Former players thread

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Tyler Cook saw 1 minute for the Cavs tonight. Even gathered in 1 rebound.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Baer has been signed to the Raptors G-League team.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Baer is officially a pro basketball player. 11 minutes, 2 rebounds and a steal.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Uthoff tore it up in the G League tonight. 27 points or something like that.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Man, I wish we could have guys like Gesell and Woodbury back.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Tyler Cook made his G-League debut and had quite the hilarious/sad performance.

He only played 12 minutes but somehow had 5 turnovers and 3 fouls (including a technical) and was the only person on the team to have a negative +/- and was outplayed by Adam Woodbury.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Tyler Cook made his G-League debut and had quite the hilarious/sad performance.

He only played 12 minutes but somehow had 5 turnovers and 3 fouls (including a technical) and was the only person on the team to have a negative +/- and was outplayed by Adam Woodbury.
After 20,000 posts your Woodbury defense presence theory finally comes full circle and is proven correct.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Moss had 21 for KU tonight in 15 minutes: 5/6 from three and 6/6 ft's. But he had only 1 rebound and 2 assists, so the hell with him.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
*24 on 6-7 from 3.

Hope he does that in Ames.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This means the next 4-5 games he will score about 2 points per game.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’m just glad Moss has finally figured out that it’s ok to shoot open 3’s

douglasbader

Reaction score
Uthoff is really doing well in the G-League. I think he is going to get a legit shot this year in the NBA and might stick finally.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Aaron White on the other hand seems to have made a bad choice.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
white's productivity has declined each year.

but, I'll take milan over sioux falls or erie, any day.

keep getting paid, signor ginger.

douglasbader

Reaction score

That isn't true. He played in a lower league the first 2 years and his production in the EuroLeague at Zalgaris was good.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score

That isn't true. He played in a lower league the first 2 years and his production in the EuroLeague at Zalgaris was good.
Got it. I was just eyeballing the stats, not knowing the context.

I'd still love to live in Milan.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Moss is still moss - 36 minutes 0 points tonight in an otherwise great game vs dayton.

Reaction score
Moss is still moss - 36 minutes 0 points tonight in an otherwise great game vs dayton.
36 minutes and was 0-1 shooting. His only attempt was a half courter at the buzzer of regulation. 1 assist, 0 turnovers, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 1 foul, 4 boards.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If anyone is really bored tomorrow, the G-League Winter Showcase is happening in Las Vegas and there are a ton of games on. Here is where you can catch the exciting action....

2pm - ESPNU - Santa Cruz Warriors (Devyn Marble) vs. 905 Raptors (Nicholas Baer)

9:30pm - ESPNNews - Grand Rapids Drive (Adam Woodbury) vs. Memphis Hustle (Jarrod Uthoff)

I think when 10 day contracts start that Uthoff has a good shot. He is averaging 20 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists.

Reaction score
I went to the Memphis site a couple of days ago and they have highlights of their games. Uthoff is playing very solid as a stretch forward role player. He gets a couple of dunks, good passing, shoots 3s. Hopefully he gets called up.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
My buddy works for the Hustle (insider!) and he thinks a couple players from their team will get called up, Uthoff being one of those, as they have some dudes that can play.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Good for him. He must be focusing on what he does well and excelling in his role.

I'm not going to buy his jersey like a fucking loser but I'm happy for him, he was a great hawkeye while on campus.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Good for him. He must be focusing on what he does well and excelling in his role.

I'm not going to buy his jersey like a fucking loser but I'm happy for him, he was a great hawkeye while on campus.
I hate to do a Corso "not so fast" but this might not necessarily be a good thing for Cook. It is a non-guaranteed deal that only becomes a guaranteed deal on Jan. 7th. Speculation is they may be doing this to throw him in as part of a trade or give them the flexibility to waive him.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I like pizza

Last edited:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I hate to do a Corso "not so fast" but this might not necessarily be a good thing for Cook. It is a non-guaranteed deal that only becomes a guaranteed deal on Jan. 7th. Speculation is they may be doing this to throw him in as part of a trade or give them the flexibility to waive him.

God damnit, I know I said I wasn't going to but I already bought the jersey

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Took my son to the Wolves game tonight. I’ve got a buddy who works for the Hustle and got us seats right behind the bench. Uthoff is still a very solid player and fun to watch his game. Wigginton should have stayed in school.

Reaction score
Took my son to the Wolves game tonight. I’ve got a buddy who works for the Hustle and got us seats right behind the bench. Uthoff is still a very solid player and fun to watch his game. Wigginton should have stayed in school.
I go to the Hustle’s website and watch the game highlights. They don’t have a center and play Uthoff as their big man. Very unselfish and awkwardly smooth.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I go to the Hustle’s website and watch the game highlights. They don’t have a center and play Uthoff as their big man. Very unselfish and awkwardly smooth.
This.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score

Yeah, this turned out to not be great news for Tyler.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Yeah, this turned out to not be great news for Tyler.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I get why they didn’t understand it, but the Iowa media saying things like ‘his gamble paid off’ a couple days ago shows how worthless they are.