Hawkeye football video archives

Reaction score
TheHawkeyeHistorian is a great YouTube channel. Watching 8-12 minute game summaries is 2812 times better than watching something with highlights set to ACDC with corny captions

Last edited:

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I just watched the 2002 Michigan game. I remember Iowa beating them pretty bad in the second half but holy hell did they own Michigan. Jermelle Lewis was awesome that game.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Also, Howard Hodges is one of the more underrated players of the KF era.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Wait. Are you saying scothawk's vids are gay or the knockoffs? I think you're too stupid to even reply to if you think this.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Just watched the 2001 Alamo Bowl one...the Aaron Greving and Benny Sapp show. Too bad Sapp was such a dumb ass.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I know I'm the only one posting in this thread but LOL at Ron Zook. Just watched the 2006 Illinois one and I forgot they stopped Iowa on 3rd and 2 at the line of scrimmage but accepted the false start penalty on Iowa. The next play JC hit Meyers for the game winning TD.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I know I'm the only one posting in this thread but LOL at Ron Zook. Just watched the 2006 Illinois one and I forgot they stopped Iowa on 3rd and 2 at the line of scrimmage but accepted the false start penalty on Iowa. The next play JC hit Meyers for the game winning TD.
What yard was that on? IIRC, the penalty wouldnt have even pushed Iowa out of FG range.

Reaction score
What yard was that on? IIRC, the penalty wouldnt have even pushed Iowa out of FG range.
If I recall right, it was like illegal procedure or illegal formation or some penalty that can't be declined (and still take the play). I remember thinking the same thing but learning the opposite in one of 282 threads on it.

Reaction score
If I recall right, it was like illegal procedure or illegal formation or some penalty that can't be declined (and still take the play). I remember thinking the same thing but learning the opposite in one of 282 threads on it.
Wasn't there also a series in the 4th where the Illini stopped the Hawks on 3rd/short around midfield, but the Hawks got called for holding? Zooker took the penalty, and Jake hit somebody on a long pass on the second 3rd down.

BTW, it was 2007.

Legend12

Aaron White Fan Club President
Reaction score
It was illegal formation. 3rd and 2 at the Illinois 15...changed to 3rd and 7 at the Illinois 20.

Legend12

Aaron White Fan Club President
Reaction score
Wasn't there also a series in the 4th where the Illini stopped the Hawks on 3rd/short around midfield, but the Hawks got called for holding? Zooker took the penalty, and Jake hit somebody on a long pass on the second 3rd down.

BTW, it was 2007.
Nick Brayton was called for holding...moved Iowa back to 3rd and 14...next play JC hit Paul Chaney for a 29 yard gain to the Illinois 29.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Kaeding was awesome, he went nuts on every kick.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This is a great YouTube channel. Watching 8-12 minute game summaries is 2812 times better than watching the various gay ScotHawk/knockoffs where game clips are set to Lee Township music with corny captions added on occasion

Go to 11:01 in that video and look how freaking skinny Bielema was. He is twice that size now.

CamelTones

Reaction score

BTW, it was 2007.
2006 or 2007. Both years sucked big ones.

Reaction score
This is a great YouTube channel. Watching 8-12 minute game summaries is 2812 times better than watching the various gay ScotHawk/knockoffs where game clips are set to Lee Township music with corny captions added on occasion

I like the highlights with the rap music.

Reaction score
The Peach Bowl highlights are nice. Iowa got throttled the year before in the Rose Bowl and hadn't won a Bowl game in 23 years. The play of the game was with under 5:00 minutes left, Iowa was backed up and Reggie Roby hammered a 60+ yard punt.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Hartlieb's drop back looked odd on the game winning TD.

Reaction score
I like Ferentz, but this game shows what the big difference between Fry and Ferentz is. Carlos Snow fumbles on Iowa's 20 with only 1:00 minute left in the first half, Fry/offense takes the ball 70 yards for a field goal.

This game was not televised in Iowa. Had to watch it on Iowa Public Television on delay at 10:00 PM at night.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I like Ferentz, but this game shows what the big difference between Fry and Ferentz is. Carlos Snow fumbles on Iowa's 20 with only 1:00 minute left in the first half, Fry/offense takes the ball 70 yards for a field goal.

This game was not televised in Iowa. Had to watch it on Iowa Public Television on delay at 10:00 PM at night.
Oddly, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, while listening to the game on the radio. I had never seen video until a couple of years ago. For some odd reason, I remember it as being a warm day in Iowa City.

Reaction score

Oddly, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, while listening to the game on the radio. I had never seen video until a couple of years ago. For some odd reason, I remember it as being a warm day in Iowa City.
It was warm, listened to it in our kitchen, it was a really warm day in Dubuque in November. Worthless trivia/fact, Eric Kumerow who was a good linebacker for Ohio State (shows up with two sacks toward the end of the game) is the grandson of Tony the Tuna Accardo (took over the Chicago Mafia) after Al Capone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Accardo

Reaction score

They did share some awesome clock management skills. That final drive was Wisconsin/Capital One Bowl-like.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I remember listening to it on the radio.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score

It was warm, listened to it in our kitchen, it was a really warm day in Dubuque in November.
Just looked it up, high of 63 that day.

