Caitlin Clark Highlight / Absurd Stats Thread NOT OMNIBUS WBB!!!!

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
the tremendous irony of this EQUALITY!!!! push is that one of the most visible, leading voices is a professional soccer player that plays on the US National Team that got beat by a regional U15 boys team.

yes. You are TOTALLY equal Megan. Nothing but rampant sexism holding back women’s sports.
The soccer talk is much more about money brought in and pay to players. And the women are correct.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

thrawn

Reaction score
The soccer talk is much more about money brought in and pay to players. And the women are correct.
the WNT lawsuit was pretty rough which is why it was mostly dismissed. they agreed to a higher guarantee with lower bonuses and then turned around and complained about the lower bonuses. the media coverage was frankly criminally bad.

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
No way. One of the great things about basketball is that the rules and court are broadly similar anywhere. Throwing in gimmicks just devalues the product. Zero people are going to turn into women’s basketball just to see 4-point shots and the confusing to people who aren’t Very Online ending (which I think people would hate within a year of anyone adopting it).
That’s fair. Although the Elem ending is pretty much how the VAST majority of basketball is played currently, I think we’d all prefer it after one season.

• GFY

thrawn

Reaction score
That’s fair. Although the Elem ending is pretty much how the VAST majority of basketball is played currently, I think we’d all prefer it after one season.
You’re confusing “game is effectively out of reach“ with “we picked arbitrary numbers to contrive game-ending shots because we were afraid to reduce timeouts and replay reviews“.

• GFY

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They should play 6 on 6. Then we could hear about how the schools all time leading scorer is actually 50 women then Garza.

It doesn’t really matter what rules they institute, the outcome will still be the same 4 schools. Watching Iowa box out with 3 players today only to have someone from UCONN just reach over the top of them and grab the ball was kinda funny. Bluder is a really good coach that has gotten way more out of players like Gustafson and Czinano than most coaches could. Missing on the girl that went to Maryland and not recruiting Joens because of her dad probably prevent her from taking Iowa to a Final Four.

• GFY

Alan Lomax

Reaction score
You’re confusing “game is effectively out of reach“ with “we picked arbitrary numbers to contrive game-ending shots because we were afraid to reduce timeouts and replay reviews“.
No, I’m not.

• GFY

thrawn

Reaction score
lmao. by that argument most basketball is also played half court by 1s and 2s. and no clock for the entire game, instead of for 36 minutes.

• GFY

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Sue Bird claims it’s more difficult to shoot with the smaller ball. I think the women’s game makes a massive mistake just mirroring the men’s. They should have the Elam ending, a four point line, just a bunch of random shit.
But it doesnt

• GFY

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
In her defense, Sue bird has never really touched any other balls than a women’s basketball.

• GFY

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
They should play 6 on 6. Then we could hear about how the schools all time leading scorer is actually 50 women then Garza.

It doesn’t really matter what rules they institute, the outcome will still be the same 4 schools. Watching Iowa box out with 3 players today only to have someone from UCONN just reach over the top of them and grab the ball was kinda funny. Bluder is a really good coach that has gotten way more out of players like Gustafson and Czinano than most coaches could. Missing on the girl that went to Maryland and not recruiting Joens because of her dad probably prevent her from taking Iowa to a Final Four.
Wins way more in March than Fran

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Sue Bird claims it’s more difficult to shoot with the smaller ball. I think the women’s game makes a massive mistake just mirroring the men’s. They should have the Elam ending, a four point line, just a bunch of random shit.
<whistle> Foul on 32.

Shooter, spin the Wheel of Mayhem to go up the Ladder of Chance. Go past the Mud Hut, through the Rainbow Ring to get to the Golden Monkey, you yank his tail and boom - you're in Paradise Pond!

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
No way. One of the great things about basketball is that the rules and court are broadly similar anywhere. Throwing in gimmicks just devalues the product. Zero people are going to turn into women’s basketball just to see 4-point shots and the confusing to people who aren’t Very Online ending (which I think people would hate within a year of anyone adopting it).
Let them play topless and I might tune in.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Fuck you beebs!!! :roll:

• GFY

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Wins way more in March than Fran
Overall, the Iowa women's program has been better and more successful than the men's...probably going all the way back to the early 80s when Stringer became coach.

• GFY

2HawkFans

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It's a different game and not everyone will want to watch it. Having a daughter that played at an early age through HS I was used to the differences. I'll still watch the Iowa women play because I think Bluder is a good coach and I enjoy sports.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Baylor taking the punch of a 0-19 run and still has a chance to win.

• GFY

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Those comments were absurdly out of line, and actually improved my opinion of her.

• GFY

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Women will not be bowed discussing women's basketball.

The rest of you will be reminded of the great shame you are bringing upon yourselves.

Which compels me to mention: you fucks are really watching and discussing women's basketball even after Iowa was eliminated?

jesuscristo. Do other things. Anything, other than that.

Reaction score
Women will not be bowed discussing women's basketball.

The rest of you will be reminded of the great shame you are bringing upon yourselves.

Which compels me to mention: you fucks are really watching and discussing women's basketball even after Iowa was eliminated?

jesuscristo. Do other things. Anything, other than that.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I was on twitter yesterday trying to figure out when the Naismith winner was announced and saw this guy won defensive player of the year