Former players thread

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Luka actually played decently, but that will be the headline.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I won't say fuck CJ, but I will say fuck his Uncle Joe.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Lol that he injured his hamstring so bad he needs surgery, and he did it in warmups before the Duke game. I'll be shocked if he plays any real minutes at Kentucky.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Maybe the layup line at Kentucky moves a little quicker than it does at Iowa.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It takes a lot to need to have your hamstring surgically repaired. I wonder what the hell happened or just how out of shape he truly is.
Yeah, like Kirk GIbson-level bad. It's possible it was one of his many problems last year and he's torn it repeatedly since then.

Some athletes just aren't durable.

I've been reading Giles Yeo's books lately -- a geneticist who researches appetite and metabolism, and argues that both are all genetic. I wonder if somebody is going to research if there is a genetic connection with athletic durability. An athlete like CJ might just be at the wrong end of the bell curve, and is going to break down regularly despite sound training and conditioning and training room care...meanwhile, another might do everything wrong and never get nicked.

Last edited:

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Yeah, like Kirk GIbson-level bad. It's possible it was one of his many problems last year and he's torn it repeatedly since then.

Some athletes just aren't durable.

I've been reading Giles Yeo's books lately -- a geneticist who researches appetite and metabolism, and argues that both are all genetic. I wonder if somebody is going to research is there is a genetic connection with athletic durability. An athlete like CJ might just be at the wrong end of the bell curve, and is going to break down regularly despite sound training and conditioning and training room care...meanwhile, another might do everything wrong and never get nicked.
I think there’s an element of truth to this.

CamelTones

Reaction score
All of his injuries have been lower body so it’s likely when he’s been playing at less than 100% he’s been compensating for it elsewhere by not moving properly. But I’m not a medical professional.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The better natural athlete you are, the lower percentage of max effort you have to give to compete. Given that CJ is white, he was always giving 110% and his body gave up.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I bet it shook Williams when he got the rejection letter from the Iowa Admissions office.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I think this is wrong. It just wasn't happening at Iowa for some reason.
Well his first year Fran tried playing him at small forward which was a disaster from an athletic standpoint. His second year he redshirted because he had Garza, Cook and Kriener in front of him. 3rd year he was starting at PF, playing well then tore his ACL. 4th year his dad suddenly dies and then he tears another ACL after being an awesome backup 5.

It’s still up in the air whether he’ll make it a full season healthy but I still contend he would make this team really good. Would actually make Connors minutes somewhat justified.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Well his first year Fran tried playing him at small forward which was a disaster from an athletic standpoint. His second year he redshirted because he had Garza, Cook and Kriener in front of him. 3rd year he was starting at PF, playing well then tore his ACL. 4th year his dad suddenly dies and then he tears another ACL after being an awesome backup 5.

It’s still up in the air whether he’ll make it a full season healthy but I still contend he would make this team really good. Would actually make Connors minutes somewhat justified.
I was right with you until that last sentence. Nunge would add perimeter shooting, rebounding, and interior defense to the starting lineup which is pretty much everything this team needs. You wouldn't need or want to force feed him like Garza.