Reaction score
after nine months off, he posted more

2003 Arizona State (a win that seemed huge at the time, I think Arizona State finished 5-7 though)

2010 Iowa State (after this ass-kicking, I was convinced that Iowa was going to be in the Rose Bowl. Whoops)

Reaction score
after nine months off, he posted more

2003 Arizona State (a win that seemed huge at the time, I think Arizona State finished 5-7 though)
That Aflac trivia question was horrible. They missed at least 2 other coaches.

I hope LAX wasn't working that day.

Reaction score
I'm pumped up for football season yet slightly pissed that that 2010 team didn't have a better year. I'm not sure Iowa has ever had that much talent on both sides of the ball.

Reaction score
this isn't actually him, but the entire 2004 Ohio State game is on YouTube, which is awesome

Last edited:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Also, Howard Hodges is one of the more underrated players of the KF era.
That 2002 team was so incredibly stacked. I really hope we reach that level again.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
That announcer on the right kind of strokes out every 5th word....

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa punted from the Ohio State 39 on the first drive.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The Ohio State game proves that literally anyone can play running back for Iowa and be successful.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
this isn't actually him, but the entire 2004 Ohio State game on YouTube is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLTnOWF8j0
Christ almighty I miss Kinnick's natural grass. With every highschool in Texas having identical turf to Kinnick, college football has lost some of its individuality.

ABC network + Big Ten + natural grass + late afternoon = splooge

I think the cosmetic details of college football do matter.

Reaction score
2002 Iowa-Michigan State. Basically the start of six straight awesome ass-kickings.

2006 Iowa-Iowa State. At 9:30 you can see Marshal Yanda murder then-freshman DE Rashawn Parker

1981 Iowa-Wisconsin

Reaction score
I love the kickoff return by Jermelle.

#1) the hole there is like 10 yards wide. The average HaLoite could have made it to the 25.

#2) he is fucking flying. there are like 3 different Spartans who actually have the angle on him and wind up 5 yards back.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I love the kickoff return by Jermelle.

#1) the hole there is like 10 yards wide. The average HaLoite could have made it to the 25.

#2) he is fucking flying. there are like 3 different Spartans who actually have the angle on him and wind up 5 yards back.
MSU scored on their opening drive before Jermelle's TD return. Literally from that TD on Iowa didn't really have a 'close' game (meaning one that you felt was in doubt in the 4th quarter) the rest of the conference schedule.

howler

Reaction score
Fall 2002 was my first semester as a student at MSU, and I remember that team having some relatively high expectations that year, and even cracking the top 15 (or top 10?) early in the season. "Where there's smoke, there's fire" was the ad campaign for Smoker and Rodgers. They had sex appeal, but ultimately all they had was some Bobby Williams.

They finished 4-8.

CamelTones

Reaction score
It's been 10 years but holy shit was that team good. It makes seeing the offensive struggles now a little more frustrating because that team was loaded at almost every position on offense save QB. Luckily they had Banks.

howler

Reaction score
It's been 10 years but holy shit was that team good. It makes seeing the offensive struggles now a little more frustrating because that team was loaded at almost every position on offense save QB. Luckily they had Banks.
And I've posed this question before: Where did that perfect storm of talent come from? Keep in mind, that team was coming off some pretty shitty seasons, and one mediocre one. If you were to look at the commitment list from '99-'01, it would have to be a majority of 2-stars, no? Yet those motherfuckers went 8-0 and produced more All-Americans than I can count.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It was honestly just luck and some hard working, overachieving guys with a decent strength and conditioning program and motivated coaches.

None of them were highly rated (for the most part), but a lot of them started out in different positions and were just athletes. Gallery, Clark, etc.....

Think of how rare that is today in the era of Rivals, Scout, etc. You get a few guys who switch positions, but for the most part nearly everyone is staying exactly where they were at or making very minor changes (CB to Safety).

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
It was honestly just luck and some hard working, overachieving guys with a decent strength and conditioning program and motivated coaches.

None of them were highly rated (for the most part), but a lot of them started out in different positions and were just athletes. Gallery, Clark, etc.....

Think of how rare that is today in the era of Rivals, Scout, etc. You get a few guys who switch positions, but for the most part nearly everyone is staying exactly where they were at or making very minor changes (CB to Safety).
How high was Jermelle rated? Anyone remember?

howler

Reaction score

Yep, I guess. And a QB who could run and throw with equal fervor behind a dominant OL. Lethal. Purdue QB draw was play of the year for that team, and no QB at Iowa since has possessed the tools to do that.