probably not going to make an effort to watch when there's no personal interest.

I don't hate the sport, but given the choice between a NCAA men's tournament game and a women's tourney game, it's no question what almost everyone will watch.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Great. I didn’t say they wouldn’t.

• GFY

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
the tremendous irony of this EQUALITY!!!! push is that one of the most visible, leading voices is a professional soccer player that plays on the US National Team that got beat by a regional U15 boys team.

yes. You are TOTALLY equal Megan. Nothing but rampant sexism holding back women’s sports.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I watched the ISU women the other night and some here were watching the Iowa women. If you have a rooting interest in who wins, it's no different than watching the Iowa baseball team. Otherwise you're probably not going to make an effort to watch when there's no personal interest.

I don't hate the sport, but given the choice between a NCAA men's tournament game and a women's tourney game, it's no question what almost everyone will watch.
I like to think this is what got you the Beebs bow.

• GFY

thrawn

Reaction score

I watch some WBB just because the games are pretty available and Drake’s women were good when the men were terrible, but for the tournament, with the game being slower/more on the floor and the lack of upsets, I find it hard to get into some random game.

Last edited:

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
the tremendous irony of this EQUALITY!!!! push is that one of the most visible, leading voices is a professional soccer player that plays on the US National Team that got beat by a regional U15 boys team.

yes. You are TOTALLY equal Megan. Nothing but rampant sexism holding back women’s sports.
Yes, but they weren't really trying.

"Of course, this match against the academy team was very informal and should not be a major cause for alarm. The U.S. surely wasn’t going all out, with the main goal being to get some minutes on the pitch, build chemistry when it comes to moving the ball around, improve defensive shape and get ready for Russia."

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
The first half of the Loyola game made me momentarily miss the Iowa women’s game

• GFY

thrawn

Reaction score
last 10 seconds of Michigan/Baylor OT was some of the worst late game basketball I’ve ever seen, it involved an unnecessary open layup, a missed travel, an unnecessary half court shot, and an unnecessary out of bounds rebound

demmert4

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
last 10 seconds of Michigan/Baylor OT was some of the worst late game basketball I’ve ever seen, it involved an unnecessary open layup, a missed travel, an unnecessary half court shot, and an unnecessary out of bounds rebound
I’ve never seen a half court heave with 5 seconds left because a player lost control of their dribble. It was entertaining. I don’t need to ever see it again though.

• GFY

thrawn

Reaction score
Sue Bird claims it’s more difficult to shoot with the smaller ball. I think the women’s game makes a massive mistake just mirroring the men’s. They should have the Elam ending, a four point line, just a bunch of random shit.
No way. One of the great things about basketball is that the rules and court are broadly similar anywhere. Throwing in gimmicks just devalues the product. Zero people are going to turn into women’s basketball just to see 4-point shots and the confusing to people who aren’t Very Online ending (which I think people would hate within a year of anyone adopting it).