Hawkeye football video archives

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Iowa-Michigan State 2009, OneHourFootball (actually 72 minutes)

Just watched the last drive of this video. KOK made some great calls on that drive. And Narduzzi was an idiot by blitzing down inside the 10 leaving the slants wide open.

Reaction score
The most dominant one half performance by an Iowa football team, over a team that had tied Michigan the previous week. (Oops, this isn't the historian. But this one has a lot more than his 7 minute highlight vid, so I'll just leave this.)

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
1946 Purdue at Iowa, in color!

Dad, Grandpa, and Grandma were at this game. It may be the game where a drunk stood up at a moment the whole stadium was hushed and yelled, "Come on, you assholes!" Things like that didn't happen in those days. And I think the refs were going golfing after the game.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score

Dad, Grandpa, and Grandma were at this game. It may be the game where a drunk stood up at a moment the whole stadium was hushed and yelled, "Come on, you assholes!" Things like that didn't happen in those days. And I think the refs were going golfing after the game.
The ol' wing-T.

CamelTones

Reaction score
A couple guys celebrated Iowas last touchdown and extra point but not a single player really got excited for anything. Interception? Just walk to the sideline.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
A couple guys celebrated Iowas last touchdown and extra point but not a single player really got excited for anything. Interception? Just walk to the sideline.
I always told myself that if I ever score a touchdown in a high profile football game, I'd celebrate with handshakes, the old fashioned way. Can't wait to try it out!

Reaction score

The ol' wing-T.
I counted about half a dozen direct snaps to the RB with the QB under center. Was this a standard component of the wing-T?

Reaction score
The ol' wing-T.
I counted about half a dozen direct snaps to the RB with the QB under center. Was this a standard component of the wing-T?
Was pretty much a standard feature of the single and double wing. The Wildcat formation is is a throwback to the single wing and it's been around since the 20's and 30's.

Reaction score
weird that the Iowa State game last year was the first time Iowa has ever won an OT game on offense. I think the Northwestern game was the first time Iowa ever lost an OT game on offense (failing to match). So until last year, Iowa has either lost the coin flip or gone to 2OT in games it won the coin flip.

Reaction score
One Hour Football is back for now. He has a bunch of 2014 Iowa games if you're the suicidal type, otherwise here are three of the greatest final 90 seconds games in Iowa history

and some good wins from the forgettable 2011 team

Coker had so much potential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YiKgHzKzo

Bob

Reaction score
Coker was really good. I'd take him in 2011 over any Ferentz back except Shonn. Basically impossible to stop for a loss

Reaction score
That 2003 game in Madison is one of my all-time favorites. That teams had some leaders.

Reaction score
It's Thursday night. 3-day weekend coming up. Crack a beer and spend the next 2:30 watching Iowa win @ #5 Penn State (a program that famously spent years covering up a series of child rapes)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ran across this video today. Different era, but there is no mistaking a KF team winning ugly. His first Big Ten win over an MSU team that was ranked in this game but finished 5-6. lol Bobby Williams

Reaction score
I ran across this video today. Different era, but there is no mistaking a KF team winning ugly. His first Big Ten win over an MSU team that was ranked in this game but finished 5-6. lol Bobby Williams

Believe 12:40 is first time freshman Demond Sanders killed a player on the field

Reaction score

CamelTones

Reaction score

Believe 12:40 is first time freshman Demond Sanders killed a player on the field
Possibly the first time he murdered someone, not the first time he assaulted someone though. First game of the season All-American David Allens seasons was ruined.

It’s been 15 years since Bob played at Iowa. Fuck.

Reaction score

Possibly the first time he murdered someone, not the first time he assaulted someone though. First game of the season All-American David Allens seasons was ruined.

