Former players thread

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve had the same rooting interest as Chris Williams. I don’t think I can do this.
Booooo!!! Refs suck. Why don’t they just have McGee shoot every shot? Where’s Fizer? Niang should be coaching!!! Where’s Niang? I need a Busch Light!!!! I need a T-shirt!!!!

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
My favorite part of the first half is when Fran Frascillia (sp?) said "these guys just make more shots than the college guys!" and they show the shooting percentages and both teams shot 38% or less in the first half.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve had the same rooting interest as Chris Williams. I don’t think I can do this.
Booooo!!! Refs suck. Why don’t they just have McGee shoot every shot? Where’s Fizer? Niang should be coaching!!! Where’s Niang? I need a Busch Light!!!! I need a T-shirt!!!!
To be fair, having McGee shoot every shot may not be a bad strategy. 6-9 from three

eclone

Reaction score
Cleanthony Early just tried to take off Reed Timmer’s head with an elbow after getting his pocket picked on a break. Luckily he missed or it would have been real ugly

douglasbader

Reaction score
Baer got sort of fat already. He looks about 15 pounds heavier than a few months ago.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This is funny. Baer got sort of a fat ass now, some back fat and is jiggling. Can't move or jump very well either.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Baer aged 10 years in 5 months.
I can't believe it and keep thinking I am seeing things. The fucking guy couldn't gain a pound of fat or muscle in 5 years and literally 4 months later he looks chunky. He must have not worked out at all and has been getting bombed and eating Panchero's every night.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That was a rough 10 seconds for slime.

eclone

Reaction score
Drake guards shooting too much. Young and Timmer a combined 5-21.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Lol at this ending score rule. WTF

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Sounds like he DGAF. Good judgment.

douglasbader

Reaction score
They have done that Elam ending for 3 years now. It not only is cleaner without all the bullshit fouling and stalling and timeout shenanigans, but it is also exciting on some level because every game ends with a walk off winning shot.

It also tends to make the refs call the game more straight up.

CamelTones

Reaction score
The Elam ending is fucking great. So much better than a normal timed ending. The game ends up being so much cleaner.
Yeah, I actually liked that a lot. Think the number should be 12ish points rather than 8 but it still made it better than watching teams just dribble out the clock.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Oh, it also removes the idiocy of coaches that try to run the clock out and stop scoring and many times causing their team to go into a funk and letting the other team go on a huge run to get back into the game.

No more dribbling outside the hash mark near half court for 20+ seconds of the shot clock only to run some 1 on 1 desperation garbage. Teams actually run their offense and move the ball and throw it into the post and are forced to score.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The Elam ending is fucking great. So much better than a normal timed ending. The game ends up being so much cleaner.
Yeah, I actually liked that a lot. Think the number should be 12ish points rather than 8 but it still made it better than watching teams just dribble out the clock.
So many other good things about it. Teams that play solid defense without fouling are rewarded. You can't just scramble around trying to get steals. It also rewards teams that work their offense and take good shots and don't just fucking chuck up bullshit.

There is no incentive for either team to ever take a bad shot because of time issues either way.

CamelTones

Reaction score
So many other good things about it. Teams that play solid defense without fouling are rewarded. You can't just scramble around trying to get steals. It also rewards teams that work their offense and take good shots and don't just fucking chuck up bullshit.

There is no incentive for either team to ever take a bad shot because of time issues either way.
I could see them experimenting with it in the NIT in just the last minute and only adding like 5 points to the leading teams score.

It’ll never be accepted though.

Reaction score
Baer got sort of fat already. He looks about 15 pounds heavier than a few months ago.
It’s weird why you’d care if a college graduate would gain weight after being on a strict diet for the last few years.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It’s weird why you’d care if a college graduate would gain weight after being on a strict diet for the last few years.
Lol, because he is on ESPN playing a game in front of 7,000+ fans and a national tv audience. It isn't that I care, it is just that I find it funny he could never gain weight and then suddenly in 4 months he gained a bunch of weight knowing he had a tournament coming up.

Reaction score
Lol, because he is on ESPN playing a game in front of 7,000+ fans and a national tv audience. It isn't that I care, it is just that I find it funny he could never gain weight and then suddenly in 4 months he gained a bunch of weight knowing he had a tournament coming up.

Oh good grief. He was asked to play in probably May. You really think he’s going to try and get in great shape for a stupid basketball tournament?

douglasbader

Reaction score

Oh good grief. He was asked to play in probably May. You really think he’s going to try and get in great shape for a stupid basketball tournament?
It was more lol that he gained weight that quickly after not being able to pretty much ever.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Doug mad at people caring about something he doesnt care about.

GO HALO!!!

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Anyone that actually cares about this tournament and isn’t playing in it, organizing it, or promoting it is a huge dork. Exhibit A: Our favorite Cyclone personality seen above.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Anyone that actually cares about this tournament and isn’t playing in it, organizing it, or promoting it is a huge dork. Exhibit A: Our favorite Cyclone personality seen above.
It comes at the most boring time of the year sports wise. I think it’s fair to watch and be interested in it. I highly doubt anyone here is hurting over last night’s loss

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Oh I agree. But the fact that there would’ve been a somewhat deflated arena last night if the Wichita St team had lost is very funny. Basically the equivalent of weirdos that get super into minor league sports with less formality.