**Eastern Illinois vs. Iowa Basketball - 12/21/22 - 2:30pm - BTN+**

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Will Connor call out fan attendance after the game today?

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Halo Randy strikes again.

Reaction score
This has to be one of the worst losses, if not the worst loss, in the history of Iowa basketball. Glad they keep giving Fran extensions so he can continue to recruit unathletic white kids who can't defend.

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Hard to get excited to watch Iowa basketball in January and February after this. As bad as Iowa football is, at least they don’t lose to the cupcakes so can all keep our dumb hope. Today felt like a The Criminal day.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way that someone on our team was not paid to lose that game on purpose

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hard to get excited to watch Iowa basketball in January and February after this. As bad as Iowa football is, at least they don’t lose to the cupcakes so can all keep our dumb hope. Today felt like a The Criminal day.
I just watched Iowa lose to ISU and Nebrantska in football this year pal. You can make an argument for Nebrantska but isu was the definition of a cupcake this year.

Just a fucking atrocious 2nd half by Fran and the team

Reaction score
Why would you be excited about January and February anyway? You know what happens in March.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Ulis and McCaffrey a combined 0-14 from 3. Season is over, fellas. Roll over and take it from here on out.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They gave up 92 fucking points to Eastern Illinois. That's really something.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Fun with numbers. Too late to retroactively cancel the game?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
@douglasbader is right….who in the fuck cares?
The real FANS should care, Greg. In fact, all of them just need to reach out to the Swarm collective and give $200 each so Patty Mac and Desonte Bowen can go shopping at Coral Ridge and losses like this wouldn't happen. Each of these hard working athletes is worth all that we as fans can give them. It's super unfair they were treated so poorly. J-Bo, thank you for making us realize how the players were suffering.

douglasbader

Reaction score
@douglasbader is right….who in the fuck cares?
Honestly though, who really does give a fuck anymore. College sports are dead. I have little to no interest in watching anything more than casually going forward.

@Fair and Balanced will mock me, but lol that we ever gave a shit about any of this before and especially now. Thank you to the NCAA and NIL for making me grow up.

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I just watched Iowa lose to ISU and Nebrantska in football this year pal. You can make an argument for Nebrantska but isu was the definition of a cupcake this year.

Just a fucking atrocious 2nd half by Fran and the team
Those losses aren’t remotely comparable.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Doug is taking this well.

Reaction score
Honestly though, who really does give a fuck anymore. College sports are dead. I have little to no interest in watching anything more than casually going forward.

@Fair and Balanced will mock me, but lol that we ever gave a shit about any of this before and especially now. Thank you to the NCAA and NIL for making me grow up.
Agree 100%. Was just texting with some buddies about it. Gone are the days of players actually being passionate and loyal to their teams, which is a lot of what made college athletics fun. The NCAA has become a dumpster fire and it's only going to get worse.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Was just texting with some buddies about it. Gone are the days of players actually being passionate and loyal to their teams, which is a lot of what made college athletics fun. The NCAA has become a dumpster fire and it's only going to get worse.
Yep. If they don't give a shit and are available to the highest bidder, why should anyone give a shit?

I don't watch the NFL. Didn't watch the NBA until this year with Keegan getting drafted in the Top 5. College basketball has been garbage forever. College football is determined on who you were able to buy over a 3 week period every December.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Come March, if they play themselves onto the bubble, their resume will look like someone applying for a job, with solid references and a good work history but the last paragraph says
‘Killed neighbor with their weed eater, spent time in federal prison’

‘it was a simple misunderstanding’

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
So is this going to hurt our tournament chances?