It’s been 15 years since Bob played at Iowa. Fuck.
the first clip is an Iowa team 1–15 in the last 1.5 seasons (and would hit 20 losses in 21 games) within 10 points of a top 10 K-State team (in the middle of 4 straight top 10 seasons) entering the 4th quarter. watching the 2000 highlight videos is fun, they weren't very good yet but those teams played HARD and you could already start seeing the positives emerging (after the fact, obviously).

Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Rushed the field after beating the #25 team at home. It was a dark time for Iowa Football.

Reaction score
This game wasn't televised so it's nice to see it again. It clinched bowl eligibility for the first time in 4 years.

A very memorable play at 10:25.

Reaction score
Love me some Hayden. Check out his interview at the start of the '84 Freedom Bowl (where we set Texas' program back almost two decades)

douglasbader

Reaction score
This game wasn't televised so it's nice to see it again. It clinched bowl eligibility for the first time in 4 years.

A very memorable play at 10:25.

That feels like yesterday but watching it is a completely different era.

The era of Big Ten conference games that weren't even televised, loose fitting equipment and Reebok uniforms, real grass on the field, the old school IOWA in the end zone with the 2 bar helmet from the 70's and the students rushing the field after a 6 win season.

With that said, there also is so much that is still the same. Kirk and Brian on the sideline, Phil Parker coaching some great d-backs, Doyle changing players from soft to tough, O'Queef coaching the QB's and Gary Dolphin fucking up call after call with Ed having to correct him.

17 years later and all of that will still be happening this Fall.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Love me some Hayden. Check out his interview at the start of the '84 Freedom Bowl (where we set Texas' program back almost two decades)

Hayden: "Owen Gill is really hurt. He's got 2 bad ankles, a bad neck and a bruised kidney. We're going to play him".......

Reaction score
this wound up being Hayden's last win

last game at the Metrodome

Bob

Reaction score
I forgot they got off to such a slow start in that 08 Minnesota game. Also lol at Shonn just annihilating DJK

douglasbader

Reaction score
I continue to be amazed by how ridiculous the end zones used to be. You watch highlights 2002 and earlier and it was bizarre.

In that Northwestern video at the 3:00 minute mark there is a group of maybe 10-15 toddlers just chilling on blankets right where a bunch of grown men in helmets and pads go flying into.

Reaction score
I continue to be amazed by how ridiculous the end zones used to be. You watch highlights 2002 and earlier and it was bizarre.

In that Northwestern video at the 3:00 minute mark there is a group of maybe 10-15 toddlers just chilling on blankets right where a bunch of grown men in helmets and pads go flying into.
I always liked the way fans could celebrate a random 2nd quarter TD on the field in my younger days and still sort of miss it in a vaguely nostalgic/innocent way but looking back it’s like “who the fuck thought this was a good idea?”

Last edited:

douglasbader

Reaction score

I always liked the way fans could celebrate a random 2nd quarter on the field in my younger days and still sort of miss it in a vaguely nostalgic/innocent way but looking back it’s like “who the fuck thought this was a good idea?”
It was great and one of the reasons to sit in the end zone because you knew that you could run onto the field and celebrate whenever they scored.

Like you said though, who in the fuck allowed it to happen for so long. It is absurd.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

I always liked the way fans could celebrate a random 2nd quarter on the field in my younger days and still sort of miss it in a vaguely nostalgic/innocent way but looking back it’s like “who the fuck thought this was a good idea?”
didn’t kids used to spill out into the endzone at Kinnick during quarter breaks?

douglasbader

Reaction score

didn’t kids used to spill out into the endzone at Kinnick during quarter breaks?
They did and you would have kids playing catch in the end zone.

Sundown

Homewrecker
Reaction score
Barnstormer legend Carlos "The Assassin" James (apparently in the 90s this was a perfectly reasonable indoor football player nickname)

thrawn

Reaction score
Fuckin hell the 2008 PSU game is a hard watch
It seems like Iowa ran about 15 plays before the 4th quarter. Stanzi made the big plays but was garbage for much of it.

last great game at Kinnick on grass. Being cold AF seemed fitting.